IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

So ShopTo have told me that all their PS4 bundles right now are guaranteed on release day. Yet when you click pre-order, some (not all of them) have a big disclaimer from Sony saying if my pre-order was placed after 6/8/13 that its not guaranteed I'll get one on day one.

Can anyone else shed any light on what's up with that? Hopefully ShopTo can clear it up tomorrow.

I've decided I'll go for the £493 PS4+KZ+BF4+WD bundle if it turns out in my favour.

Edit: Too late. Their site states a guarantee that the PS4+Killzone bundle will be day1. Pre-ordered that and will grab BF4 and WatchDogs separately from GAME or something. Woo, roll on 29 November!

Aye, it depends what you're into. Sabreman, for example, holds up Geometry Wars 2 as his game of the generation (or at least, he did for a few years - dunno if he's suddenly changed his mind in the past few months, but it's doubtful). So presumably he'd have bought a 360 even if that was the only title ever released for it.

NB Personally, I don't think Resogun looks a patch of GW2, fancy particle effects notwithstanding. I guess I just like the glow of the old vectors, myself - it's kind of romantic, both futuristic and retro at the same time. And I think GW's format lends itself to more subtlety than the side-scrolling stuff, but that's just a personal thing about the way you manipulate play areas.

Oddly enough Resogun is that as well, but with cubes instead of vectors. It's Minecraft's aesthetic taken to the extreme.

It is known that people buy arcade pcb's of nifty 2D shooters and pay far more than what a PS4 is worth! So in the words of Tom Jones, its not unusual.

I doubt many shmups nuts would get a PS4 for something like Resogun. An exclusive new CAVE shmup on the other hand.

So ShopTo have told me that all their PS4 bundles right now are guaranteed on release day. Yet when you click pre-order, some (not all of them) have a big disclaimer from Sony saying if my pre-order was placed after 6/8/13 that its not guaranteed I'll get one on day one.

Can anyone else shed any light on what's up with that? Hopefully ShopTo can clear it up tomorrow.

I've decided I'll go for the £493 PS4+KZ+BF4+WD bundle if it turns out in my favour.

Edit: Too late. Their site states a guarantee that the PS4+Killzone bundle will be day1. Pre-ordered that and will grab BF4 and WatchDogs separately from GAME or something. Woo, roll on 29 November!

Where is the guarantee on the site?

Where is the guarantee on the site?

On certain PS4 bundles. Specifically the Killzone one (linked below) and the Fifa14+Watch Dogs one.

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4HW27-ps4-console-inc-killzone-shadow-fall

Step 3 on that page. It doesn't say it on all of them but ShopTo got back to me about half an hour ago and said it's true for all their PS4 bundles. I'm still sceptical but regardless, I'm sticking with the KZ only bundle as it gives me time to see what the reviews say about Watch Dogs.

Just went for the £429 mega bundle from Amazon to replace my bog standard pre-order (Killzone, 2 pads, camera). It's only like, £35/40 more than the separate Killzone and PS4 pre-orders I had, and while the camera might be to the PS4 what 3G was to the Vita, it's a good deal getting an extra pad chucked in too.

Dammit, accidental neg, soz Moz. That advert is great.

Don't worry about it!

Yeah, it's a great advert. I hope there's a longer version somewhere. Sony just can't put a foot wrong at the moment. I'm still waiting for their "and pledge allegiance to the Nazi party" clause in the T&Cs or something.

I doubt many shmups nuts would get a PS4 for something like Resogun. An exclusive new CAVE shmup on the other hand.

That was not what I meant. I was talking about people will pay £350+ just for one game (PCB's for example) so for a console it is good value I think if you put it into that context and some people will buy a new console based jus on the release of one game.

Pre-order cancelled. Just seems mad when

A) I'm a bit skint until early next year

B) The only real exclusive I want to play is Killzone and I can wait for it (and pick up the vita game in the meantime). Everything else is on current gen.

The bloke in Game was shocked. I'll pick one up in the new year.

Pre-order cancelled. Just seems mad when

A) I'm a bit skint until early next year

B) The only real exclusive I want to play is Killzone and I can wait for it (and pick up the vita game in the meantime). Everything else is on current gen.

The bloke in Game was shocked. I'll pick one up in the new year.

If you can't afford it then thats fair enough I think, its not a must have on launch for the games really. The only exclusive I'm looking forward to at launch is Driveclub but I can't bare the thought of everyone having a new shiny console and me not! Especially as I'd get one sooner or later. Might as well have it on launch like a giddy little kid at christmas :)

I thought this was the first PS4 tv commercial !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89qeshhZ4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's a Taco Bell thing. The first ad was this:

If you're wondering why that ad is so great, watch this:

I don't think they could push "we're all about the games" any harder if they tried :)

The funny thing is, IGN missed loads of references too. If you read the comments there are more references in there. I can't even imagine how long it took to put together.