Xbox Live Spring Sale 26/3/13 - 1/4/13

Boozy The Clown

I own the discs for them but I'm so tempted to buy Portal 2 and RDR just to have them on the console to play whenever.... The ability to just go for a little horse ride and then maybe over to the town on the far right of the map and play a few hands of poker on the veranda-y thing of the saloon while there's a storm raging outside... only £8.... so tempting!

Tried to buy the first Batman game, and it let me add points (because I'll be buying Darkstalkers soon) but I keep getting an error saying the purchase cannot be completed at this time. Rage.

EDIT: It let me get one of the free map pack things. It's probably blocking my Batman purchase because I'm trying to buy it from outside of the UK, right? Huff.

Tried to buy the first Batman game, and it let me add points (because I'll be buying Darkstalkers soon) but I keep getting an error saying the purchase cannot be completed at this time. Rage.

EDIT: It let me get one of the free map pack things. It's probably blocking my Batman purchase because I'm trying to buy it from outside of the UK, right? Huff.

I've had the same problem trying to buy from Sweden. Someone here suggested going through a UK proxy but it didn't work unfortunately, which is incredibly annoying. :(

Anyone who's umming & ahhing over whether or not to get Batman should get both of them. I've just finished Arkham City & it's one of the best games I've played this generation. Every element of the gameplay is absolutely brilliant, especially the combat & navigation. Grappling off the edge of a rooftop, dive-bombing towards the streets & then swooping over the city is one of the most empowering & downright fucking coolest experiences I've had in gaming.

I'm tempted by RDR but I have other big games still to play. Is it worth it?

Also tempted to get BioShock. After Cane and

Rinses podcast on it, it's made me want to go back to Rapture.

RDR is amazing, best Rockstar game yet I would say.

Dead Island is okay, I enjoyed it but it's very samey. If you like hacking zombies and putting random shit together to make weapons then you'll like it.

The Batman games are really a no brainer.

Dead Island is okay, I enjoyed it but it's very samey. If you like hacking zombies and putting random shit together to make weapons then you'll like it.

The Batman games are really a no brainer.

i very much like both of those things! any online (or local) co-op? i'm going to get it regardless.. just wondering. good deals

I'm on a shitty connection at the moment. Could I buy Arkham City tonight safe in the knowledge that it'll be mine regardless of the download actually happening tonight?

Yes. And if you buy on Xbox.com it'll start downloading when you switch on automatically.

Yes and (I believe) yes. Online co-op is on by default and you can get randoms.

There's no local co-op on Dead Island. It's one of the things that pissed me off when I bought it. The section on the back makes it sound like there is but it isn't.

The online is fun though cause you can just drop in and out when you please.

-------

I've taken the plunge and got Portal 2 and RDR. Only annoying thing is I have to download them both to my Xbox in the bedroom which uses the old wireless adaptor and downloading on it is slow as shit. Ill just leave it background downloading overnight.

I hope MGS:HD is cheap. Anything above £15 I don't think ill bother and just get it off eBay.