DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

sometimes I go in for a drift and sail around in a lovely arc for 2000+ driveclubpoints, other times I got flying accross the corner into the dirt :lol:

I love the Pagani Hwoarang, doubtlessly named after my favourite Tekken 3 guy

I joined a random new club yesterday, took it from lvl 1 to 4 and then got a message from the owner telling me to GTFO. Charming.

Amazing update, after a brief go this afternoon I'm loving the improvements to the general UI along with the more prominent features discussed above. Looks like my game of 2014 is likely to be my most played of 2015 too - one question, why does it always take a few days for the new tracks to reach multiplayer? My friends and I play most nights and its a shame we can't all go on tonight and experience everything together.

You and your team should be so proud of this game, Rushy.

Your welcome to join Trokie Burns, club is up to level 7 now and we have 3 members and plenty of average times for you to have a go at....

Yes, please join...and hopefully any new members will be even worse than me. Still, if feels good to be part of a club and I'm enjoying the club challenges even if I'm generally not improving our times :) However, this now means ot will take me FOREVER to get through the single player campaign, as I get distracted by club events every time I have a window of opportunity to play. Very much looking forward to the update..I've set it downloading on my snail like connection so hopefully be finished by midnight!

Oh really? Sorry, haven't been on for a couple of days. Hope it's forum people and not randomers that have joined.

It'd be nice if there was a club app to keep track when I can't get on my ps4.

I recognise you, me, jonster, andy. Rexel and I apparently have a mutual friend in ironchicken (though I can't remember who they are).

Holy Shit! I just raced through snowy mountains in Norway with loads of rain for the first time.. I thought I'd seen "next-gen" graphics. I was wrong. The level of detail is astounding. This game is a graphical marvel!!

It's odd. With the rain on, it's really pretty. Without the rain, some places are a bit meh - and meh at 30fps.

There's a level of detail modelling on the cars (that can't be seen when racing) that's over and above FH2, and the rain effect is over and above... but other than that I currently think FH2 is the better car game, racer, and club game (and F5 the better track racer purely due to 60fps). But it'll be interesting to see if I still think that after a few more hours - I'm only lvl16 on this.

I've got this now. Still trying to get into the handling after a heap of Forza Horizon 2 - I hope the handling get's a bit looser when you get to the faster cars. How do I get into a club? I searched for Rllmuk and requested to join but don't think I've been accepted to any yet - is there somewhere I need to post?

I've got this now. Still trying to get into the handling after a heap of Forza Horizon 2 - I hope the handling get's a bit looser when you get to the faster cars. How do I get into a club? I searched for Rllmuk and requested to join but don't think I've been accepted to any yet - is there somewhere I need to post?

The handling is very unique. Early on it feels very gentle and later it feels really quite abrupt, but in both cases seems quite sim-ish. Brake, turn, accelerate. But spend a while time trialling pretty much any circuit in pretty much any car and you start finding just how little you need to slow down, how often a corner rewards a drift.

Anyone who drives as a sim won't get anywhere near the fastest times.

It's bloody good.

I had to download a near 6gb update...I wonder if I was playing without realising I had the weather update or something....either way I'm impressed with the update. So glad I purchased this for the bargain of £18 from Amazon. It should never have released when it did, but the support for it is fantastic now. I wonder if this was the intention from the off or wether all the issues meant a lot more free support/updates than usual...

No, it's worked just fine for me, probably about an hr ago.

Anyone got room in their club for someone who's probably a bit average (nothing like selling yourself eh)?

Sounds like you would fit in well in our club, search for Trokie Burns and request to join, we are nearly club level 9 now so moving up, 3 spaces left in the club. All welcome.

I had to download a near 6gb update...I wonder if I was playing without realising I had the weather update or something....either way I'm impressed with the update. So glad I purchased this for the bargain of £18 from Amazon. It should never have released when it did, but the support for it is fantastic now. I wonder if this was the intention from the off or wether all the issues meant a lot more free support/updates than usual...

I think only the first pack was more free than intended, but who knows if that is extra or what. They've not updated the plan since it all went to shit.

What it does have is a lovely sense of place. Scotland, Norway, british Columbia being the ones I'm familiar with.

Absolutely this. I was playing the some of the Scottish tracks and I was convinced I'd driven along them, and a few of the BC ones felt exactly like the route from Vancouver up to Whistler. Excellent stuff.