IGNORED

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

It'll be some time off I reckon, servers have taken a bit of a knock since the Challenges went live, they'll be scaling up to fix that, then they'll have Xmas to cover before they even think about the PS Plus edition.

I see no reasonable excuse for them not to mention it. It's now two months since release. It's unfathomable why they still haven't fixed it properly.

I see no reasonable excuse for them not to mention it. It's now two months since release. It's unfathomable why they still haven't fixed it properly.

I think Yoshida's statement "Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice." was meant to draw a line under it for now at least.

I've sent a request to join. My PS id is theredstar69.

We're full! Sorry, I left it open for anyone to join Didn't take long - was full up when I booted it up this evening. Start your own (meant in a nice way) and send us some challenges!? I hope the rest of the club appreciate the banhammer on the club emblem too.

Eighthours sent out a challenge which I couldn't play because I wasn't level 11, which is irritating. Could at least let me have a stock car to have a go at it. Anyway.

Unsure why people are throwing confetti at me mid race though?!

I think Yoshida's statement "Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice." was meant to draw a line under it for now at least.

Which is the right thing to do, was always the right thing to do, and the reason it should never have been released in the first place. But two months is more than enough time.

It's like being served your meal in a restaurant piece by piece as each ingredient is prepared. And the complimentary glass of wine you were promised never came.

I really think there needs to be more of a fuss kicked up over this now.

The meal is the game. First we get the free version cancelled then bits of the game don't work, bits such as weather and replays are added. It's a fitting metaphor. Some bits were delivered but had to be sent back because they were undercooked, etc.

I...no...what? No, it's a terrible metaphor.

You haven't ordered the meal or paid any money for it. You've just looked at the menu outside the restaurant and saw a note at the bottom that said "New Chef Special! Free taster session inside!" and then rushed in to claim your place on the free taster, only to find out they underestimated demand and have run out of chicken.

Now you're rocking back up at the restaurant and, seeing that the free taster session bit of the menu is still crossed out, are kicking up a fuss because they only have enough chicken for paying customers and not you, who really wants your free lunch.

In the meantime, there's been a mix of reviews for the paid meal and some people have stopped eating there, while others have decided to give it a go and hand money over.

It tastes good so far.

I was doing a club challenge last night on the Scottish track, in the rain, in the super Caterham thing. It was stunning, one of the most blisteringly lifelike renderings of driving I've ever played. Absolutely beautiful.

It loses something in the sunshine, though - there's something off about the lighting and I can't quite place what - but that rain. Astounding. The car handled fantastically and the club challenges and in game little score attacks that come up really add something to the "track racing" experience.

It's the best meal I've eaten in a very long time. The large amounts of DLC add up to a great pudding too.

Not sure why they never brought the starter, though.

For the people that heard from the first few guests saying the service was appalling and then decided to not visit until it was sorted out, by which time the place had already implemented their specials, it's now pretty much the best restaurant experience of its type. Especially if you can't be arsed with the buffet-style thing on the other side of the road.

It’s like an amazing restaurant that managed to sort itself out after an e.coli outbreak nearly led to it being closed down. Gradually, the word is getting out that the food inside is delicious, with the only problem now being making your way past Stanley, who’s camped outside the entrance with the now-invalid vouchers he’s clipped out of the Metro, waving them in people’s faces and demanding his free starter and complementary breadsticks.

I picked up a sealed copy of the Special Edition from CEX on Saturday for £30 as I had credit and was expecting to be a bit disappointed with it after all of the negative opinions. Plus the fact i'm more of a single player guy and rarely venture online so thought maybe the single player events would be a bit lacking, but being a racing game addict I thought i'd give it a go. Luckily I was surprised to find that it has a load of content in the single player mode which I was having a blast with at the weekend, the handling really is great.

But I joined up to a club last night and it took the (already good) game to another level for me, all of the challenges and community events are fantastic and trying to beat times etc. to get extra points for your club is a great way to incentivise the player to push harder for those extra seconds.

The only downside happened when boxoctosis sent a challenge to the club and when I tried to enter it the server screwed up and I couldn't access any leaderboards or challenges, which is a massive shame as I was really loving it unto that point.

So all in all, if you're on the fence I say go for it, the servers seem to be stable most of the time now and there is a ton of content to work through when they go down. The only negative with regards to the overall game is, as others have mentioned, the lighting, it does get a bit too dark in places and can have quite a gloomy look sometimes, which is all very atmospheric but its not great when you can't see anything.

I turned up at this restaurant wanting the free meal but when i noticed it was not there i whinged a bit but was hungry so in i went...

I ordered steak with some dauphinoise potatoes and mushrooms but the waiter brought out some dried out bit of beef with no sides - other people in there seemed happy with this but i felt very let down. After an hour or so they started to bring out the sides, sometimes walking up to me and putting them on the table but then taking them back to the kitchen, again people seemed happy with this and thought i was the odd one out expressing my dissatisfaction with this service. In the end i gave up and walked out thoroughly disappointed with the whole experience, i left several comments on trip advisor but think i upset the boss...

However word of mouth started to suggest the whip had been cracked and the chef had new glasses so could suddenly cook, i had paid my money so he allowed me to once again sit at a table and sample his steak! I had a very nice steak, the sides arrived on time but the odd hiccup with drinks orders and i can now say this is a fine restaurant - its not the best steak i ever did have but it is a bloody good one.

Why am I hungry now?

Anyway, I finally took the plunge on this last week, after waiting for the issues to die down and the weather update. Mark me up as another happy customer. It's definitely the closest thing to PGR I've played. It's been great having so many open world racers recently, but there is still room for a game where you pick a track and practice it over and over again until you've beaten your mate's time.

If Rushy's still canvassing for suggestions, I'd like to see a little more prominence given to the location and track names. Unless it's in the poster, the only way to see where you're going is via the tiny emblem. So most of the time I've no idea where the race will be until I'm on it. It's only a small point, but it helps when I'm trying to learn the tracks.

Love the photo mode too:

16033906712_aa9589fbdd_h.jpg

16033905982_bf112d9a94_h.jpg

16034596095_2a695028f9_h.jpg

15412332894_c994dad169_h.jpg

Oh and, speaking of photos, I'd love the ability to switch off car damage when you're taking a picture. Otherwise all my photos will look like set photos from The Blues Brothers. :)

Picked up a copy of this yesterday. I've been in in two minds whether to do that, wanting a racer for my PS4, but worried that this one might be a bit too realistic for my taste. In many ways it is, but the car handling is arcadey enough and it gets quite thrilling zipping along just about staying on the track. Yep, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'd prefer to be playing Motorstom 4 or Wipeout PS4, but I am enjoying it.

Any clubs need another member?

Or want to join a club for players who crash an awful lot? I could make one.

Anyone?