PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

That's crazy. I almost said that there's no way the feature would be included if it was particularly significant, LEDs are pretty efficient etc. But I am wrong.

Still, nice to know my controllers will have double the battery life when it inevitably gets patched.

He's not joking. Not really. The real world premise is that you're guy working for Abstergo Entertainment, going into the animus to research the pirate era for their new Animus Entertainment experience. Some of the profiles you can read are littered with dev notes that are clear nods to and piss-takes of dev notes used when producing the previous games. The real world stuff in AC IV is actually pretty decent, and is brief enough to not be intrusive.

Ah, cheers. I'm going to remember that line for some other game though.

So I bought a digital BF4 last night around 9pm. Just over 25 hours later and on the main menu it says campaign 100% and full game only 27% what's that all about?

On the notifications the 35gb had downloaded!

So I dig a little deeper and in the system storage part in the settings. Under BF4 it shows only 9gb of 34gb downloading and verrrrryyy slowly. I'm talking 1mb every 4/5secs.

I'm not sure why it's downloading another 34gb unless I'm missing summit?!

A bit frustrating that I couldn't play MP tonight, I tried half a level of campaign before it crashed on me.

Is there a guide to making a us account anywhere? Secondly is need for speed cheaper on the us store?

1a. Create US PSN account

1b. Buy US PSN credit on US Amazon with fake US address details

2. Yes, everything is due to the exchange rate.

Is there a guide to making a us account anywhere? Secondly is need for speed cheaper on the us store?

1a. Create US PSN account

1b. Buy US PSN credit on US Amazon with fake US address details

2. Yes, everything is due to the exchange rate.

Set US PSN to Alaska address, skip card details.

Sign into US Amazon with UK account and change billing address at purchasing stage to US address. Buy PSN credit, redeem code on PS4 and you have dollars for games.

Much cheaper games yes.

Big props to Mitchell for telling me about it.

I might be reading the store wrong...but it looks like Killzone: Shadowfall is free for PS+ members at the moment!

Also wtf is the Warframe add-on that costs over a hundred quid??

On Killzone - it's free to download ahead of the free weekend coming up, the weekend after Christmas. Part of the compensation for DriveClub's delay, if I recall correctly. It can't be played right now.

Killzone seems to be downloading now but I think what your saying is that it'll activate later. It's then free for as long as you subscribe like all other PS+ almost-freebies.

Free Killzone! Off to part-trade my disc copy for AC4 first thing tomorrow. :)

Edit: It's the full game, single-player and multiplayer btw.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/19/ps-plus-members-try-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-for-free-28th-31st-december/

"NOTE: PS Plus members who dont own Killzone Shadow Fall but opt to pre-load and participate in the multiplayer open weekend will also end up downloading single-player content as well (although multiplayer can be prioritised in order to complete first). Please be aware that while this single-player content will be automatically downloaded, it will NOT be unlocked during this open weekend"

Sony are doing the lazy thing and just making you download the entire thing for the multiplayer trial because they cannot be bothered to create a separate package.

Is the store lying? If it is then I won't get rid of my Killzone disc. "Select which mode you'd like to play - Single Player/Multiplayer" and "It's yours to keep until your subscription ends" seems pretty unambiguous though. Unless it just lets you play a demo, or the single-player while it's downloading before restricting access, but that's not what it's saying.

I went through all of that, and it's not all clear. But it's wishful thinking to believe you're getting the game out of it.

Here's what I downloaded:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/killzone-shadow-fall-open-weekend/cid=EP9000-CUSA00008_00-KZ4RELEASEOPENWE

...which, however similar it might be underneath, is a distinct product from:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/killzone-shadow-fall/cid=EP9000-CUSA00008_00-KZ4RELEASE000041

Don't get me wrong, I wish you were right, but I can't see it.