IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

I'm playing the Bone version and bought Premium the other day. Have seen a single new map turn up in the servers though...do I have to go onto specific servers?

I hadn't realised I need to separately download the maps from purchasing the dlc. Duh. Will report back when I've played!

General preference is for Veteran Sticks / Legacy Buttons (or it may be the other way around). Whichever setup gives you throttle control on the analog triggers.

Veteran for buttons and legacy southpaw for sticks. Just worked this out after much crashing. This is exactly how it was in BF3 (I think I had them set to default), and now makes flying easy again

spent most of the weekend playing 64 player zavod conquest, hiding in bushes spamming the mortar.... actually quite relaxing and good fun.... surprising how many people completely ignore the mortar.

Typically place it somewhere hidden and then lay down in an overwatch position on it, meaning if anyone tries to destroy it I can take them out first and then move to a new spot.

Even better, when you die the old mortar stays there :)

I had a great time on this over the weekend. I feel like I've finally got used to the differences between this and 3, and am finally getting some good scores. My current favourite set-up is Support, setting up shop with a bipod and either covering an assault or defending a base with claymores. Once I've unlocked some more options for the Type 88 LMG I'm going to soup it up to make it extra accurate and long range when bipodded and turn it into a never-ending death ray. Can you just fuck your recoil stats off when you've got it on a bipod? Do you ever get any recoil in that situation?

I had a great time on this over the weekend. I feel like I've finally got used to the differences between this and 3, and am finally getting some good scores. My current favourite set-up is Support, setting up shop with a bipod and either covering an assault or defending a base with claymores. Once I've unlocked some more options for the Type 88 LMG I'm going to soup it up to make it extra accurate and long range when bipodded and turn it into a never-ending death ray. Can you just fuck your recoil stats off when you've got it on a bipod? Do you ever get any recoil in that situation?

There's very little recoil when using a bipod. See Symthic's accuracy plots for the Type 88, and you'll see that it's negligible:

http://symthic.com/bf4-accuracy-plot?w=Type-88_LMG

I think it was mentioned before, but LevelCap uses those stats to break things down in his review videos of weapons and loadouts, and how to use the best attachments. They're worth a look although a bit technical and serious. I like trying out all different things but if I want to concentrate on upgrading one weapon for a while it's useful to see if it's worth it first.

There's also some other stuff:

There's also some other stuff:

That's awesome, but I think that'll get patched so you can't place ammo and health on the bikes before long. I remember you could (maybe still can - it was on the 360 version) place ammo in the scout heli's. One game, a few of us went on a rampage firing unlimited airburst shells from the XM-25 on unsuspecting infantry.

Some more of those dirt bike kills here:

spent most of the weekend playing 64 player zavod conquest, hiding in bushes spamming the mortar.... actually quite relaxing and good fun.... surprising how many people completely ignore the mortar.

Typically place it somewhere hidden and then lay down in an overwatch position on it, meaning if anyone tries to destroy it I can take them out first and then move to a new spot.

Even better, when you die the old mortar stays there :)

Inspired by Kerraigs video I went off on a mortar spree and found myself killing not a lot and getting hunted down. People online on PS4 are certainly not oblivious to some dude hiding in a bush with a mortar. I can see it'll be handy in certain situations but I just spammed it for a few hours for giggles.

I had one of those wonderful moments you only get in Battlefield last night playing domination.

I witnessed one of my squad was killed by a player in cover shooting from inside a shipping container. I ran across to revenge him & arrived to see the enemy player sat right by the door reloading his LMG. I had my C4 prepped so I threw it on to the indside of the open door, hit X to close it in his face and blew that shit up. :D

I think some knife variants unlock at higher levels in the Battlepacks you get, maybe some camo's too, but I'm not sure if it's fixed or random. Everything else is unlocked as part of getting kills / points, or through certain assignments (plus there are four guns and two knife variants unlockable only through the single-player campaign).

Since i have had my PS4 this game has been perfect and i am loving it, set my headset up today and working great so will be up for some proper play soon with comms - just a shame its a faf to switch between amp and headphone output for me but at least its fast on the ps4!

Anyhoo i done made my first vid, i am sure many of you have done this loads but was my first c4 tank kill as a recon - love the recording stuff but not the process as its a bit much but sure that will get sorted in time!!

Is anyone still getting the annoying bug where the PS4 doesn't record the correct bit of gameplay?

I was just doing it wrong, when i was double tapping the share button i thought that was saving the last 15 mins but instead it starts recording at that point.

Its a bit of a faf as if you want the last 15 mins you seemingly have to hold share down, upload it to facebook and potentially edit it while live in game - not idea in battlefield!!!

What i ended up doing and its probably not the best way is to hold down the share button, upload the vid to face book with no changes etc and then go back in game - later on edited the vid down to the above clip, uploaded that and used some site to grab vid and then be able to upload to youtube!

Just reading the above should be enough to convince Sony that the share feature, while bloody amazing, needs some work to make it slicker!