IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

Xbox One patch notes (not sure why it says that about Second Assault, biven that the Bone already has it - presumably cut and pasted from the other platform patch notes).

We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on Xbox One. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of servers are updated.

This update is mainly designed to prepare the game for the upcoming release of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 Second Assault. We will announce the release date for this expansion pack later.

Jan 30 Xbox One Game Update Notes

DMR Balance Tweaks
- Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Other items
-Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
-Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
-Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
-Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
-Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering "false" or "true" in the chat window
-Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
-Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
-Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
-Various minor crash fixes

Got my longest ever Battlefield headshot this lunchtime: 990m.

Got it on Hainan Resort (Rush). I shot someone on the top of the hotel from the Aircraft Carrier flightdeck. Not quite 1km, but I'm still quite chuffed. :)

Even with the 20x scope, the target kept flickering in and out of view.

New patch on the xbone now adds the ability to pick the map pack when using quick match in the online selection ... though using it on china rising gave me an empty server on domination, which I actually found useful since I have only played the map a couple of times so gave me some practice on learning flag placement and routes around choke points

Got my longest ever Battlefield headshot this lunchtime: 990m.

Got it on Hainan Resort (Rush). I shot someone on the top of the hotel from the Aircraft Carrier flightdeck. Not quite 1km, but I'm still quite chuffed. :)

Even with the 20x scope, the target kept flickering in and out of view.

Nice. Where you able to zero in on that or where you shooting at the moon due to the amount of drop on the bullet?

Nice. Where you able to zero in on that or where you shooting at the moon due to the amount of drop on the bullet?

The range was roughly 1000m, so I zeroed the scope to that. I got a 750m headshot earlier in the same game but I had to set the scope to 500m for that and then gauge the bullet drop.

New patch on the xbone now adds the ability to pick the map pack when using quick match in the online selection .

Yes!!! Finally.

EDIT: The map, or just the map pack?

Just got the new patch, not had a chance to play yet but was on earlier until got booted off as the server got patched again - had some brilliant games with no lag at all!

I did an amazing sniper shot, not in same vane as fishys km shot but an old skool awp style one where you are against someone close ish and do the fire jump to the side and fire again to get the sucka - would upload the video of it but i have saved the map before that one for some reason :(

I did get 4 kills with a pistol, all 4 were together and it was pretty funny for me and crap play by them but i shoulda got a 'fucking hero' ribbon!!

New patch on the xbone now adds the ability to pick the map pack when using quick match in the online selection ... though using it on china rising gave me an empty server on domination, which I actually found useful since I have only played the map a couple of times so gave me some practice on learning flag placement and routes around choke points

Didn't see any difference when I tried the (patched) PS4 version - is it in the in-game Quick Match selector? Mine still just lets me choose the gametype and them matchmakes me straight into a game. :(

The patch kinda broke the sound on PC. No sound in-game except for the occasional spotting blip or reload, and the End of Round music kicks in randomly. Everyone is complaining about it in the server chat.

Thanks for trying DICE :( :(

edit: it's supposedly only cutting out in certain game modes like TDM

EDIT: The map, or just the map pack?

Didn't see any difference when I tried the (patched) PS4 version - is it in the in-game Quick Match selector? Mine still just lets me choose the gametype and them matchmakes me straight into a game. :(

Quick Match selector - it then lets you pick the map pack from Battlefield 4, Second Assault or China Rising. Previously Quick Match would only put you into a standard map rotation and you had to do a server search to go into any of the add-on map pack rotations.

For domination I have to say I prefer most of the standard maps rather than the dlc ones ... my favourite being golmud railway set around the small village. Tactic I have been using in that one is to destroy all the buildings as quickly as possible, removing all the sniper spots around the map.

BTW has anyone noticed that the ammo box has been nerfed in this patch? For some reason it is resupplying other people's grenades etc but not my own.

Ooh, if that's true about the nades I really like that!

I hope not. If support can't resupply themselves with explosive munitions (presuming it stretches to more than grenades) then they've badly hamstrung them. It's akin to assault not being able to heal themselves, recon not seeing the enemies their T-UGS detect, and engineers only being able to repair other people's vehicles (or having the repair tool run out of gas).

It can be hard enough to get an ammo drops from randoms at the best of times, so anything that makes people think they might be better off not carrying ammo at all is worrying.

It could just be a glitch though - I know that if you equip the UCAV, then you never get grenades resupplied unless you re-spawn.

Quick Match selector - it then lets you pick the map pack from Battlefield 4, Second Assault or China Rising. Previously Quick Match would only put you into a standard map rotation and you had to do a server search to go into any of the add-on map pack rotations.

Still nothing on PS4 - just the option to pick gametype and then straight into a random map. The server browser seems to have been further ruined too, with it sorting so that conquest and rush games appear way down the list, with team deathmatch etc. being at the top unless you remove them with the filter.

The server browser and quick match features both worked fine in BF3, so I'm not really sure why they changed them into something worse.

I hope not. If support can't resupply themselves with explosive munitions (presuming it stretches to more than grenades) then they've badly hamstrung them. It's akin to assault not being able to heal themselves, recon not seeing the enemies their T-UGS detect, and engineers only being able to repair other people's vehicles (or having the repair tool run out of gas).

It can be hard enough to get an ammo drops from randoms at the best of times, so anything that makes people think they might be better off not carrying ammo at all is worrying.

It could just be a glitch though - I know that if you equip the UCAV, then you never get grenades resupplied unless you re-spawn.

I like that it gives a huge advantage to teams that communicate and work together over people who play selfishly

Tested it some more - grenades do resupply but very very slowly ie before the patch I could drop an ammo box and within 20 seconds of 'sitting' on it my grenades would be full - now its over that for a single grenade

Mortar shells restock even slower than that...

Any special animation for it?

I'm not sure, there was some countering going on which was new to me. Was on the resort map so I felt a bit like James Bond.

Post update and I got my first crash. As mentioned, the spotter scaling is pretty cool. I found myself on the top of the radar tower thing after a helicopter incident and gave sniper a try. Man, I suck but like the change of pace and can see why people get into it. Think the range from up there was asking a bit much of the entry level rifle (and me). Probably get stuck in over the weekend.