PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

The PSVR breakout box only having HDMI 1.4 or whatever they are is so fucking lame. I'm currently not using my headset as much as I would like due to the ballache of swapping leads. I mean I still use it but some days I think nah can't be arsed pulling the lead out, I'll just play something else instead. Being on a Nex Machina/Resogun kick is probably playing a big part in that, what with them both being beautiful HDR games but I'm gonna have to get off my arse at some point today to play Polybius on PSVR.

Why they didn't fit HDMI 2.0 on the thing is a fucking mystery.

36 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I've got my PSVR set up like this which allows 4k/HDR though but requires two HDMI slot on the TV 

PS4 -> High Quality HDMI lead -> Bi-Directional Splitter (single port side)

Splitter
- Port 1 -> another high quality lead -> TV HDMI slot 1  
- Port 2 -> any old HDMI lead -> PSVR processing box

PSVR Processing box
- TV HDMI -> any free slot on the back of the telly

If I'm playing a non PSVR game I set the splitter switch to 1 and HDMI input on the TV to 1 - pass though works and 4k/ HDR etc
If I'm playing PSVR I set the switch to 2. If I want the screen mirrored I set the TV HDMI to 2  

Perfect - thanks - going to give this a go as I have the free HDMI slots - and I really should buy a decent HDMI cable.

I found a PS4 Pro on my local Gumtree for £225, so decided to go for it.

Plugged into my 1080p screen they was no real discernible difference between this and my standard PS 4. No real frame rate improvements or anything else much I could see. Certainly no reason to upgrade.

However I bought a 65 inch 4K Samsung HDR screen this week and the difference is mind blowing. Its almost a generational leap it looks so pretty. No jaggies anywhere and silky smooth high res beautiful graphics on the 4K screen.  And to me looks much better than anything I have seen from the GTX 980 in my PC.

On 6/24/2017 at 16:59, rubberducker said:

I found a PS4 Pro on my local Gumtree for £225, so decided to go for it.

Plugged into my 1080p screen they was no real discernible difference between this and my standard PS 4. No real frame rate improvements or anything else much I could see. Certainly no reason to upgrade.

However I bought a 65 inch 4K Samsung HDR screen this week and the difference is mind blowing. Its almost a generational leap it looks so pretty. No jaggies anywhere and silky smooth high res beautiful graphics on the 4K screen.  And to me looks much better than anything I have seen from the GTX 980 in my PC.

I will say that I've just started playing Horizon and there is a visible difference between the game with super sampling turned on or off @ 1080p. The Image is super clean and beautiful with Super Sampling on, and with it off it certainly looks a fair bit less polished. 

I'm sure at actual 4K It'll look totally stunning though. 

• 2 weeks later...

PSX @ SEA is happening in August:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited Singapore Branch (SIES) is pleased to announce that it will hold the PlayStation Experience 2017 South East Asia (SEA)  in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 5th of August 2017. This will be the first PlayStation centric show in South East Asia, and is modelled after the PlayStation Experience, which is held annually in the United States. PlayStation Experience kicked off in 2014 in Las Vegas, and since then has become an event much looked forward to by PlayStation fans around the world.

https://asia.playstation.com/en-my/press-releases/2017/1h/20170707-playstationexperience2017SEA/

1 hour ago, tyler said:

Any ideas why my TV remote would stop working with the PS4? Used to be able to navigate menus, TV apps with it.

Have you checked the setting Enable HDCP or what ever it is labelled as (on the PS4)? My PS4 somehow unchecked the box of its own accord (only recently, maybe an update did it, and the same to yours).

After been out of the loop with regards the PS4 for a while I recently got acquainted with Journey.. so quick question anybody any suggestions for games like this? 

Also PS-VR is it worth it on a standard PS4? How well does it work? 

Also wondering where the P.T. demo went.. its on my list but can't download it guess it was pulled at some point....

TIA!

48 minutes ago, David Kenny said:

Yeah P.T. was pulled unfortunately. It's partly the reason why I haven't upgraded to a Pro, I still don't have the cojones to actually play it.

Shame. I managed to finish it at least...(nerves were at wreck at the end :D)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PS4-With-P-T-installed-/141652701864

Wow PS4 with P.T. Demo installed went for 2K????! Really.. madness.... it was interesting but not worth that much... :)

I really loved it, and got quite far, but I got to a bit I couldn't really figure out so I was just wandering around in that corridor for ages, and the longer I was in there the more oppressive the feeling of terror became until I was just a palpitating mound of gibbering jelly with a Playstation 4 controller attached to it. I'll go back to it one day.

Just now, David Kenny said:

I really loved it, and got quite far, but I got to a bit I couldn't really figure out so I was just wandering around in that corridor for ages, and the longer I was in there the more oppressive the feeling of terror became until I was just a palpitating mound of gibbering jelly with a Playstation 4 controller attached to it. I'll go back to it one day.

:) It was one weird demo... probably one of the most memorable experiences though.. really hoped that Silent Hills got made by Hideo Kojima and his team... although Death Standing is looking interesting....

20 hours ago, David Kenny said:

Yeah P.T. was pulled unfortunately. It's partly the reason why I haven't upgraded to a Pro, I still don't have the cojones to actually play it.

It can be moved to your Pro. It's also possible to redownload it:

EDIT: Removed link.

4 hours ago, Super Craig said:

It can be moved to your Pro. It's also possible to redownload it:

http://wololo.net/2016/04/10/how-to-redownload-p-t-silent-hills/

This link took me to some ransomware crap on my phone that required my to nuke my cache and web data to get the browser working again. 

Maybe want to delete it? Maybe just post the steps here? 

32 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

This link took me to some ransomware crap on my phone that required my to nuke my cache and web data to get the browser working again. 

Maybe want to delete it? Maybe just post the steps here? 

No issues here, but I've removed it.

Quick guide
(recommended for those that know their ways with PC)
1. Download and install SUWI (check all options).
2. Set your PS4 to use your PC as proxy.
3. Download P.T. from Library

Super Detailed guide 
(recommended for those that want to make sure they did not missed any steps)

On Windows PC:
1. Download SUWI 
2. Run Suwi R20110308.exe and check all options.
3. Download CheckIP 
4. Open the zip file and run “Check IP.bat” to see your proxy IP address.

On PS4:
1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
3. Complete the network setting.

Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:
1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
3. Go to LIBRARY.
4. Choose P.T.
5. DOWNLOAD P.T.

SUWI:  http://wololo.net/download.php?f=2016/SuwiR20110308.zip

What's the best way to prevent a game from updating? I won't be playing it for a while, but it's massive and so I don't really want to completely delete it. Do I just need to catch it mid-update next time and pause it?

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Either just let it update in the background (why do you not want it to update?) or, I think, play 10 other games.

Monthly bandwidth caps, and updates to ESO are typically enormous. It's not a huge deal, but given I'm paying by the laser I figure I'd see if there was a way of preventing it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, macosx said:

Didn't know PSN was going up by a whole tenner to £49.99.

Yup, just got the same email - prolly why they are dropping Just Cause 3 this month to sweeten the deal, typical politicians move by the asshats at Sony :rolleyes: