PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

A switch allows multiple inputs (360, PS4, PS3) to be directed to one output (your TV).

Whereas a splitter allows 1 input (blu-ray player) to several outputs (two TVs).

Ah, I see, that make sense. The Neet one I linked to is definitely a switch then.

I have to say english bob needs a pair.... of glasses. Although I'm not a great fan of the actual game, Killzone looks stunningly gorgeous and zips along. I've also just started Trine 2 (which to be fair probably looks gorgeous on anything) and that has completely blown my eyes out.

Just seen this pop up on my Twitter feed. Works out about £25 right? This could be the kick start needed for digital content on the consoles.

Yeah, I picked up Lego Marvel for that price during Euro launch week. Even without real competition we've seen download prices drop in the Amazon store, so I hope it opens the door for others to offer PS digital.

Mental price!

I know this has been covered loads already, so sorry, but how does an american account work?

Like, if I bought a game from the US store on my US account. Would I then have to switch between my UK and US accounts depending on where I'd bought the game from?

Not sure what the difference is between a switch and a splitter is but the Neet one is actually called a Switch, it has a button on it to switch between ports, has a remote that will let you switch between ports, and will also do auto-switching. I have one and it works great. I use it will PS4, Wii U, 360, and a Sony blu-ray player.

I have a Neet one as well but it doesn't like the PS4 at all. Just flashes red and won't show a signal. Maybe it's updated now though.

Don't buy NBA2K guys. They patched bullshit transactions into it.

Yep and an always online requirement as well.

Don't buy NBA2K guys. They patched bullshit transactions into it.

I've seen this mentioned and I posted in the micro-transactions thread, but they weren't patched in were they? They were there from the beginning unless I'm missing something?

NBA is pretty much all I've since getting it at launch and I've not noticed anything added after the patch unless its a very recent thing as I haven't been on in the last couple of days.

Mr_Woo you can play it offline. You just don't get all the options. NBA Today (Online) and MyTeam (online) are the ones that become unavailable when offline.

Just to clarify, the micro-transactions are worrying, I'm not defending that. I just think it was there from the beginning!

excellent news. I wonder if Sony knew this would happen, i.e Amazon coming up with offers and prices that Sony would be obliged compete with thus allowing them to turn round to the publishers and say "Capitalism!" In which case, nice work Sony. nice work.

Amazon coming up with offers and prices that Sony would be obliged compete with thus allowing them to turn round to the publishers and say "Capitalism, ho!"

I hope the UK site will be equally as aggressive as the US site, haven't seemed to quite match them on the digital PC game front so far.

Just finished BF4 and it really shows off the PS4. Although I have had two errors when playing that crashed out of the game and a weird thing right at the end of the game. Whist your team are hanging under the bridge I paused the game by pressing the PS button on the controller. When I came back in and resumed it the credits were rolling and I missed the choice you have to make. I did just Youtube it but it seemed very strange.

I've got a PS4 waiting at home for me. It's going to get put away until Christmas, but what diagnostics do I have to do to make sure I haven't got a dud? Just fire it up and try a disc for a bit? Should I play Assassin's Creed for a few hours to make sure it's not prone to overheating?

I've got a PS4 waiting at home for me. It's going to get put away until Christmas, but what diagnostics do I have to do to make sure I haven't got a dud? Just fire it up and try a disc for a bit? Should I play Assassin's Creed for a few hours to make sure it's not prone to overheating?

Yeah, set it up. Marvel at the super speedy update, try a disc and add some friends. Pick up Resogun.

So this US account thing is so effing confusing. Here is the scenario that many of us will be in...

I have a UK PS4 and a UK PSN account.

If I setup a US PSN account, log into it and buy a US game with my UK credit card (with a us billing address) I can clearly then play it on my US account.

Can I also play it on my UK PSN account after that? Are there any limitations on using that title with my UK account? Or would I have to keep switching?

I've bought PSN credit on US Amazon with a Dutch credit card using a fake US address. Not sure if you can link a non US credit card directly to the US PSN (just try, no harm done).

Other than that you can play any region game with any account, no need to switch. Only thing I found is that you have to start the game once with the account you bought it with (to activate probably).

The current Euro to Dollar exchange rate makes it very interesting, even with the absurdly high retail prices, let alone the digital Amazon deals.