PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

3 hours ago, Fuddle said:

I've now renewed 3 times this year!

back in February when it normally expires (using my free Argos points), at E3 when it was on offer for £30. And again now with the 15 month thing.

so it's now expiring half way through 2020. Hopefully I'll still be alive by then.

I'm properly OCD with this kind of thing. I get anxious about things running out, even though it's totally ridiculous as there'll always be deals available. 

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

I bought Lethal league full price the day before it went on sale. Are Sony the kind of company that would refund the difference?

Actually they might. It's worth a try.

I bought a PSN sub then before it got chance to register ended up buying Resogun (thought it was free on sub and just was too click happy). They refunded me the cost of it. 

I think it's because it's already had a price increase there TehStu. They know what they're doing, tell everyone it's going up from £40 to £50 in September and panic everyone into renewing or extending their sub now, and also throw in a couple extra months for free in case they're any stragglers still on the fence about it. Can't argue, it's a good way of generating free money. 

3 hours ago, Jackson said:

I bought Lethal league full price the day before it went on sale. Are Sony the kind of company that would refund the difference?

I bought Abzu 2 days before it went on sale a few months back. I e-mailed them and they refunded me, and took the license away, so i could purchase it again at the cheaper price - picked up 'Inside' with the difference.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I'm properly OCD with this kind of thing. I get anxious about things running out, even though it's totally ridiculous as there'll always be deals available. 

One reason to not let it expire is that if you then re-subscribe, the downloads list doesn't stay in the same order. You'd think that after one such incident and having to scroll through hundreds of shit PES flag packs to get to the latest monthly games I would learn to keep my sub topped up, but nope - done it twice now.

1 hour ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

One reason to not let it expire is that if you then re-subscribe, the downloads list doesn't stay in the same order. You'd think that after one such incident and having to scroll through hundreds of shit PES flag packs to get to the latest monthly games I would learn to keep my sub topped up, but nope - done it twice now.

It's mad that you still can't browse your library in any kind of order. 

On 17/08/2017 at 12:40, Rushy said:

99% of the time slow D/L speeds are due to the users setup.

As long as people use a decent ISP, a good router (not one from an ISP), use a wired connection and setup the correct port forwarding/DNS settings you should be able to maximise you're available bandwidth. I have no problem getting 75mb D/L all the time at home, and 100mb+ D/Ls from the office.

Eurogamer (I think, was a big site) have recently done an article about slow download speeds on PSN so while some people will have an issue there is defiantly a server side issue with PSN - when people like myself have a decent router, wired it and fully mapped ports and only get an issue on PSN then I’m inclined to think that PSN is at fault.

I have £600 for a PS4 Pro + games - what should I go for as definitive? Including downloads.

I would guess at for a minimum:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection (I've never played an Uncharted game...!)
  • Flower
  • The Witness
  • DOOM
  • Fallout 4
  • Bloodbourne

I would suspect I can get a few of these second hand now to cut down on costs.

However, what am I missing - any thoughts?

Just now, Dinobot said:

I have £600 for a PS4 Pro + games - what should I go for as definitive? Including downloads.

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection (I've never played an Uncharted game...!)
  • Flower
  • The Witness
  • DOOM
  • Fallout 4
  • Bloodbourne

Everybody golf you fool, scrap the rest! 

24 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Flower
  • The Witness
  • DOOM
  • Fallout 4
  • Bloodbourne

Do you have a PC or Xbox One? 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Do you have a PC or Xbox One? 

Nope. Well, I have an old work PC (which I will look to upgrade at some other time) - however this is very much going to be my new new console.

I aim to get the Xbox One X at the end of the year/next.

1 hour ago, Dinobot said:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Flower
  • The Witness
  • DOOM
  • Fallout 4 Yakuza 0
  • Bloodbourne

Though depending on your tastes, any number of other exclusives. Persona 5, Nioh, Nier Automata, Everybody's Golf, etc. But without Yak 0, there's really no point.

2 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Though depending on your tastes, any number of other exclusives. Persona 5, Nioh, Nier Automata, Everybody's Golf, etc. But without Yak 0, there's really no point.

I thought about Nioh and Nier - not my bag.

Everybody's golf is a perfect choice, good work guys.

Tell me about this Yak 0 - is it super next gen shiny balls out good? What makes it super great?

1 hour ago, Dinobot said:

Nope. Well, I have an old work PC (which I will look to upgrade at some other time) - however this is very much going to be my new new console.

I aim to get the Xbox One X at the end of the year/next.

OK, I'll stick to PS4 exclusives for now then, mainly, but a few must have multi platforms too. 

These are my essentials:-

SOMA

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Bloodborne

The Last Guardian

No Man's Sky (although I should warn you, it's a bit buggy, still, but great)

Driveclub

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

The Last of Us Remastered

Rocket League

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

Dark Souls III

Alien Isolation

The Witness

Actually there's quite a few of those on other systems now, but all good.

Seems that now is a good time to buy a lot of games. I.e. doom 4 is £10.

I've noticed some special editions or seasons passes aren't worth jack. I.e. doom and bloodborne?

Anything I should look to pick up or avoid to save £££?

Does anyone know what audio settings I need to use to get 5.1 audio output from my PS4 pro over HDMI going through a Denon AVR‑X2300W A/V receiver when using the Netflix app? Speech doesn't seem to come from the center channel.

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Get the GOTY edition for Bloodborne, also if you like Bloodborne then you HAVE to do Dark Souls 3 it's as good or better.

The internet seems to maybe say that all the DLC is unlocked for free now with even the standard Bloodborne? Or is that wrong...