Xbox Live Spring Sale 26/3/13 - 1/4/13

Boozy The Clown

If I bought a COD on console A, then downloaded it through my username on console B, then logged in as someone else on console A but logged in as myself on console B, could I system link it with one purchase?

Yes.

Today's deal in case anyone can't look on xbox.com:

World At War - 11.99

Black Ops - 14.99

Black Ops II - 44.99

CoD 2 - 8.99

CoD 3 - 8.99

CoD 4: Modern Warfare - 11.99

Modern Warfare 2 - 11.99

Modern Warfare 3 - 24.99

I txted a pal about RE6, then he reminded me 8 quid for a game you wont play is still not a bargain..and next gen round the corner, who wants a 40 hour slog of QTEs. So i didnt buy it.

Those COD prices are pathetically bad though. 9 quid for launch title COD 2...bargain!

Ive got good memories of it, before it became the behemoth. I remember the fledgeling online MP of COD3 thinking oh this is quite fun, i wonder if it'll catch on. The maps were a lot less "designed" too, they were more like real places and better for it.

Oh and remember the silo section on veteran..really fucking hard and you could lose 20 mins play before a checkpoint.

COD 2 has held it's trade in value though. You'll be hard pushed to find it anywhere at less than a tenner.

Fair enough then. I had no idea.

I hope the fighty games are going to be nice and cheap but I doubt there'll be anything amazing there.

Yeah, those prices are reasonable. I've beat all bar Black Ops 2 though, and I don't think I'm bothered about rebuying MW2 having beat it twice in SP and the MP either being a desolate landscape or full of hackers.

I picked up Resi 6 yesterday and I'm quite happy that at £9 I'll enjoy working through all 3 games on GoD soon.

In fact, I'm really happy with the sale overall. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations, Resi 6, HAWX and Rainbow 6 Vegas so far. If the offers on Arkham City, MGS:HD, The Orange Box and L4D2 are good I'll probably pick those up too.

Arkham, lovely.

COD2 was awesome, lack of perks and so on meant less running from dogs, more shooting the bad guys.

The original net code pre patch was fucking terrible, though, and the multiplayer UI / Lobby system is some sort of nightmare.

MW1 is hard to recommend these days, purely due to the (relative) lack of players meaning it's hard to find a 4 bar connection. MW2 is still decent to play as there is a big userbase and the matchmaking searches for a good connection.

I just realised how pointless this post is, like anyone in the world who likes shooters hasn't already played both.

Definitely up for some L4D2. If enough get it hopefully we can get some 4 player forum action going. the first had a great month or so when it came out.

Did you ever get a PC/gaming laptop etc? Get it on that if so, they've dropped all the L4D1 content into it, and there's millions of mods you can install at the click of a button.

Steam must be quaking in their boots at these awesome COD prices.

MW1 is hard to recommend these days, purely due to the (relative) lack of players meaning it's hard to find a 4 bar connection. MW2 is still decent to play as there is a big userbase and the matchmaking searches for a good connection.

I just realised how pointless this post is, like anyone in the world who likes shooters hasn't already played both.

I picked up MW1 on GoD cheap once and it was quiet at time (MW2 was out but not black ops I think) but it was full of hackers

I assumed MW2 was similar in terms of levels of hackers?

In 15ish days of play I've never experienced anything more than those gamertags that have Xbox controller buttons in etc (but don't affect the game in any other way) in MW2. Probably last played 3 months ago and loads online.

MW1 is also hacked to fuck or else I'd still play the shit out of it on the 360. Saddens me greatly that they don't even care about patching it :(

Both COD2 & 3 have a fair few players online although a lot of them do have suspiciously white supremacist gamertags., which make me wonder if it's being used as some sort of digital training ground.

COD2 has the North African campaign in single player IIRC, which is worth a go if you've never played it.

I'm pretty sure it is, Angel. Unless your definition of online multiplayer is different to everyone elses'.

I suppose they might have stripped out the online element for the Games on Demand release but not the disc version.

Why are people saying COD2 is online. COD 2 isnt online (multiplayer).

It's the game that got me back into playing online multi so it definitely does have multiplayer :) Spent many a night hunting fools online, it was incredibly broken on release but they patched it up. Even the first COD was online too.