The Cave

ravnaz

They update on Thursdays.

Yeah that's what I thought, that's what's strange; NoE and Ron Gilbert tweeted that it was going to be out today. I pretty much expected it to be Thursday but maybe they'll release it with the Nintendo Direct or something.

Or maybe, they are just being dicks and it is out on Thursday as normal.

Can anyone add in the other systems tags in the original post?

Been playing this for a bit. Playing using the same 3 characters as the Giant Bomb video - the knight, twins and monk.

I'm not sure as the usefulness of the twins as yet but the knight's shield is good and the monk's telekinesis seems invaluable.

I'm not convinced with the control feel - it just feels a bit sticky, a bit too heavy.

It looks fantastic and it's Ron Gilbert and Double Fine so the writing is top notch.

The trial is pretty short, then I unlocked the full game and got some kind of almost game-breaking bug where the camera wouldn't follow my character but I also couldn't change my character. I'm not sure how I got out of it but I ended up saving and quitting a few times.

I'm currently stuck on a puzzle that is most likely staring me in the face but if anyone has finished the minecart puzzle can you help me with the top one?

Can anyone add in the other systems tags in the original post?

Been playing this for a bit. Playing using the same 3 characters as the Giant Bomb video - the knight, twins and monk.

I'm not sure as the usefulness of the twins as yet but the knight's shield is good and the monk's telekinesis seems invaluable.

I'm not convinced with the control feel - it just feels a bit sticky, a bit too heavy.

It looks fantastic and it's Ron Gilbert and Double Fine so the writing is top notch.

The trial is pretty short, then I unlocked the full game and got some kind of almost game-breaking bug where the camera wouldn't follow my character but I also couldn't change my character. I'm not sure how I got out of it but I ended up saving and quitting a few times.

I'm currently stuck on a puzzle that is most likely staring me in the face but if anyone has finished the minecart puzzle can you help me with the top one?

If it's the one I'm thinking of:

Make sure you have the spade, then push the minecart until it starts rolling, then jump in. On the second screen, use the spade on the track switch to ride the cart back to the miner.

Anyone got off

the Island yet? Managed to get the hermit in the boat, but don't know what to do now. I've got a parrot in a box of crackers, and a bone and a tin of corn, but using either on Sparky doesn't seem to do anything?