IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Just for Pockets: I got my amazon email confirming mine will turn up on launch day. Like everyone else I have a huge PS+ fuelled pile of shame and still haven't played The Last of Us, and will play GTA V and Beyond: Two Souls, and only really fancy Killzone of the launch titles, but guess what? I don't care!

New console ahoy!

The moment either console has a game I must have that is exclusive/notably superior to the PC/last-gen versions, that's the moment I'll jump.

Battlefield 4 with 64 player MP running at 60fps is enough reason for me. It looks bloody awesome.

Battlefield 4 with 64 player MP running at 60fps is enough reason for me. It looks bloody awesome.

Fair enough (if we're ignoring PC), but for the bit where I don't play online shooters. I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons to buy a console at launch, just that for me I have no reason to dive in right now - I didn't like the suggestion that anyone not buying one is doing so because they're being contrary/kill joys and are spiting themselves.

Fair enough (if we're ignoring PC), but for the bit where I don't play online shooters. I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons to buy a console at launch, just that for me I have no reason to dive in right now - I didn't like the suggestion that anyone not buying one is doing so because they're being contrary/kill joys and are spiting themselves.

Yeah, some people are being very silly.

I bloody love videogames. I have no interest in a owning a PS4 any time soon, though.

No, that's totally understandable. For me though I play a lot of shooters, and having played a load of Bad Company 2 and BF3 that smooth 60fps framerate and big 64 player battles is an absolute godsend. If BF4 and COD weren't out this year I'd probably hold off upgrading to be honest.

I read this sentence in the voice of your avatar. Had to substitute bloody though, too British.

:D Sergeant Mac might be more appropriate for how I'm feeling: "I'm gonna have me some fun. I'm gonna have me some fun."

I have gotten over any disappointment at the launch games now. Reading the various posts I am now firmly in the camp that the original new IP and experiences I want in gaming will arrive in 2014. Like most of you have said I am buying a console for many years of gaming not just for the launch games.

Hopefully I can swap out the console pre-order for a Watch_Dogs bundle set & I may also pick up either DriveClub or Knack.

No holidays left to take for this year so I will make sure I am

"working from home"

on release day :)

SCEI have a press conference on the 9th which will will probably be the start of the Japanese build up with TGS being a continuation.

It's pretty obvious they won't be getting it this year, there haven't been any mention of a timeframe and Sony announced their release plans for the year last night with all of Asia missing. I can see them getting it in march, but with lineup more inclusive of Japanese games rather than what is largely a dudebro fest right now for retail.

Sony are going all out in the west, adding Asia would be a step too far logistically. Look at the supply issues had by 360 trying to do that.

If Japan get relegated to Tier 2 (behind even South America of all places!), even by one of their own, it really will be a sign of the times. There was an Edge news article ages ago which mentioned that Japanese press/gamers were a bit pissed at Sony for neglecting the homeland, even mentioned that people don't consider Sony to be a Japanese company anymore.

When even Nintendo has more Western support than Japanese support for the Wii U, maybe it doesn't matter when anybody launches in Japan now, results are unlikely to be great either way.

Console launches are ludicrously exciting. A new box under the TV, a new controller, a new UI with new features and shiny graphics. Adding people from various RLLMUK friends lists and playing online games with them, all in it together experiencing this new hardware for the first time :wub:

Can't wait.