IGNORED

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

The good news of this bombing at launch is that I could pick it up for a measly 45 euro alongside my shiny new PS4 today :D The pretty pictures and the news that most of it is now fixed combined with the low price made this an instant sale.

Can I be in somebody's club please? I promise I'll upload rainy pictures once I've connected everything, downloaded the no doubt staggering amount of OS and game updates and providing PSN actually works.

It's good fun though :) - when you shoot out of the tunnel at full pelt and suddenly can't see a thing till you adjust to looking for road markings through the murk or the twisty bends in blizzard conditions that you think you're keeping to the road and suddenly realise you're in the gravel/approaching a wall.

Definately good fun.

It hasn't been broken for weeks but the weather certainly adds an additional wow factor.

As for warranting a PS4 purchase that's more down to your preferred style of racer. As stated by many if PGR and time trailing are your thing it comes highly recommended.

The videos of this do look really good. Is it now fixed? Is it worth getting a PS4 for (£315 with this and FIFA 15)?

I'd say so. If you're into racing games you could easily lose many hours to this. Also, PS4 looks like it's going to have a hell of a 2015 ahead of it.

I'd try and find a bundle that replaces Fifa with Pro Evo though.

The good news of this bombing at launch is that I could pick it up for a measly 45 euro alongside my shiny new PS4 today :D The pretty pictures and the news that most of it is now fixed combined with the low price made this an instant sale.

Can I be in somebody's club please? I promise I'll upload rainy pictures once I've connected everything, downloaded the no doubt staggering amount of OS and game updates and providing PSN actually works.

We've got a spot left in our (all-Dutch) GamerNL club if you're interested :)

The videos of this do look really good. Is it now fixed? Is it worth getting a PS4 for (£315 with this and FIFA 15)?

It's not worth getting a PS4 just for this. But there are plenty of reasons to have a PS4 now, it's a decent time to buy, and this is a good (if divisive) game. It's mostly working now. I found online a bit too slow and occassionally unreliable this weekend. Leaps and bounds on where it was, of course.

All this excitement has made me cave. Ironically, my internet fell over immediately after I'd completed the first race, but I'm going to assume that was just an unfortunate coincidence, rather than the DriveClub curse striking again.

Does anybody have a club with a space for a (probably average, at best) driver?

This is quite good. I updated the game, played the opening race, did some point-to-point time trials thing in the rain and tried photomode (can't see how to upload a full size screenshot yet though?). I got challenges, ghosts, leaderboards and the works and it never threw a single connection error my way. Really pretty too. Currently updating GTA V to take a peek, but this will definitely whirr in my shiny new PS4 this weekend.

Vaguely recall some of the faster cars have special buttons. Which cars? What do they do? What do I press? How should I best use them?

Think its just the McLaren P1 that has KERS and DRS. As for button config, not sure as I've messed around with my settings.

To be fair the weather was never intended for the original release, it was added due to the extra time they had with the delay. The DLC shouldn't have shipped on release either, its DLC. Why won't new buyers see the weather?

I'm confused.

Because most people will just play the tour, in which it doesn't feature. (Until the late game with the DLC I guess but will people play Total Drivin' 2014 that long?)

and depends which delay, they spent most of the year showing off the weather, then released without it.

The single player tour mode is perfectly fine without weather and always has been. It's can be tough to get some of the stars, but it's great fun. Thinking weather in tour events is going to change the the game significantly is nothing but hyperbole.

If you think the game is the worst you've bought pre weather patch, then weather isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

People here are saying it does, I've not played it with it yet. But I disagree, without it was really quite dull.

I hope I haven't misunderstood, but you do know that all the DLC so far has been free, yes?

I actually didn't, which helps but it's still meaningless when it's a side show.

Maybe I am being too harsh but I really feel they should have their best game right there front and centre. Like first race in the game should be in a thunderstorm front and centre. It's a game dogged by crap both fair and unfair and you're going to get very little chance to impress new people, especially on PS Plus which fuels the "Quick go and meh" mentality.

Vaguely recall some of the faster cars have special buttons. Which cars? What do they do? What do I press? How should I best use them?

It's only the McLaren P1 that has DRS and KERS. I think by default R1 is the DRS and 'X' is the KERS. Use the DRS on straights, as soon as you lower that rear win the back end becomes really unstable, it does add quite a bit to your straight line speed too. For the KERS boost its good out of slow corners I find, I've used bits on straights too just for the added speed.

Because most people will just play the tour, in which it doesn't feature. (Until the late game with the DLC I guess but will people play Total Drivin' 2014 that long?)

and depends which delay, they spent most of the year showing off the weather, then released without it.

People here are saying it does, I've not played it with it yet. But I disagree, without it was really quite dull.

I actually didn't, which helps but it's still meaningless when it's a side show.

Maybe I am being too harsh but I really feel they should have their best game right there front and centre. Like first race in the game should be in a thunderstorm front and centre. It's a game dogged by crap both fair and unfair and you're going to get very little chance to impress new people, especially on PS Plus which fuels the "Quick go and meh" mentality.

They announced the weather at or around E3 and said from the off it'd be added post release as a free update I'm sure. Had it released on its original date, a year before, we might not have even seen it added at all.

Also, it'd be a bit daft having the first race you play in the most difficult of conditions... Plus, the weather is very much front and centre in anything but the tour mode. You can't do a challenge without seeing some rain at the moment :P

It's obvious if they could have, and still hit their date, they would have released with weather, and have it included in the Tour. I'm sure they would also have preferred to release with working online too, but we don't always get what we want.

It is a shame that it's not in the Tour. Although DLC has been free up to now, I don't think future Tour events will be.