IGNORED

Battlefield 4

Harsin

Saw this posted at NeoGAF, they seem to be treating it as reliable.

Coming October 23rd, 2013

Development just started, expected to be done in 1 year.

Nirolak's Note: Since this is the one likely to elicit the most "this is fake" notes, I feel I should elaborate. Given some later points (like already have an internal demo), this seems to refer to EA's normal two year development cycle of a one year pre-production cycle with ~30-40 people and then ballooning up to 150-300 people to make the game after most things are prototyped and planned out. Visceral, BioWare, and a fair number of publishers outside EA also operate this way since it allows you to have multiple projects without cyclical layoffs due to scaling down in pre-production and scaling up in production. For example, during the downtime between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, DICE's spare staff worked on making Medal of Honor's multiplayer and helping to build Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. As to what the bulk of DICE's staff worked on prior to this going into production, it's probably either a second project or, once again, other EA games.

Will be on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and next gen consoles.

Will be one of the first games for next gen consoles.

Commander System comes back.

Profile can be linked with other devices like iPad.

Auto-login, need internet all time, supports cloud saves.

Easier to game pickup, to take care of players from CoD.

Supports body and voice control for this Commander System.

Better Battlelog integration and better stats reporting.

Supports video playback and sharing.

Game store for DLC and other stuff like that.

3 factions: Russia, USA and China.

Can deploy female soliders.

Frostbite 2.0 engine.

PC, PS4 and Xbox 720 supports 64 player maps, 360 and PS3 will be less.

PC, PS4 and 720 will provide 60fps.

Already have a demo video internally within EA.

Matching the quality of BF3 already.

BF4 will use 80% of power of Frostbite 2, whereas BF3 only uses 30-40%.

Modern story background.

EDIT: I've tidied up the text to make it easier to read.

Touche Mr woo

I'd be much more excited about 1080p being confirmed than 60fps. But if it turns out to be locked at 1080 AND 60fps I'm sure I'll survive!

This could be my favourite console launch title of all time! Even eclipsing halo and mario world

Although I'm sure no doubt it'll just be an unbalanced broken mess on day 1

Touche Mr woo

I'd be much more excited about 1080p being confirmed than 60fps. But if it turns out to be locked at 1080 AND 60fps I'm sure I'll survive!

This could be my favourite console launch title of all time! Even eclipsing halo and mario world

Although I'm sure no doubt it'll just be an unbalanced broken mess on day 1

this

you best sell your company and retire in prep for launch.

Hopefully we'll see something to replace the modern military games next gen, like we replaced the space marine ones with modern military ones this gen. No WW2 though please.

Fuck that, I'd LOVE another WW2 game, even back then I never got fed up with them. It doesn't have to be a standard 'attack the front lines' kinda game which admittedly did become the most common but there's plenty you can do with the time period. Another game like The Saboteur for example. I really miss the WW2 setting tbh.

Please a ping indicator and the ability to lock your server to players in your region. If they expect us to rent servers at least give us some decent admin tools for them.

The amount of times I've done a 'Yank' sweep and then found Aussies and the occasional Japanese player stinking up the place with their lag.