IGNORED

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

I don't know what to think about this. I love driving games and a shiny new one sounds great, but I suck at them. All this team integration is going to make me feel like every single race I play I'm letting down all the people in my team by being shit, and I probably won't be able to enjoy it at all the way it's meant to be played.

That's what I want from a racing game. What I loved about the first GT games was that it made me feel like the car was mine, that I wasn't twiddling sliders (which I was) but actively involved in tweaking a car I'd spent a year tuning to perfection. I think this will give me that thrill back.

I'm pretty disappointed with this. I enjoyed the Motorstorm games, and they're being replaced with yet another po-faced "realistic" racer for people who like to ejaculate over hubcaps and windscreen washer knobs. I at least hoped for another arcade racer, there's few enough of them around these days.

not seen enough to form any kind of view but it will be have to be good if its moving into Forza/Grid/GT territory, in particular these guys will need to sort out the handling which for me was always a massive weakspot in the Motorsport games, was game ruining for me.

I'm pretty disappointed with this. I enjoyed the Motorstorm games, and they're being replaced with yet another po-faced "realistic" racer for people who like to ejaculate over hubcaps and windscreen washer knobs. I at least hoped for another arcade racer, there's few enough of them around these days.

Yeah, pretty much my own thoughts. Looked very dry to me.

Cost just as much to make but don't sell as well. Pity.

Problem is the last Motorstorm didn't do very well in terms of sales, in fact I might be wrong but I think they made a loss? The delay in release didn't help due to the Tsunami but I actually think it was the weaker game of the 3 in the end. I just didn't seem to enjoy it as much - sorry Rushy!

People often complain that we get sequel after sequel, least they're trying something new :)

Agreed, and +1.

I guess after the failures of last gen (Blur, Split Second) no-one wants to wrangle with Need for Speed and Burnout.

Thought it looked amazing. Love the club and challenge concepts, can see how this could just roll and roll.. plenty car nuts out there.

Me, I loved with a passion the Evolution WRC stuff (amazing tech!) - was far less fussed by the Motorstorm stuff, so nice to see them back at what they (I think) do best !!

Drove on that Glencoe road the other week, great scenery but a bit of a boring drive really. Be amusing to see Jimmy Saville's suspiciously remote holiday house rendered in full HD on the roadside though, bit further up on the left than that vid goes.

I'm not allowed to answer any questions just yet (frustratingly) but hopefully I'll get round to answering them all in due course.

In the meantime Mercedes-Benz have just announced their latest AMG, the CLA45:

860375_10151456884291670_754466789_o.jpg

Take an exclusive look: this is the very first and non-photoshopped screenshot taken from the CLA 45 AMG as featured in an early version of Driveclub™, the pioneering racing game for the brand new PlayStation 4 presented by Sony Computer Entertainment yesterday in New York.