rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Fondue

Online gaming: Castles of Burgundy

Hi folks.

In case you don't venture into the Agricola thread, Boite A Jeux (http://www.boiteajeux.net/) now has Castles of Burgundy on it. Fudge and I have already played a couple of games (it doesn't take that long once you've learned the rules) and I'd be happy to run an "interactive" session on line to teach new folk. I've only ever played the game 4 times but feel confident enough to teach it - it's really easy to pick up. I've a long way to go before I can say I've developed any kind of strategy, so I imagine I'll have my arse handed to me by newcomers!

If anyone fancies a game, let me know and we'll set up a session or two.

Nick

I'm always up for a game - name is mrkerblammo. As Nick says, it's easy to pick up - roll two dice and use them to perform a couple of different types of action. However it's not as luck based as that sounds and there are lots of different strategies you can go with. It's probably one of my favourite games.

I should've checked here first, but put this on the game's forum:

Andy - as well as the two dice, because you've now got 2 "silverlings" (aka the little silver nuggets) you can now buy a tile from the middle of the board (those 6 with a little black hexagon on). You don't have to buy them, of course, but the game won't proceed until you decide one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

I've decided, I bloody love this game - it seems to scratch a very particular itch, but I can't work out exactly why.

It could be the satisfaction in getting the tiles down just-so, the art of using tiles to do actions that would otherwise waste a die. Of spotting nice ways to mine a bunch of VPs.

I just now need to be more aware of the other players and stop them screwing me over (especially people who score an insane amount of points farming chickens....)

I just now need to be more aware of the other players and stop them screwing me over (especially people who score an insane amount of points farming chickens....)

I do love my chickens.