rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Fondue

Online gaming: Castles of Burgundy

Good game guys. Rematch?

I really want to try to be more strategic next time. Fudge - did you decide beforehand, or did you see what yellow tiles turned up? They seem to be the key to getting big scores. It was interesting to see you not even going for a single mine, but concentrating on shipping and selling.

I'm up for another one!

As for a strategy - I tend to concentrate on the animal tiles if I see some 3 or 4 animal tiles come up, especially if there's a few of them on the board at the start. Yellow tiles also play a part - I don't really tend to go for the bonus building ones, they never seem to pay out for me in my experience. The key ones to go for are the bonus for goods sold and the bonus for having different animal types - they pay out twice - once for the good sold/field placed, then again at the end of the game.

The building ones can work providing you get the yellow tile that allows you to build multiple of the same type in one town. Especially useful with the mansion or Carpenter

The building ones can work providing you get the yellow tile that allows you to build multiple of the same type in one town. Especially useful with the mansion or Carpenter

I've never considered that...

That yellow tile is normally one of my favourites - the game doesn't constrain you in many ways, but the 1 tile of each type maximum is a complete annoyance, and I like that I can remove it easily.

Right, I'm taking the plunge with this. Whats the difference between advance and classique?

With classic mode, everyone starts with the same board; in advanced, each player chooses a different board at the start. I'd recommend classic if you're just starting out, the advanced boards make a big difference to how the game pans out. IMHO naturally!

Yeah, apologies again to those folks who I started a game with. I've been very slow in taking my turns. In my defense, this month I have broken my heel, got an abscess in my tooth and started a new job, so I've been a little distracted.... We're close to the end now though!