Xbox Live Spring Sale 26/3/13 - 1/4/13

Boozy The Clown

Just to clarify, I wasn't asking because I'm trying to develop some convulted pirating scheme, just more for the ability to play 2P without having to actually buy two copies would be very handy.

Especially as I have two xboxes in the house. I often re-download games on another machine so I can play it in the other room, I just assumed that it wouldn't let me use it if I logged in as someone else. I didn't know I could do it for system link though but presumably (just to really labour the point) only system link, right? This sale got a bit more interesting now that I know that.

Thanks all.

No, not only system link. You can play over Live on both machines.

Just to throw another Spaniard in the works, when you download the game onto console A, all other profiles on that machine have access to the game or DLC. This was mentioned kind of earlier but wanted to clarify.

That makes it handy in the same house, have one machine with all the licenses on it and the other is the one you use your USB stick on.

Is it worth grabbing COD2 for the campaign then?

edit - I started replying before this was covered in plenty of detail :(

GRID is quite good fun. I am still downloading Rainbow Six Las Vegas.

Call of Juarez - holy shit - it's an original xbox game isn't it? So far I have shot a wolf that seemed to freeze instantly when it died and just rigidly toppled over and I have fallen off a cliff seventy two times. The animation is horrific. Thank God it was only very, very cheap.

List yoinked from GAF

I assume I would be totally mental to pass up Arkham Asylum for 320pts?

So tempted to get batman again for £2.69. I used the chat thing on xbox.com yesterday and they refunded those point i was charged extra on the first few god sale games i bought, so if your having issues with xbox instead of jumping through hoops on the phone try that first was quick and easy.

Not played either of the Batman games. Do I go for Asylum, City or both?

Also, I'm not one for FPS's or online multiplayer. Would the original Borderlands be worth a punt for that price? I'm tempted to give it a go and it's not too much wasted if I don't get on with it.

Not played either of the Batman games. Do I go for Asylum, City or both?

Also, I'm not one for FPS's or online multiplayer. Would the original Borderlands be worth a punt for that price? I'm tempted to give it a go and it's not too much wasted if I don't get on with it.

Get both batman games if you havent played them yet, there both fantastic. As for borderlands worth a punt if you have someone to play multiplayer with as its alot more fun in coop.

I didnt finish Batman AA.

And now it is up for lunch money.

A good weekend :wub:

*edit

@Paulando yup Dead Island has link coop, been playing this with my son. Its great with some good RPG elements.

Everyone disagrees, but generally if you're more interested in exploring the landscape and being generally amazed at what you can stumble across then Fallout 3's a better bet, and if you care more about a couple of extra gameplay systems, the tradition of the earlier Fallout games, or the quality of the game's central storyline then New Vegas might suit you better. Both are "best game ever" contenders for their respective cheerleaders.

Fallout 3 is way better, of course.

List yoinked from GAF

I assume I would be totally mental to pass up Arkham Asylum for 320pts?

Just to add that this is for TODAY ONLY. in case anyone was under the impression that it was a weekend deal or something.

Have gone for Batman AA, RDR and Dead Island. Never played any of them so I think all very fair prices, particularly Batman. It just illustrates that this is what should be done with back catalogue software. Make it available at good value impulse prices and it'll sell.