Star Wars Galaxies

Sng

"The rewards-program announcement comes as Galaxies celebrates its one-year anniversary. Since launching last year, the game has accumulated 500,000 registered users, 115,000 of which are daily players. "

114,000 of which are outside Coronet Spaceport. :o

• 2 weeks later...

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/expansions.jsp

More added about Jump to Lightspeed, including 3d shots and plenty of normal screenshots.

" Jump to Lightspeed will release with at least 15 ships for players to build, customize and fly. We have already announced the X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighter, Z-95, Light Hutt Figher and the YT-1300 transport.

We will be publishing additional screenshots and info about these ships in mid-July. "

" Jump to Lightspeed features three unique piloting professions which are outside of the regular Star Wars Galaxies skill points. You must go on story-driven missions to advance within them. A fourth new profession, the Shipwright, is a new type of novice profession that won't be a ‘starting’ profession. Look for more details on the Shipwright profession as the saga of the Jump to Lightspeed develops over the summer of 2004! "

And http://www.gamespot.com/promos/swgalaxies/

GameSpot trial, no CC required.

You have to find me first. ;)

But I will be overt again soon (it's the only way I can wear my snazzy official Imperial uniform). What are you rebels able to requisition anyway? Us imps can pick from uniforms, full Stormtrooper armour, AT-STs, various forms of our own personal npc Stormtroopers, a selection of shite guns, schematics and various bits of furniture.

What did the people who tried out SWG on the 14 day trial think of the game?

It was lovely to play it again (I beta'd it), but I can't justify the expense in relation to the amount of time I get to play it. Maybe one day....

It was lovely to play it again (I beta'd it), but I can't justify the expense in relation to the amount of time I get to play it. Maybe one day....

You are just right. It's not worth it unless you have the time to dedicate to it. I suppose this applies to just about any MMORPG.

You have to find me first. ;)

But I will be overt again soon (it's the only way I can wear my snazzy official Imperial uniform). What are you rebels able to requisition anyway? Us imps can pick from uniforms, full Stormtrooper armour, AT-STs, various forms of our own personal npc Stormtroopers, a selection of shite guns, schematics and various bits of furniture.

Pretty much the same as imp without the AT-ST. :angry:

She is FIT. I'd like her bent over a table in the cantina with her pig-tails in hand, yanking her head back whilst I TAKE her.

SQUEAL PIGGY! Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh!

EDIT: I will be on this afternoon for a few hours (after you know what).

Actually that might be next weekend. Download speed = 5KB/sec :)

WTF is that all about?! Oh well, just hope it picks up.

What server you guys on (am sure this is mentioned already in this thread but save me reading 30 other pages)

Someone else must play! Come on...

99% of my game playing time is spent on SWG so if you are on the same server (FarStar - Europe) I can help you out. Ryanski and Repoman from this forum are also on the FarStar server. Soong, Ed and New York Mikey are all on different servers which you will get the names of if you go back through this thread. Digital Fodder and Hodge may or may not still be playing the game as well.

Did you buy the game or is it a 14 day trial?

I'm pissed off! My Gamespot DLX Secure Delivery bollocks thing is moving at a steady 2KB/sec and I've no idea why. Anyone else had this problem?

Might start a topic in ATF to see if anyone still has the original ZIP file and wants to make a torrent.....

JTL could do SWG no end of good. Looks very promising indeed.

Balanced combat is a priority imo. TKMs taking out Jedi's is just silly and it happens all the time. Jedi's should be much more powerful but death should = perma death. This would lead to Jedi's being a much more secretive collective instead of the current situation of light sabre demonstations in Anchorhead.

Balanced combat is a priority imo. TKMs taking out Jedi's is just silly and it happens all the time. Jedi's should be much more powerful but death should = perma death. This would lead to Jedi's being a much more secretive collective instead of the current situation of light sabre demonstations in Anchorhead.

Do you realise how much xp jedi's need to level? It's something like 32 million just to get beyond padawan to do the jedi trials. Permadeath is not the answer IMO, jedi would be pointless then. The whole point of the jedi changes is to encourage more PvP between them. If a TKM beat a jedi, the simple reason is cos the jedi is just starting out + should never have put himself in that position anyway, I was told that when jedi's start they go back to being unable to even fight butterflies, so it'd take quite some time before they should be doing anything like PvP. Anyway, they do lose 200k xp if they die, which is an hr's play lets say, + maybe that is not enough, but if they later regularily fight other jedi then it is just right. Where do you draw the line?

On a sidenote, watch out all day tomorrow on farstar, a 24hr war has been declared between SFOD + TDR, which means that at any time on sunday, whether overt or covert, members of each guild can attack each other at anytime. Should be fun. That is one day I'll make a special effort not to be running around alone. B)

Arghhhh! I miss playing SWG soooo much. I'm into my third week of exile!! I'm hope next week I'll have a proper internet connection back and I can take part in the fun!! Maybe then I'll manage to master Carbineer!!

Do you realise how much xp jedi's need to level? It's something like 32 million just to get beyond padawan to do the jedi trials. Permadeath is not the answer IMO, jedi would be pointless then. The whole point of the jedi changes is to encourage more PvP between them. If a TKM beat a jedi, the simple reason is cos the jedi is just starting out + should never have put himself in that position anyway, I was told that when jedi's start they go back to being unable to even fight butterflies, so it'd take quite some time before they should be doing anything like PvP. Anyway, they do lose 200k xp if they die, which is an hr's play lets say, + maybe that is not enough, but if they later regularily fight other jedi then it is just right. Where do you draw the line?

You make some very valid points but simply put TKM is far too powerful. A TKM member of our our guild had to leave a hunt we where all on as he was taking all the XP. After tonights pvp in Anchorhead I would like to add that CM is fucked up and needs sorted out as I would prefer to have a battle rather than constantly heal from poison effects. Also I hear Rifleman is vastly superior over other gun proffessions. Hopefully publish 10 will address all these issues and get the Jedi quests started. If the above are all sorted SWG will be as close to perfection as a 'levelling' up style MMORPG can be (what other sorts of MMORPG are there anyway? )