DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Can we maybe not make this about Forza 5? It has its own thread and is a very different game.

Would be nice for a thread to stay on topic, I'm so hyped for Driveclub.

I really think it might be the new PGR! And everyone remembers how amazing that is!

I watched the footage Rushy linked and I'm back into this now. I was a little bit worried that the handling was going to be a bit too arcady for me but after watching that it looks like it might have just the right amount sim in there too. I love how I'll be able to test it on PS+ before I dive in properly.

Rushy, be prepared for question central when I see you on Saturday! I'm so pumped for Playstation 4 right now. :omg:

So, unlike Microsoft, I'm more than happy to hold my hands up and apologise when I'm wrong. It transpires that I was naive to put my failth in internet scuttlebutt, and Forza 5 was indeed (according to EG) running on real Xbone dev-kits and not some higher spec PC - although, of course, many Bone demos were doing just that (again, according to EG).

So I humbly retract my previous assertion.

Still prefer Driveclub though.

looking at the videos Rushy linked to gives a much better impression. only point of criticism would be crashing/collisions looking a bit weak.

not a criticism of Evolution (i love their games) i was just hoping for more realism this gen - smashed up, crumpling metal, particles everywhere and great deformation animation.

colliding with a wall takes you right out of the experience - as you just seem to bounce right off it.

I thought there might be some direct-feed footage in this stage presentation — most of the others had some — but what's there just seems to be stuff from the E3 trailer:

It's most likely worth a watch if you want a better idea of what the game's about, mind; I'm not that into driving games so just scrubbed through it.

Nice vid! Didn't we meet at E3 as well, by the way? At the GT6 pod on the very last moment :)

Yes we did and you were supremely patient in waiting for a GT6 pod also (given that I was filming replays after the fact of Simon from Sony having finished his laps).

I can understand the griping about a lack on direct feed. Pretty much all games media went into E3 not expecting either Sony or MS to allow HD direct capture devices to be plugged into their respective brand new console hardware. Other than IGN & Gamespot, we were proved right.

Still, at least I got direct feed of the AUDIO of all four of the major E3 driving games (with the exception of Forza 5 as none of the Samsung TV's had an analog audio out). Think that makes all the difference, as without it, offscreen simply doesn't resonate.

I do feel bad that in using a DSLR with a narrow depth of field (despite having the F-stop above 5), you do pick up on the fine detail of the LCD matrix. There's bits where you'd think the screen I'm filming DriveClub off is more a PSP one, or even an old CRT with raster lines. That said, a bigger camera would likely not have allow me to have easily filmed as much material as I did.

Rushy, you were a real gent and a star on Wednesday. It was great to meet you finally. Think I filmed over 15mins in total. ALL of that should be up on TeamVVV in the next few days, so I've been told.

Maybe at future shows (and not just E3), all RLLMUK members should wear a small sticker on their show badges with their forum names on.

Oh and McSpeed, so sorry I couldn't guess who you were. This week is my first time back on the forums since February I reckon. You can forget a lot in that time.

Yes we did and you were supremely patient in waiting for a GT6 pod also (given that I was filming replays after the fact of Simon from Sony having finished his laps).

(...)

Maybe at future shows (and not just E3), all RLLMUK members should wear a small sticker on their show badges with their forum names on.

Oh and McSpeed, so sorry I couldn't guess who you were. This week is my first time back on the forums since February I reckon. You can forget a lot in that time.

Cheers man, it was good to talk to you for a bit :)

Hey Joe, did you play it with a wheel or the DS4?

Just the DS4. The option to use its motion sensor for steering was pretty neat, too. Takes some getting used too, but with practice, you might be able to steer more precisely. And get more fun.