PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Yeah the quality of the speaker is excellent.

I'm worried that mine is louder than it should be now.

Maybe I'll just turn the TV up!

Mine was really loud but playing Killzone last night and finding an audio log the volume was pretty low. I couldn't hear it over the ambient effects in the game and checking what volume it was confirmed it was at full volume.

It was strange and I will have to see if I can replicate it today.

Using the supplied mic and earbud and it happens when I'm the party and when my brother is. He doesn't get it at all which is why I thought something was up at my end.

Yeah, it's pretty common unfortunately. Hopefully it can be patched.

Easy resolution though, start the party. ;)

2K14 really is a much shorter way of writing 2014, isn't it.

2K are the developers, when I noticed I was all like sudcla.gif

Mine was really loud but playing Killzone last night and finding an audio log the volume was pretty low. I couldn't hear it over the ambient effects in the game and checking what volume it was confirmed it was at full volume.

It was strange and I will have to see if I can replicate it today.

I should have made it clearer but I was talking about the speaker being good quality and THEN the fan in my PS4 being too loud.

I'm sure Soong is talking about the fan noise from the PS4 rather than the controller speaker.

Edit: as above

Edited by tbb

I should have made it clearer but I was talking about the speaker being good quality and THEN the fan in my PS4 being too loud.

Haha, oh!

Well, erm, now you can turn your speaker up to drown out the fan!

(As an aside, my fan is almost silent. Like, I can barely hear it from 3-4 ft away!)

Where's the best place to get a second pad? I'm not paying £60 for a pad that will get used once in a blue moon. Such a shame you can't use the DS3 on it.

http://www.thehut.com/ps4-accessories/sony-playstation-4-dualshock-4-controller/10818060.html

£48.99 & if you can get a 10% code even cheaper. Checked my inbox I don't currently have any.

finally got my PS4 today!

a summary of my story:

- ordered from argos early Friday morning after leaving midnight launch empty-handed

- it was supposed to be delivered Saturday - I stayed in all day Saturday narking my GF off a treat - only for it not to come

- calls to Argos and Yodel the courier reveal it hadn't even left Argos warehouse and that was the case this morning as well

- first thing this morning at work, a super awesome colleague let me know that HMV down the road, had some free stock!

- and I was there like a bloody greyhound, getting my console and ordering a refund from argos

PS4 GET

2K are the developers, when I noticed I was all like sudcla.gif

That's not why it's 2k, the developers, Visual Concepts have been using the 2k name since, well 2k and they were fully owned by Sega back then.

I'm sure it's convenient for 2k to keep the naming convention now they own them though.

Has anyone replaced the hard drive on their PS4, and if so is it as easy as it looks? I was thinking of buying a 2.5” SSD and just popping it in as soon as I buy the console (not literally, I’ll probably wait until I get home), and the online instructions make it look like a piece of piss.

Has anyone replaced the hard drive on their PS4, and if so is it as easy as it looks? I was thinking of buying a 2.5” SSD and just popping it in as soon as I buy the console (not literally, I’ll probably wait until I get home), and the online instructions make it look like a piece of piss.

Not done it but spoken to people who have and they said it was very easy. 5 minutes if you have a bit of confidence.

I haven't done it but on two previous PS3s I upgraded it was a complete piece of piss- one screw to release the drive caddy, unscrewed the drive from the caddy, screwed the new one in, loaded it back into the machine and away I go. On the PS4 I'd be careful taking off and putting on the cover for the HDD bay as it's a bit stiff.

It is, especially if the console is new and has never been turned on.

Not sure if an SSD is worth it though, I'd go for one of those hybrid SSD/HD drives myself or just the biggest traditional HD I can find for an acceptable price (compared to the console).

It is, especially if the console is new and has never been turned on.

Not sure if an SSD is worth it though, I'd go for one of those hybrid SSD/HD drives myself or just the biggest traditional HD I can find for an acceptable price (compared to the console).

Looking at SSD prices, I seem to have massively underestimated how much a 1TB SSD would cost. Will probably hang on until they come down in price.

Looking at SSD prices, I seem to have massively underestimated how much a 1TB SSD would cost. Will probably hang on until they come down in price.

You don't really want an SSD any way. Too much cost for not enough speed. You want a Hybrid drive, which look like 1TB for less than £100. Not that I'm saying it's necessarily the best move - tech always gets cheaper of course.

Right you feckers.

Who's playing Battlefield 4 tonight? We need at least five to make a squad. So far we've got two. Cackhanded simpletons are welcome (and to be honest, you'll fit in). Preferably people who will use voice comms.

Right you feckers.

Who's playing Battlefield 4 tonight? We need at least five to make a squad. So far we've got two. Cackhanded simpletons are welcome (and to be honest, you'll fit in). Preferably people who will use voice comms.

What time will you be on? For the record I am both a simpleton and cackhanded so should fit in perfectly. (If by fit in you mean wander aimlessly in a circle whilst throwing grenades at myself and team mates.)

Can't trade Killzone as it has no barcode :(

My mates is like that as far as I can see. He ordered the camera etc pack and Killzone came with 'bundle copy' on it. I ordered the console only Killzone pack and mine is a steelbook. Never checked if mine had a barcode as well to be honest.

Right you feckers.

If you tell me a time and it's after 2000 I would love too.

Totally new to it and would love some guidance and help in a squad. :)