It's Another Gitaroo Man Thread...

I completed GM on 'Normal' and was SOOOOO pleased with myself - but I simply never even tried 'Master' because I know it would annoy-the-hell out of me...

Weird thing about the shark level - someone suggested when I was stuck EONS ago - that sitting closer to the screen would help - and sure enough, first attempt ;)

Sanbone Trio is very nearly as bad as the shark in the intro tho - and I HATE the 'duelling robots' level as the music stinks :lol:

End of the day tho, GM, like Frequency (and NOT Amplitude) is a game you can play just for the sheer JOY of playing it and not for high scores or progress - you have to love it for that alone...

End of the day tho, GM, like Frequency (and NOT Amplitude) is a game you can play just for the sheer JOY of playing it and not for high scores or progress - you have to love it for that alone...

I play Amplitude over Frequency for the joy of it.

For one, the songs aren't as depressing, and the game doesn't feel as claustrophobic.

Pah, completing Normal mode on Gitarooman is just like a 'training' mode! Master mode is how the game is MEANT to be played :lol:

Back to school and learn some skills, n00bs ;)

(The 4th stage is definitley the hardest in the game on Master.. once done its plain sailing by comparison)

The last one is fine for me, until the very end - I still die frequently on the 'Final' phase of the track :lol: after ALL the practice, I just find that like 3 or 4 mistakes take your ENTIRE HEALTH BAR :lol:

But, oh so satisfying when done ;)

HAVE IT ZOWIE!

Still haven't beaten the Sanbone Trio on Masters.

Is there any way of doing this without randomly hitting X during attack? Because I'm finding that method isn't working out :lol:

Weird thing about the shark level - someone suggested when I was stuck EONS ago - that sitting closer to the screen would help - and sure enough, first attempt <_<

I found that focusing more on the music than the visual cues makes it easier - probably because it's all drum strikes which are generally straight forward to guess the timing of beforehand.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for giving this thread such an enormous bump, but I finished Master's Play mode yesterday and I feel like a massive fucking pimp. Never thought I would do it.

Mojo King Bee had fucked me over time and time again, but it seems that all the failure made me good. Once I got him, I waltzed through the rest on the same day. Took at most 5 or 6 tries to do each level, and did the last two at the first time of asking. Felt thorougly and utterly spent.

If anyone's still playing this, though, show some love for it. It's the first slightly offbeat (no pun intended) game I've completely and utterly hooked all my flatmates on. They can't fuckin' get enough of it.

I'm still loving it, but since my last post inhere some 3 years ago I haven't been back to Masters mode - not out of fear, but because I don't *need* to play it. I get Gitaroo on and I always play right the way through just for fun, much the same way I I chuck Space Channel 5 (1 or 2) in the DC every so often and whizz through it.

On the plus side, I manage to S rank lots of stages now, and never have to retry a stage, but on the negative side it's made me hate the DualShock 2 even more. My thumbs never seem to stay put, and it's easy to go off reference (you think you are pointing straght up, but you are off 15 degrees)

That said, still a wonderful must-have game. I can see myself playing this once a month for life.

I'm playing this right now on PSP, the remake Gitaroo Man Lives! which I received yesterday.

It's an awesome game, but pretty tough I guess. I'm stuck on Gregorio III right now, level 8. Goddamnit >_<

Can't get past the sharklevel on Master Mode. Probably never will. Still, this is one of the best rhythmactiongames ever. So here's my love:

:)

I can S rank that on Master mode. :lol:

Actually, I completed the entire game, Master mode included in the space of a week. Then I took it back, and later spent bloody ages looking for another copy. Luckily Amazon eventually got them back in stock, at a nice price.

I hate you.

Seriously, there is one bit where there's so much shit going on that my brains just switch off. And this from someone who S-ranked almost every Normal Mode level and the UFO level on Master Mode.

I really would love to play the Sanbone Trio and Gregorio levels on Master Mode, though...

The shark on master's is totally learnable. I sort of went into a trance while playing it, fingers all just dancing like I was a robot.

Sanbone Trio is fucking awesome fun on Master's, hard but somehow totally fair. Gregorio is clearly a nightmare, he throws some ridiculous shit at you, I did it on the second try but I reckon that was kind of a fluke. Mashed the hell out of the buttons on one of the insane bits and didn't lose too much life.

I really loved this the first time through and keep replaying the songs I like (of which there are about three) but I just can't be bothered with Master mode. It's one of those challenges that I know I could do if I wanted to, but I think there are more fun things I could do with the time. That said, I bet I go back to it later in life when, one by one, all the other gaming challenges I want to do are completed.

• 1 month later...

Got my own copy of this game for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

I feel so late to the party... but it's an absolute blinder of a rhythm game isn't it?

I completed single play and am now stuck on the disco UFO level on Master Play. I almost got it this evening, but skipped a couple of beats on the Final section*. My wrist felt like it was going to drop off so I gave it a rest.

Do most people play on Normal or Hard difficulty? (I am worried that I'm even more inept at this game than I think I am.)

"Yoooooooooou Loooooooose!!!"

God I wish I could play this with a controller where my thumb didn't slip off the stick and the face buttons had a more tactile switch. I completed it but never managed to really enjoy it because of the dual shock.

That's why I much prefer the PSP version. It's the one game I can think of that genuinely benefits from the analogue nub.

That's why I much prefer the PSP version. It's the one game I can think of that genuinely benefits from the analogue nub.

This. Its very hard to go back to the PS2 version of the game fater playing it on the ps2. Of course that point is a bit null and void also, since now I have ouendan 1 and 2, I don't seem to be playing Gitaroo Man as much. :(

Do most people play on Normal or Hard difficulty? (I am worried that I'm even more inept at this game than I think I am.)

"Yoooooooooou Loooooooose!!!"

I play it on hard difficulty these days, but when I first played it I thought I'd never get past the UFO level on normal mode. Having said that I think I've only ever done the final level about twice (if that) in Master's Play, I usually just have a quick blast on individual levels rather than trying to play through the whole thing.

I just can´t beat Ben-K on master play. I just can´t.

Pah. I could S Rank it on master mode after a week's play. B)

Actually, I completed the entire game in a week, master mode and all, then stupidly took it back under Game's ten day thing. It wasn't until a few months back when Amazon got some in cheap that I got it back.

• 1 year later...

I am being ruined by Master play, I can't get past stage 2.

What technique do you use to hit the face buttons in the battle stage?

My thumb is beginning to feel like even more of a bodily letdown than my penis right now.