Battlefield 4

I REALLY like the new M60 LMG that I finally unlocked today. What a gun! Probably replace my trusty old PkP with this one.

But one thing I really miss in the game is some sort of indication that you have been spotted. I HATE sneaking up towards an objective, really making sure not to shoot anyone that doesn't need to be shot and so on only to arrive an realise that you've been spotted and getting stabbed in the back. Some sort of indication on when you need to start to look around would have been nice. Same goes for when you are trying to take out tanks. You never know when you can risk popping up that head to take the next shot.

I REALLY like the new M60 LMG that I finally unlocked today. What a gun! Probably replace my trusty old PkP with this one.

But one thing I really miss in the game is some sort of indication that you have been spotted. I HATE sneaking up towards an objective, really making sure not to shoot anyone that doesn't need to be shot and so on only to arrive an realise that you've been spotted and getting stabbed in the back. Some sort of indication on when you need to start to look around would have been nice. Same goes for when you are trying to take out tanks. You never know when you can risk popping up that head to take the next shot.

Have you tried hardcore mode? People can spot you which will give a verbal warning to other players but you dont get the orange arrow over your head. Obviously, it has minimal HUD options and other changes but it plays great if you want to play a bit more tactical. Check those corners for campers tho :-)

Were you in game chat or a party?

What's your PSN ID?

Party chat; i can hear everything, but can't be heard, Never mind, I'm getting a fancy new headset for my birthday at the beginning of June.

I've updated my sig with my PSN ID, but you can see me listed under the Platoon.

Anyone on this evening/tonight?

Have you tried hardcore mode? People can spot you which will give a verbal warning to other players but you dont get the orange arrow over your head. Obviously, it has minimal HUD options and other changes but it plays great if you want to play a bit more tactical. Check those corners for campers tho :-)

I predominantly play hardcore mode only at the moment. I find it much more enjoyable - less grenade spamming.

The air mines are not useless by any stretch. Use them to protect bases but put them far apart as they both might fire and get jammed by the same ECM.

The reason they are good is that they don't require you to be watching the skies holding a stinger, so there is an additional gun on the battlefield. If you put one down in a spot it doesn't get spotted, at some point in the round you will definitely either disable an aircraft or force it to ECM. Which leaves it vulnerable to a teammate attack.

I got 23 mortar kills on an Operation Metro game last night. All bar 3 or 4 of them were on cheaters using the ceiling glitch to get above the map. One guy I got six or seven times. Fuck you, cheats!

Excuse the crappy video - I only captured a few of the kills, and I've then poorly edited it using Share Factory to boot...

I was playing as my other soldier at the time.

You're still showing as rank 92 on Battlelog. I wouldn't worry too much - I've had a few instances where I've joined games and had none of my unlocks. A restart of the PS4 and they've all been back again.

Yeah, powered off and on PS4 and back - bit miffed that when i was by a tank i went to c4 it and had the crappy explosive dart thing!

Oh man that is so utterly satisfying

I think I went something like 35 - 1 in the end. A bunch of kills inside the ticket office, and then the rest revenge kills with the mortar after some cheating roof-hiding knobsack killed me.

Yeah they are rubbish at default, same for the vehs - no idea why they are defaulted so badly!

I bloody love this game, clicked past 300 hours now which is frankly mental but i don't play anything else anymore so it's keeping costs down (i keep telling myself...) Also over 100 kills with the scout heli, well chuffed as i basically couldn't fly at all in bf3 and also in this for a while but getting much better all the time.

Played Ground Zeroes once, loved it... went back to BF4. I've only done 210 hours online, need to catch up with some of you lot! (Kerraig, Fishy, Shimmy). I still haven't attempted to learn how to fly a chopper properly yet :mellow:

I've been playing since BFBC2

That's a shame. I wonder why the weren't any randomers/pubbers on there though? There must be enough ps4 players to populate a server (which would then encourage non - forum folk to join when they use quick hand or server browser.

I wonder if a smaller 32 player server would work better?