PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Hmmm... Amazon guy just tried to send me out an xbox 360 controller. And now I've been told by the Amazon guy to take it back to Sony. He said "Do Sony expect Amazon to fix this?!" And I've been put on hold again. It seems like neither Sony nor Amazon think it's their responsibility. Amazon are claiming it's defective, Sony think it's accidental damage.

Simple one this... In this situation...

If you purchase something and it is faulty it is the retailers responsibility to remedy the situation. That is the law under sale of goods act

It is NOT your responsibility to deal with Sony it is amazons ... I had this recently with an 11 month old printer and retailer said contact manufacturer , I said "it's your responsibility, are you telling me you don't comply with sale of goods act?" And they climbed down and dealt with it

Note that that could mean they take back item and deal with manufacturer (it did in my case) but you don't end up as piggy in the middle

Amazon have to sort it, not you! It is a common misconception

From psn:

Digital Only

1. Buy or pre-order* the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
  2. In PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts which have purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from PlayStation Store.
  3. Buy or pre-order** the PS4 digital version of the game at the discounted price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

CEX will give me £35 cash for my physical copy of BF4. Man am I tempted to buy this digitally and sell my current copy on.

I know this isn't an ideal solution, but I cycle between pads for this very reason. Means that I can pick up the other pad when one runs out and put the dead one on the charging stand. No wires, no fuss, but certainly not the cheap option.

It's pretty seamless too, I thought you'd have to save your game, log out, or go into conroller settings, etc....but it just asks you who has picked the controller up, you press x, and away you go.

So I caved in and bought FIFA 14. I'm so confused. FUT, what's going on with that? Got a bunch of randoms on the screen, I just click advance a few times, play a game with them, lose, never score.......basically wtf is going on!? Is there an idiots guide to both the FUT and how to play the game itself. Certainly have come a long way since Kick Off!

As if by magic...someone asked the same question in the Football League Online folder, where we've been chatting about UT. The link below is to Timmo's handy beginners guide post, come and join in the chat if you have any q's, man.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/275335-ultimate-team/?p=9626329

I have the disc version of BF4 with all the latest updates and Premium. Any ideas if I'd have problems if i got the download version?

What am I saying?! Its BF4! It'll probably burn my house down.

Naw but seriously, should i expect any problems?

So now just the few small issues to address, do i open it before xmas to test it or just risk it being ok, and which ssd out of these ones do i go for. PCW list 2x samsung 500gbs for different prices and theyre both the EVO basic ones, that'd be the one if i knew why one was cheaper.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-components-upgrades/internal-hard-drives/solid-state-drives/715_7553_70705_43_xx/xx-criteria.html

It doesn't seem worth the cost to replace a 500gb drive with a moderately faster drive with the same capacity.

The new gen has driven people a bit crazy. We've also gone from people searching for the best deal to save £1 off a game to people paying loads extra for a digital version (also losing resale value) "so I don't have to change the disc".

Yeah, almost all sites are saying 1tb hybrid drives are the most cost effective way of improving performance with a new HDD.

I chose not to upgrade now for the following reasons...

1. Unless you get every game you are unlikely to run out of HD space for the first 12 months by which time drives will be cheaper.

2. I have 5 full retail games and 5 others and I have not been bothered by the loading times once with the stock drive. At the moment, regardless of space I don't consider it to be a problem that needs fixing.

Each to their own etc.

I definitely dont want a hybrid, moneys no issue here really considering i'll use it for an entire gen. The resogun load times are literally halved on an ssd, and im sure it'll have a decent effect on streaming in games too, maybe less pop up.

Does anyone know if I can buy Resogun for free through PlayStation Plus without having PS4? I'll be getting one in the future and want to get Resogun to download later while it is still free. I only seem to get a greyed out download to PS4 box, rather than the usual add to basket box.

I definitely dont want a hybrid, moneys no issue here really considering i'll use it for an entire gen. The resogun load times are literally halved on an ssd, and im sure it'll have a decent effect on streaming in games too, maybe less pop up.

There is having some spare cash and there is being an idiot. I propose that if you buy a 500gb SSD for £250 that you are an idiot. Thats over double the price of a Hybrid that is twice the size, and in many tests almost as fast as the SSD.

Resogun is only one game, and the times aren't actually "literally halved" as you say. If anything it's one game that performs pretty much equally across the three drive types. (stock, the most common hybrid drive and the Evo SSD)

I don't understand this "definitely don't want a hybrid drive" mentality. You don't want the best value for your money? I can just picture you with your eyes closed and fingers in your ears going "lalala can't hear you" as you try to justify to yourself buying a SSD because they are amazingly fast on a pc. The PS4 isn't a PC, and doesn't get anywhere near the benefit, largely because of the SATA controller holding the PS4 back. Again.

It's your money, but there is an old saying about a fool and his money being easily parted.