IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

The one thing I'm learning from this thread is that PS4 fans are a lot less capable of dealing with pre-orders than Bone fans. Chill out.

There are about 10x as many people buying a PS4 at launch, therefore more people unable to deal with postage drama fretting in the thread.

I'm getting mine from a shop, whee.

Going to have to stop checking my Amazon order status on my phone as I'm worried that my fat fingers will hit the cancel button by mistake.

Sorry I have ran out of +1's for today but that made me LOL.

Gah... I've got so much still to play on PS3 but it's just going to have to be retired when the 4 arrives. There just isn't enough space, power, hdmi sockets or network ports available for both.

I've got stacks to play on the PS3/360 just hope the AWESOME PS4 graphics do not put me off going back to play the previous gen games. I'm a graphics wh0r3 which is why I'm playing Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag on the PS4 & not the 360/PS3 even though the game is cheaper to buy on the 360/PS3. I want my water ripples effects & extra foliage !!

So just spoke to my local Asda. They say they've got a fair bit of stock in for the first come first served tomorrow night. I might head down there about 9pm or something just to have a looksee. If there's a huge queue, I'll not bother, but, ya know, if it's small... I may just hang around, read a book and see if I can get one.

The most horrific possibility I can imagine this Friday is missing the delivery guy due to negligence.

That way you wouldn't even have the closure on whether or not the console was bricked for another 24 hours. This is a serious risk for me as in our flat block, the buzzer for our apartment is broken. It's really faint.

Can anyone offer any tips on not missing delivery guys?

The most horrific possibility I can imagine this Friday is missing the delivery guy due to negligence.

That way you wouldn't even have the closure on whether or not the console was bricked for another 24 hours. This is a serious risk for me as in our flat block, the buzzer for our apartment is broken. It's really faint.

Tent outside the block?

So just spoke to my local Asda. They say they've got a fair bit of stock in for the first come first served tomorrow night. I might head down there about 9pm or something just to have a looksee. If there's a huge queue, I'll not bother, but, ya know, if it's small... I may just hang around, read a book and see if I can get one.

Take a blanket & a thermoflask

Set up an elaborate trap so that when someone walks towards the building, they activate a trip-wire and are gathered into a huge net which had been cunningly disguised by a covering of fallen leaves. His shouting for help should alert you to his presence.