IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

I can't seem to play a single round on this on PC without it giving me graphical glitches then hanging on a red screen. Is that a known problem? Are there any fixes? I'm on an R270X, if that makes a difference.

Yeah the test maps are still there and smooth. Probably even worth the wait! The standard og play is very high though in the test servers, be warned

I had some great rounds on there tonight, all but one in positive k/d and some great team work - as you say the std is high but so is the team work so its great fun to play :)

It's amazing that it took them this long to figure out, "we need better and/or more servers". Something that the rest of figured out within seconds of playing the game online. I've lost a lot of faith in DICE over the whole Battlefield 4 debacle. It's been so refreshing to play Titanfall that I literally haven't loaded up Battlefield 4 since I got my hands on the Titanfall beta.

I'll wait for them to sort out the servers before I even bother downloading the new DLC.

Yeah and that's why I'd recommend getting a Bone over a PS4 so that when Battlefield is broken you can play Titanfall instead. So you'll end up playing Titanfall almost exclusively then! Plus there were quite a few people from here on Bone Battlefield, I just think most people got bored waiting for it to be fixed. I mean the obvious correct answer is don't buy it on either platform as neither DICE nor EA deserve your money.

Yeah and that's why I'd recommend getting a Bone over a PS4 so that when Battlefield is broken you can play Titanfall instead. So you'll end up playing Titanfall almost exclusively then! Plus there were quite a few people from here on Bone Battlefield, I just think most people got bored waiting for it to be fixed. I mean the obvious correct answer is don't buy it on either platform as neither DICE nor EA deserve your money.

Some of us don't give a shit about Titanfall.

Does anyone know if there is abetting similar to the pc world where I can buy a cheaper key for premium.

I'm not entirely sure I've had my money's worth from premium. All I seem to get in the premium battle packs are fucking dog tags. You get the maps early but I've not bothered playing them much as the game is so buggy.

If you're gonna buy it, go the US store route. Cheaper.

Yeah but some people might do and having two great games to choose from is no bad thing. What's up with the internet and the attitude of "I like X so fuck Y in the ass".

It's a valid point but i find two shooters on the go almost impossible, cod + bf was a nightmare esp when the control layout was different! but mainly in that you tend to need to put lots of time into them to learn everything and become decent!

Just think if MS hadnt pissed off it's entire fan base in the years leading up to the xbone and then the xbone announcement they would be owning the market now with titanfall et al. As much as i fancy playing more titanfall it's not at the expense of everything else the PS4 is better at and defi not the people i play the game with already.

It's a valid point but i find two shooters on the go almost impossible, cod + bf was a nightmare esp when the control layout was different! but mainly in that you tend to need to put lots of time into them to learn everything and become decent!

Tell me about it, after a weekend of clicking left stick to sprint in shooters, I went to make a jump in Dark Souls 2 and just casually walked off a cliff because sprint is hold circle and you click left stick to jump. Stupid brain, stupid videogames.

Argh I just had this amazing round of rush where I went 20-1, where I was pushing up under my own mortar fire. Push, switch to mortar, kill the guys in front of me, push some more, kill a few, then lay down more mortar fire. Went to upload the vid and it's not there. Fuck sake I did so much good shit in that 5 mins. My whole team were locked down and I single handedly got to the bomb point by covering myself!

It's not about liking X so fuck Y, it's about being advised to buy an inferior console geared around a stupid gimmik piece of hardware because it has a game that the recommend-er likes. Seriously if I wanted a Bone I would have bought one, MS pissed me off, as a long time fan and user (I had a Gold account since 2003 up until I bought my PS4) they completely ignored what I liked about the console and their product to chase 'casual' gamers that Nintendo introduced to the market for a short period following the Wii. Advising me to buy one because of Titanfall just rubs me up the wrong way.

It's not about liking X so fuck Y, it's about being advised to buy an inferior console geared around a stupid gimmik piece of hardware because it has a game that the recommend-er likes. Seriously if I wanted a Bone I would have bought one, MS pissed me off, as a long time fan and user (I had a Gold account since 2003 up until I bought my PS4) they completely ignored what I liked about the console and their product to chase 'casual' gamers that Nintendo introduced to the market for a short period following the Wii. Advising me to buy one because of Titanfall just rubs me up the wrong way.

I think you've taken this a bit seriously.

Argh I just had this amazing round of rush where I went 20-1, where I was pushing up under my own mortar fire. Push, switch to mortar, kill the guys in front of me, push some more, kill a few, then lay down more mortar fire. Went to upload the vid and it's not there. Fuck sake I did so much good shit in that 5 mins. My whole team were locked down and I single handedly got to the bomb point by covering myself!

My last two vids worked, mainly as i wasnt too fussed by them - a moving sniper shot on a sniper and some tank sniping!

It really is a killer feature the recording malarky so when Sony fix it we can finally feel a bit more next gen rather than beta gen!

Well I didn't recommend that you specifically buy one, just that it was something to bare in mind but it seems you're one of those people. Never mind then.

I'm not entirely sure I've had my money's worth from premium. All I seem to get in the premium battle packs are fucking dog tags. You get the maps early but I've not bothered playing them much as the game is so buggy.

If you're gonna buy it, go the US store route. Cheaper.

Funnily enough I was on the game website about to buy a download code and stopped myself. Comments on here made me think twice.

In regards to buying from us store - is there an issue with doing that when I have a UK account (think I've seen some instructions what to do about that on here somewhere) and a UK bought physical copy?

Presumably us store would mean Amazon . com?

Is a lot of this down to a lack of enough servers of PS4, or would the netcode need some proper refit before it's all fixed? Either way they need to sort it out asap and let people rent their own servers too. Sounds pretty shit! :(

The only problem I still get on PC is showing a random player (often a teammate) as my killer rather than the enemy it actually was. Other than that everything's been fine since the last patch. Just in case any PC bros came in here and got put off by the justified PS4 outrage...

The killcam is fixed on the ps4 now. Except when you get killed by a mortar it shows you the player not the mortar, and says you were killed by his gun

Fact is, even if it gets fixed tomorrow, 7 months is just too long. So many of the regular gang have moved on. They're making all the same mistakes that they made with BC2 and BF3. Premium windows on maps fragments the players, game types only available on certain maps means nobody ever gets good at them, server choice is shit (let me play a mix of game types and map packs in one server)...

I play this with one or two other players at best now, when it used to be 7 or 8. And it's not like there are mountains of other PS4 games grabbing people's attention

I think one of the biggest divisions for myself, is people moving onto the new map packs. Even if i could afford to spring for premium, which i can't, the game is too broken for me to make that commitment. I've always found map packs to be community destroying. I see groups of people playing. but they are generally on maps i don't have.

I really wish more games would give the maps away for free, and microtransact some aesthetic stuff. I'd be happy to drop a fiver on a female character model, for instance, if the maps were available to all.

Bf3 had the same rubber banding issues as did every batt field game before it - dice can't do net code properly esp on frostbite it seems. Another issue bf3 had and down to net code is being killed after you go round corners - always a pisser but always there.

What dice have done majorly wrong is to have all the old problems and make then worse with bad server hardware it seems.

I do wonder why people have if far worse than others tho, I don't suffer that badly with it and If I am a server change fixes it - poss the worst connection bringing the whole lot down just like in the CS days - we banned 56k players for same reason on our team server!!!

when the fuck are these servers getting fixed?

I relaly want to get back into this but everytime I sit in front of my Ps4 and contemplate it I see me running 6 steps forward and 3 steps back and decide to stick in Second Son instead.

Me too, I just cant be arsed until they are sorted.

played on the test ones with funtime and we got spanked so hard we ended up cuddling on a rock as the whole us navy and airforce bomabrded the fuck out of us along with a vintage cannon.

Yeah the test servers are lethal. Lots of Dice staff and top level Northern Europeans with disgusting connections. I love it personally

If you wanna play the new map pack and not get spanked then go for obliteration. If you ignore the bomb you really can run around with impunity dishing out justice