DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

Just played some events in the new Multiplayer Time Trial mode, and I have to say I LIKE it.

It's rather like an F1 qualifying session, when you decide when to start your lap, and can see a live leaderboard of how well everyone else is doing.

So if you like playing online but have the first corner lottery, this fixes it by making everyone else ghosted. No longer any excuses!

I tried the offline race option again, but still don't like the AI. They are rubber-banded and only seem to be racing against you, rather than against each other, so its a frustrating affair and not very satisfying.

However the online Time Attack mode sounds good. How long does each session last?

I find that if I treat the AI like people it works quite well i.e. hang back and let the idiots take each other out on the first corner, draft up behind and feint to go one way but then go the other and presume they're going to chop you on a corner unless you're alongside early enough. Perhaps the AI is brilliant after all :)

I've not found the AI annoying; they've certainly never done the oft-mentioned flying past me at the finish line.

I've had a bit of that but I assumed it was because I was chosing cars for handling rather than top speed. A lot of races end with me following the arrow from one side of the track to the other hoping they'll ram me in the bum.

Rubberbanding AI is the one criticism I simple don't get! Always found the game rewards good driving, it's as simple as that.

Horses for courses. In my experience they only race against you, not each other. Meaning you can always catch them up even if you sit dormant for 30 or so seconds, but when you do catch them up they become impossible to get past. Not my thing.

Just played some events in the new Multiplayer Time Trial mode, and I have to say I LIKE it.

It's rather like an F1 qualifying session, when you decide when to start your lap, and can see a live leaderboard of how well everyone else is doing.

So if you like playing online but have the first corner lottery, this fixes it by making everyone else ghosted. No longer any excuses!

Really cool to hear this as this is pretty much as I requested as an idea a while back.

What's even better is the amount of updates based on community ideas. Very impressed.

Horses for courses. In my experience they only race against you, not each other. Meaning you can always catch them up even if you sit dormant for 30 or so seconds, but when you do catch them up they become impossible to get past. Not my thing.

You really can just drive straight through them. On a point to point I usually get 1st place within the first 10-15% and then stay in 1st place from there.

This is...tempting.

No private lobbies or support for my Fanatec on the PS4 is holding me back still though. And the fact that I'm barely squeezing in time with Destiny let alone something new.

Still, will keep an eye on the thread and see if the community stays lively.

Still, will keep an eye on the thread and see if the community stays lively.

There's an argument to say that's already proven. A number of us have been playing pretty consistently since launch in October (which is a total rarity for me).

Plus the fact there are going to be atleast 4 more DLC Tour packs (on top of the 4 already released) means there should be plenty of life left in it.

Dive in I'm sure you'll love it.

Hmm - i kinda agree. Although the fastest times will utilise sim like levels of control as drifting is too slow. Even if you've mastered it. Its more about lines and ensuring you control the gas during cornering and powering out.

Which is kinda like a sim.

Hmm - i kinda agree. Although the fastest times will utilise sim like levels of control as drifting is too slow. Even if you've mastered it. Its more about lines and ensuring you control the gas during cornering and powering out.

Which is kinda like a sim.

There are definitely ones that benefit from drifting, but it's very difficult to get in and out smoothly. The downhill corner before the end of the first Japan track feels that way from playing it yesterday.

I'm enjoying returning to this. Some things still annoying me though:

- Very hard to see the track name/country, would be nice if this was more prominent.

- Visuals are too dark. Needs a gamma adjustment slider. I'm having to adjust my TV settings just so I can see it properly.

- Would be nice to be able to change the car colour on the car selection screen. I'm sure there's a way you can change it but why is it not on this screen

Haven't done many races with other cars yet so can't comment on the AI improvements yet.

I've only had this for a week but this might up there with the best racers I've ever played. It's easy to play like an arcade racer but properly punishes you sim style if you mess up, I feel like they balanced it superbly. Track design is incredible too. I'm playing with the HUD off and it's easily the most immersive racing game i've ever played. Everyone, try going HUDless, trust me!

If I could leave some feedback/suggestions, how a bout a toggle HUD button? Sometimes it would be nice to know what position I'm in for example, if I could click L3 or something and have it pop up that would be handy.

Also this is the only racer I can think of that I enjoy playing in chase cam as much as the interior cam, it would be cool if there was an option to force which views can be used in private lobbies (eg. chase only for Ridge Racer vibes/cockpit only for hardcore vibes/cockpit+dash+bonnet for a mix up etc).

Finally, a way to up-rate good drivers so that they're more likely to be matched, and let the bumber car twats with no positive ratings play eachother. Just a few thoughts if the Evo guys are reading.

Anyway please add me cos I could do with some more time trial friends, PSN: robo-o-g.

Peace!

- Would be nice to be able to change the car colour on the car selection screen. I'm sure there's a way you can change it but why is it not on this screen

It's in Garage, you can set up 4 custom colour set-ups that then can be applied to all cars.

(Which is mildly shit as some designs look good on some cars but not others, but it is useful for recognising ghosts I guess.)

I've only had this for a week but this might up there with the best racers I've ever played. It's easy to play like an arcade racer but properly punishes you sim style if you mess up, I feel like they balanced it superbly. Track design is incredible too. I'm playing with the HUD off and it's easily the most immersive racing game i've ever played. Everyone, try going HUDless, trust me!
If I could leave some feedback/suggestions, how a bout a toggle HUD button? Sometimes it would be nice to know what position I'm in for example, if I could click L3 or something and have it pop up that would be handy.

I play with the HUD on really low opacity. It's much less distracting, but still there when needed.

I found this forum after searching for a lively Driveclub discussion group. I'm in love with this game.

I've got a long history of playing arcade-style racers back to Night Driver and Pole Position and Driveclub is one of the best. I love the blend of arcade and sim aspects. Of course, the visuals are amazing too.

I just started racing online after hearing horror stories of terrible behavior. Sure enough my fist few races were full of people trying to take out other drivers. So if there is some kind of list or group of folks that like to race clean, I'm all for it.

My PSN name is Rustymandible. Feel free to friend me!