Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread


mushashi
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dood said:

Cold reboot the Ps4 is the only way I can get around it.   I think its related to using rest mode. 

 

I'll give that a go. I have been using Rest mode a lot more recently but it did it yesterday after I installed 4.50 as well.

 

Apparently deleting the YouTube app, removing the link in settings and then reinstalling the app and logging in through there might help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

 

Cool.  I wonder what's stopping them just making it an automatic sync like the trophies. 

 

I guess it does do that on your primary console with the auto-upload feature but not on any other consoles you are using. I'm happy with the shortcut on the options button that is much easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Does anyone know how to fix the YouTube sign in loop issue? Every time I sign in it says my account is now linked and then asks me to sign in again.


I've tried to unlink my account but it's not my main google account I use with YouTube, it's a sub channel or whatever which doesn't have it's own Google account settings.

I'm having the same problem. I tried a reboot but it's still looping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are there any USB ports at the back or do you need to plug external drives in the front?

 

This is going to be a godsend for our household. My partner only plays a few games but they're all on the hard drive. Dragon Age, Overwatch, Diablo and Final Fantasy 10 have a massive footprint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Are there any USB ports at the back or do you need to plug external drives in the front?

 

This is going to be a godsend for our household. My partner only plays a few games but they're all on the hard drive. Dragon Age, Overwatch, Diablo and Final Fantasy 10 have a massive footprint.

 

The PS4 original and slim models only have two USB ports, both of which are on the front.

 

The PS4 Pro has an additional USB port, on the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, this external HDD support has mostly got me wondering when they'll release a Pro+ with 4 USB ports on so you can have both PSVR and a hard drive plugged in unobtrusively at the same time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Are there any USB ports at the back or do you need to plug external drives in the front?

 

This is going to be a godsend for our household. My partner only plays a few games but they're all on the hard drive. Dragon Age, Overwatch, Diablo and Final Fantasy 10 have a massive footprint.

Agreed, such a huge plus for a lazy twat like me who just can't be arsed spending even half of the few hours I get alone when my 18 month old sleeps pulling apart my console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So er, no one else had their machine go wrong since 4.50?  No problems then the console seemed to crash during the update.  Took a while to get it back (safe mode, re-did the update, rebuild the database etc).  Now the disc drive is knackered, won't read and the only way to stop it making that awful kerchunk noise every 5 seconds is to stuff a disc in it while it's off so it can spit it out on power up.  And for some reason now my monitor can't detect its input unless its the only thing plugged in to it.

 

Seems like it was a really common fault a couple of years ago but hasn't affected anyone else this update.  Could just be a coincidence I suppose - I'm in warranty still (just) any experiences with getting it replaced?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me. I don't really know anything about headsets with mics as I've never been bothered about online gaming. My son however loves it. He just bought a new headset to use with his ipad and on my PS4. It's nothing flash, a ks Mannhatan for 30 odd quid, and I understand that the Bluetooth won't work with PS4, but when he plugs it in wired to the dualshock it plays the audio but doesn't recognise the mic. Do only certain headset mics work with PS4? Do you have to buy a Sony one? Got a gutted twelve year old who's spent all his pocket money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bazjam said:

Can anyone help me. I don't really know anything about headsets with mics as I've never been bothered about online gaming. My son however loves it. He just bought a new headset to use with his ipad and on my PS4. It's nothing flash, a ks Mannhatan for 30 odd quid, and I understand that the Bluetooth won't work with PS4, but when he plugs it in wired to the dualshock it plays the audio but doesn't recognise the mic. Do only certain headset mics work with PS4? Do you have to buy a Sony one? Got a gutted twelve year old who's spent all his pocket money.

 

there was a whole discussion about this, quite recently.

 

IIRC there's two standards for in-line mics. Apple use one, Sony use the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pad supports both standards, but made-for-iPhone headphones have a different impedance to most. At some point they updated the controller hardware and the console OS in ways that made them not work. Apparently they didn't work very well to begin with which is probably why.

 

Also most Bluetooth headphones won't let you use their mic over a wired connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Their compatibility list is simply wrong, presumably since Sony started revising the guts of the dual shocks a few years ago and since OS 3.5. 

 

3.50 was when they disabled compatibility for a lot of headsets, yeah...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Doom needs 76GB! Had to delete half my hard drive

 

Around three quarters of that is the multiplayer that about six people play. Update after update after update. I started to feel like a cartoon character that had had an air hose stuffed up their arse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To answer my own question from a while back, and contrary to an answer I received, I'm finding the battery life of one of the new style controllers far better than the old ones. Could just be that the capacity in my launch ones has degraded but I don't remember them being anywhere near as good even when they were new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else experience a delay between opening the Share menu and the console being ready to save a video clip? If got the clip time set to 30 seconds and yet it regularly takes 3-5 seconds for the square button (save clip) to become available. It's really frustrating in the middle of a Titanfall 2 match to have something cool happen and then have to hide so I can wait for the clip to save. I've tried rebuilding the database and have 150GB free. I don't want to save 15 minute clips of entire games and then edit them afterwards just to grab a few seconds.

 

The Xbox doesn't have this problem and on the new dash it takes less than a second to press Xbox, X and then get back to playing. Is there anything I can do to sort this out on the PS4, or is it just slow now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The remote play app for phone's has been updated so you can use your devices microphone to talk in game and parties. It always annoyed me this was missing and can mean you can chat with mates if the TV is being used for something else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2017 at 21:08, Phil said:

Does anyone else experience a delay between opening the Share menu and the console being ready to save a video clip? If got the clip time set to 30 seconds and yet it regularly takes 3-5 seconds for the square button (save clip) to become available. It's really frustrating in the middle of a Titanfall 2 match to have something cool happen and then have to hide so I can wait for the clip to save. I've tried rebuilding the database and have 150GB free. I don't want to save 15 minute clips of entire games and then edit them afterwards just to grab a few seconds.

 

The Xbox doesn't have this problem and on the new dash it takes less than a second to press Xbox, X and then get back to playing. Is there anything I can do to sort this out on the PS4, or is it just slow now?

 

Ive raised this on here many times and been told I have a faulty PS4 by people who either don't capture footage or have a different concept of time....

 

TF2 is particularly slow where Destiny/BF4 are quicker but still not as quick as Xbone 

 

Its just the way it is on PS4 now and the same on a Pro :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm assuming it's something in the latest firmware update which will hopefully get fixed.

 

I have my capture limit set to 1 hour so in PvP matches will wait till the results screen to capture anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/03/2017 at 21:08, Phil said:

Does anyone else experience a delay between opening the Share menu and the console being ready to save a video clip? If got the clip time set to 30 seconds and yet it regularly takes 3-5 seconds for the square button (save clip) to become available. It's really frustrating in the middle of a Titanfall 2 match to have something cool happen and then have to hide so I can wait for the clip to save. I've tried rebuilding the database and have 150GB free. I don't want to save 15 minute clips of entire games and then edit them afterwards just to grab a few seconds.

 

Yeah, I get that too, although I'm kind of used to quickly editing things afterwards so I've become used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Ive raised this on here many times and been told I have a faulty PS4 by people who either don't capture footage or have a different concept of time....

 

TF2 is particularly slow where Destiny/BF4 are quicker but still not as quick as Xbone 

 

Its just the way it is on PS4 now and the same on a Pro :(

 

I'm assuming the rest of the OS is faster on the Pro though?  There's certain things that still have a bit of a pause when loading on my base PS4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.