The Wind Waker remake for WiiU - not just HD

Smitty

I finished it this weekend too. It's so much better than I remember it. I never finished the Gamecube game (though I didn't realise quite how close I had come to finishing it!) but this time it felt so much more manageable. The Swift Sail is a perfect addition, makes sailing much more fun. The Gamepad makes it a much smoother experience. Even just having the songs listed on there when using the Wind Waker is great.

What a wonderful night of gaming. Sat here working my way through the Earth Temple. It was a bit stop-start at first but I'm just chilling out and enjoying it. Some clever puzzles.

Must get this swift sail though when I get out, never even knew it existed.

• 4 weeks later...

Still playing this and loving every minute of it. I think the Wind temple has to be one of the greatest temples in any Zelda game. Lots of lateral thinking and ingenious puzzles moulded with stunning graphics, this really is a tour de force of Nintendo epicness. I completed this on the Gamecube when it first come out, but I can't remember most of it, so it's like a new game. Going to mop up some side quests now and soak it all in. It's seriously one of the prettiest games I've ever played, the art direction and use of colours is typical Nintendo.

• 2 months later...

What a game. I've been playing since Christmas day, doing things that I never got round to on the GC. The map is fully drawn out by the fish, I've placed plants and flags all around Windfall Island, found some special armour and a picked up a funky mask.

The last dungeon/boss thing is open but I don't want to go in.

I don't want it to end. :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the Zelda games but I have a confession to make: I've only ever played the original Gameboy one (finished), Ocarina of Time (finished), Wind Waker (finished) and Twilight Princess (gave up on). I've never played Link to the Past, any of the other handheld ones that have come out over the years or Majora's Mask. Wind Waker is my absolute favourite, I think, and even back on original release I loved the art style. Yeah, the triforce hunt bit was a bit shit and long winded, but man, what a game. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

I have just started playing this after getting it free with Mario Kart promo.

Got to the bit where the talking boat picks you up and takes you to island to buy a sail

I have never planned Windwaker before and so far I am really enjoying it and I am surprised how well it plays for a 12 year game.

Agree I also got this for the freebie it's a great game & very beautiful. I'm also just a little bit further along than you DarkCrisis just done the first boss fight.

This game feels current gen easily. I was annoyed when they charged full price on launch but still bought it and I'm glad

I did. Compared to some of the terrible HD updates I've seen on the PS3 I'm pretty happy. I took it as my free game with MK8 despite finishing it last year.

I wish the item screen on the WiiU gamepad would give you a description of what each item does, I'm unsure on a few items I've collected.

Also hate the way the boat keeps telling me I can't go this way & puts me back on track towards the next main quest. I want to sail the open seas & go where I want.

I think that's only for the first island. Also with regard to sailing

Make sure you pick up the new swift sail as soon as possible. It makes the sailing so much more enjoyable that they should have just made it the default sail.

I purchased one from a trader in Windfall he does not have any other sails to sell?

You will get to do that very soon...

Awesome can't wait, really loving the game it looks beautiful & control/humour is brilliant. First Zelda game I've played since Link to the Past (SNES).

I wish the item screen on the WiiU gamepad would give you a description of what each item does, I'm unsure on a few items I've collected.

It does. I was also confused by this but there's a button to press for info. Not on Wii U currently so can't tell you which.

It does. I was also confused by this but there's a button to press for info. Not on Wii U currently so can't tell you which.

ok thanks the kid is playing now I'll nick his gamepad to have a look.

Doh !! Stupidly easy, highlight the item & press A

Game needs to have a help menu showing you the controls.