PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

God no, the last place I would want to be at 12AM is the Prospect Centre, or is the smaller one In the far nicer St Stephens opening at midnight as well?

Even worse though, we have to queue up outside the centre. Been to a few midnight launches there though, they haven't been bad so far

When compared to the Steam app it's poor but for a first stab it is ok for now. I am sure it will be improved over time.

Yeah, agreed. It's way easier to add friends on the mobile app than it is to do it on the PS3/PS4, typing that shit in with the controller.

Nope, it isn't.

The "what's new" section is in-app, the friends section is in-app, the settings section is in-app, the trophies section is in-app, the profile section is in-app. All the notifications are in-app. Whenever there's a video or a screenshot shared, they display in-app. The store button redirects to the mobile version of the SEN store, which works fine. Because why have two front-ends for the same store on the same device?

It most certainly is. When you click on anything it opens up the "Complete action using" dialogue and offers a choice of web browsers. (This is on Android by the way, no doubt it is indeed a proper app on iOS).

It most certainly is. When you click on anything it opens up the "Complete action using" dialogue and offers a choice of web browsers. (This is on Android by the way, no doubt it is indeed a proper app on iOS).

The Android version seems to be working fine for me, from what I can see only clicking Store takes me out of the app itself. (Sony Xperia Z, in case that's relevant)

-New Toslink switch because I've ran out of inputs ... check

-New HDMI switch because I've ran out of inputs ... check

-Extra cables for both switches ... check

-1TB Hybrid HDD ... check

I will install the PS4 500GB HDD on the PS3, and the PS3 250GB HDD on an USB adaptor, and maybe connect it to the Wii U

post-940-0-35735600-1385549476.jpg

When it sends you to the website, have you tried logging in and going back to the app?

I bet this is the problem, if you're not signed in it directs you to the website to log in through the PS Store portal, because that's how you sign in.

After it's linked up to the website it just immediately switches back to the app anyway. Click on something, same process over and over.

EDIT - hmmmm, after bouncing between the website and the app four or five times it's now trying to open things in-app... it's not succeeded yet but it is at least moving in the right direction now.

ShopTo (from experience) tend to mark things as shipped before they've actually been shipped, which is a little bit cheeky in a way.

Yeah, they consider "shipped" to mean "In the pile for the DPD guy to pick up" rather than "The DPD guy has picked it up from the pile".

Prepay day @ GAME for me - so close, basically tomorrow night, hype rising.

Really looking forward to comparing BF4 to the XB1 version i've been playing a lot of - the Xbox version is stunning I can't imagine seeing it looking better.

I still think Killzone will be the first game I play, even with the so so reviews i'm really pumped to play it.

I heard the GAME in Hull was closing down on November 28th to make way for an art gallery because video games aren't "culture" enough, so they cancelled all their pre-orders and no one in Hull is allowed to buy one?

Video game composer legend Rob Hubbard is from Hull, just to add to the already vast culture we already have here. :)

GAME online have consoles in stock for day 1 release. You obviously have to go down the bundle route. Console, two controllers, camera, and six games (CoD, FIFA, NFS, Battlefield, ACIV and Killzone) for £655. Not ridiculous if you break it down into the cost of the separate items. You are obviously going to end up with a few games you don't want though.

I still think Killzone will be the first game I play, even with the so so reviews i'm really pumped to play it.

Yeah me too. Sounds like the game starts off well before suffering from a dip. The first few hours should be a good way to start next gen proceedings.

Guys help me out here, cos I'm, like, schvitzing.

My order status says "pre-ordered", and underneath that it says "your order is due to be delivered on the 29th. Before then, most likely on the 28th, it will go to 'processing' and then shortly after that to 'shipped'. Everything is in hand, don't worry. This is exactly what is meant to happen. Nothing bad is happening. You will get your PlayStation. It's coming when we said it would."

It's been like this for days. WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN, HAVE I LOST MY PREORDER?

Man, people are stressing in here! Its only Wednesday, plenty of time for order tracking numbers and the like. I wouldn't really expect those until tomorrow afternoon.

In terms of my saga with Shopto, my order was restored but despite saying on Monday that I would be billed within 24 hours they still hadn't done anything as of this morning.

Managed to get through on the phone and everything is now billed. They are still saying it will be fine for delivery on Friday so fingers crossed they are true to their word.

Im sure you guys with processing emails will be fine if mine has only just been charged today and they are still saying delivery for Friday is cool. Don't sweat it 8)