The Wind Waker remake for WiiU - not just HD

Smitty

No, you need to get it by playing the auction mini game on Windfall island at night. As an aside, you might want to check out the disco dancing dude on Windfall as he has something useful as well.

Thanks for the tips.

• 2 years later...

Holy shit, I've just completed the Triforce Shard quest! After putting the game down for two years. I did consult a guide at a couple of points though; some of the things you need to do aren't clear at all.

Also, today a friend told me me how to reveal the squares on the map - I'm 41 hours in and didn't have a clue.

IMG_2388.JPG

I mean, will ya just look at that. Still beautiful.

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2016 at 23:40, ryodi said:

I thought talking to the boat would give you a clue about where you're supposed to be going if it isn't marked on the map?

...what? I booted this up again this morning, forgetting I was lost at sea, so deleted the save file and started again. I don't know how far in I was - I'd got the fire and earth gem thingies.

Goddamn.

:(

• 1 year later...

I played through this in 2017 on the WiiU as a prelude to BOTW (having bounced off it on the GC because of the pain of traversing the ocean), and while it's not my favorite in the series it's still a great little game (bar the triforce shards quest) and my goodness does it look incredible in HD. After all the moaning about the graphical style at the time it still looks superb to this day, just beautiful.

Which reminds me I really must go back and finish Skyward Sword which I was really enjoying (again playing on the WiiU prior to BOTW). Unfortunately I only made it about half way through before the release of BOTW.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

@metallicfrodo just in case you didn't know this - there's a fast sail available in the auction house in the HD version which goes a lot faster and automatically adjusts the wind direction. Makes traversing the ocean, well, a breeze.

Thanks, yes I did know that and that was what lead to me completing it on WiiU.

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fast forward to Christmas 2018, I decided I was in the mood for a Zelda game for DAT XMAS FEEL, and found myself setting sail again. Today, we're talking 2019 by now, I can finally say that I completed Wind Waker after 17 years! And what a lovely experience it was. Great game, but even in the HD version the triforce shards feel like annoying filler.

If only Nap0leon was here to moan about  celebrate it. A WW thread just isn't the same without him posting his gif.

34 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

If only Nap0leon was here to moan about  celebrate it. A WW thread just isn't the same without him posting his gif.

I have to admit that his gif did come to mind during certain moments in my playthrough! :)

7 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Did they ever patch in the option to invert the camera y-axis on the Wii U version? I was so excited to play it and gave up after 10 minutes as I couldn’t invert it. 

I just fired the game back up especially for you and it seems like they did! Separate inversion options for camera and first-person view.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I have to admit that his gif did come to mind during certain moments in my playthrough! :Lol:

They did, separate inversion options for camera and first-person view.

Fantastic! May well give this another go now.

Thinking of grabbing a Wii U and this would be a very good reason for doing so! Owned one on release but sold it. My VC stuff is on my account though and Nintendo unlinked the old machine for me so a new one would pick them up. Loved WW on the GameCube and would be glorious to play it in HD. Can’t afford or justifya switch and being able to play this and BOTW plus the other games on the U means pay day can’t come fast enough. Invert view as well! Perfect. 

I'm tempted to plug in the cube tomorrow and fire this up, I still have my original disc and I "think" the save file might be on a memory card inside the case, I hope so anyway.

Somehow I managed to finish it back in the day, although I do remember being a dirty cheat and using a guide to find all the shards, was a wonderful game, which I never got round to playing past the first island on the Wii U, totally would get it if it came to the Switch though, having quite the time playing through FF7 again ( via emulation on the Switch ) and this would e perfect as a handheld title :)