It's Another Gitaroo Man Thread...

Jumble Jumble

I thought I would literally never get past the shark defense. But tonight, I did it, and then went on to finish the game! Turns out the shark is the hardest bit.

The music really is astounding - the legendary theme - wow.

Anyway, shouldn't think I'll be trying Master Play any time soon, but I'll definitely be redoing some of the levels (the acoustic one and the arena fight beckon...)

The hardest game I've ever played (I'm not very hardcore) - and I managed it. Fucking BOSH!

Do it on Master mode!!!!

Get to the shark level!

Cry like a baby!!

:)

You can get to the shark level! :o

I'm still trying to past the 1st! Only had a few trys mind you, so i reckon i can do it but then everyone says that level 2 is where they give up in Master mode.

You don't need the analogue stick for defence. :)

gah, technicalities. :o

What I really wanted to say was, "so what, so can I." :(

Actually, i'm pretty sure using more than one finger on the buttons would confuse the hell out of me. I hear Master Mode is impossible without doing so though. I can't do level 2 of Master Mode, so it's probably true.

I managed to finish the game on my first attempt, funnily enough although the shark was manic I manged it on my first go, but just with a B rank. The ones i needed to try mulitple times was the bone trio - about 3 times, and the final battle, which I though was the hardest - again about 3 goes to nail it.

Did ok on the first level in master mode, but whilst I thought I was doing ok on the 2nd level - just missing a few things, it was suddenly game over. Wow, you really don't get much leeway on that do you.

Will go back to master, but have decided to finish normal mode with all A ranks first. Stages 1-7 : A, 8 and 9 : B, and 10 : C

The best advice I can give for master mode is:

LEARN THE 2-FINGER TECHNIQUE!

Index on cross, middle on circle. Makes hitting the quick notes on attack much easier (it was AGES before I realised you can press ANY button, not just circle!)

I for one, cannot get past the shark level, but a mate of mine is an absolute DEMON at the game.. try and do the last stage (you know, the very manga-flying-through-the-air one) on master mode. Shit me, I've never felt like crying because I couldnt 'do' a game. Except with Guitaroo Man. Thats why its the best evaaa!

Never could seem to get past Mojo King Bee on Master Mode. Level 2 was already a three month struggle so I doubt I stand much of a chance.

Deffo the best music game I've played. Great tunes, lots of challenge and charming characterisation.

• 1 year later...

Had to resurrect this thread.

Just played guitaroo man for the first time and it's amazing! definitely the best rythmn action game by far, you can really use the song to guide you onto the notes.

The level where you woo the girl is brilliant, I thought I was going to fail from laughing too much, then the duet at the end, it was almost too much.

Oh and I completed the game on my first ever attempt after never having seen anyone play it before and skipping the tutorial B)

One of the best PS2 games out there. Too bad I can't get past Mojo King Bee on Master Mode.

Yeah, you need lightning fingers for that one. It's even harder than the Shark, so you'll be alright for a couple of levels if you manage to beat him.

Still haven't beaten the Sanbone Trio on Masters. I did go back and try another couple of times but I seem to be woefully inept at it these days. I think I had my 'roll' and moved on.

Mojo King Bee on Master made me his bitch. Tried every day for a couple of weeks. Now I just play the normal tunes for enjoyment.

It's one of those games I love to dig out every couple of months and play through from start to finish. I wish developers would make more short, high quality titles like this you'd want to go back to. Sod the 30 hour epics.

Beating mojo on masters was one of my most satisfying gaming moments ever. However, I just gave up at the shark. As others mentioned, theres no point even going back to it unless you've got loads of time to get as good as before.

Got this aaaages ago and got stuck on king bee

only last month i brought it into work to play at lunchtime to show my workmates how great it is

and one of them basically completes it king bee in one go and ben k defense in two :(

then the rest of the game that night

while i when i got it back struggled past king bee and ben k eventually

it feels like you have to slip "into the zone" for this game

though the accoustic level after ben k is magic!