IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

Ahh didn't think you were in our voice chat, next time get some comms going!

Thought you were better than usual, maybe you should make it a habit ;) Haha you did well mate! I found two Ale's helped me if anything!

phantonUI, nice work getting that chopper out of the car park on Floodzone, didn't think you'd do it!

Um yeah, that was me PhotonIU *cough* :P

I refused to give up on that helicopter after being constantly picked off by the snipers on the roof. Not so great flying though, and I was very concerned when people started spawning on me. Really enjoyed the games last night, so thanks for the invite. The game is totally different with a squad.

Back in the real world I now find I have a heightened sensitivity to distant silhouettes in my peripheral vision, and to bright red dots. Bit jumpy!

Wait until you see a plane in the sky and start to press R1 in your head :D

Making some food now, all the games I streamed were fine as far as I could tell. The automatic doors in the dam level were opening for me on time, which is a good sign that things are working properly. Often they don't open for a second or two :(

Is there any forum group for this? I've played anything since MW2- but did a bit of reading and have been trying to stick to squads, use spotting, focus on the objective etc. The other players are all over the place though! Takes the enjoyment out of it a bit.

Use the Friend Finder to add people from here who have the game. There's usually someone online most of the time to team up with.

What's the point of Operation Locker? I've only played stuff on Conquest. All the other maps have scale, variety, vehicles, but Locker seems to devolve into a load of people standing on each side of a door firing endlessly at each other. What's the point?

I think it's just the new Metro from BF3, for people that want that. Which is why there's "24/7 Locker high tickets (no explosives)" servers on PC. Plenty of static choke points to stand at firing, where people can drop medic and ammo packs to rack up lots of points, especially on TDM or Domination. Some people like the grind and setting up in the established positions, or slowly pushing forward from room to room (which is why it's weird people complain about campers on those servers - err... everyone is camping and that's the kinda the point).

Not saying it's not boring or missing the point of general BF somewhat, but at least the grind is mostly confined to this one map if people fancy that. All the other maps are there for everything else. It can be fun when your team breaks through a choke point, or the spawns switch, and you come up behind rows of enemies all facing a single doorway and not watching behind them, ready to be knifed.

Anyway, I'm terrible with choppers and when I try to act as mechanic everyone seems to bail out for no reason. Often without me noticing and I'm still repping as I smash into the ground alone :(

If you press the battlelog button (the touchpad on PS4) you can go to your friends on there - it's r1 or r2 to go through the stuff listed across the top. It should list your friends and what they are playing and it will say press triangle to join.

If you know what map and game type they are playing you can just pick multiplayer from the main menu and then pick their game on the right.

Or, if you're on the dashboard and access your friends list from there, if there's a space it will let you join from there too.

Well looks like I've caught the Batlefield bug.. big time.. After a rocky start it's all really clicked with me over the past couple of nights, I'm now continually finishing in the top half of the scoreboard and actually feel like I'm starting to make a valid contribution to Conquest games.

I'm still only level 8, and haven't really a clue what weapons are the best choice etc but figure all that will come in time. For now I'm just content to continue doing my little bit for the war effort.

Nice to see all the connection issues have been sorted too, haven't had a single disconnect in 3 or 4 nights of play.

Look forward to some games with you guys soon.

I think it's just the new Metro from BF3, for people that want that. Which is why there's "24/7 Locker high tickets (no explosives)" servers on PC.

i got permabanned from that server because i was fucked off with the "LETS STAND ON EACH SIDE OF THIS CORRIDOR AND TAKE POT SHOTS AT ONE ANOTHER" then decided to go outside and was faced with a wall of snipers. SO i did what any sensible person would, and got my Mortar out. the crying that was in the chat was amazing.

I've started using the engineers PDW - the P90 unlocked from the campaign specifically and it's brutal at short to mid range. I don't know if it's going to suit my play style in the long run but it's great fun and the hip firing is beastly.

i never quite got on with the P90, i cant remember if it is its accuracy or what, but i found the very first PDW a lot better

okay im running an MX4 with laser sight, compensator and ergo grip. gives me stats of

Damage 30

Accuracy: 24

Hip Fire: 96

range:15

stability:57

ROF of 830 not up to the P90's ROF, but it does more damage per fit, with a better hip fire rate.

And there goes my single player save. Crash to desktop whilst playing level 4 of the campaign - you know, that really annoying one where they bung in loads of weather effects for 'realism' but in fact just makes it really annoying and not at all fun to play. Reload game and my saves are corrupt - thanks a fucking a bunch. I wouldn't even bother with the campaign if it wasn't for Dice hiding guns behind the SP. They should unlock all those guns for the PS4 in my opinion as we're 2 months down the line and we still can't safely play the campaign, absolute shite.

Give the UMP-45 a try. It's excellent. Low ROF, but it's very accurate with high damage and great hip fire.

Another UMP fan here, great for run and gunning.

The MP7 is still my go to gun these days - I do wish you could run a PDW with Recon and really play as C4 Spec Ops again.