IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

It's still not fully downloaded yet! The downloading in standby mode isn't on as default and I only discovered that at 10pm last night.

I played the first 2 single player missions though and HOLY SHIT it looks amazing. I dont have a gaming PC so this is my first step up since 2005

It's still not fully downloaded yet! The downloading in standby mode isn't on as default and I only discovered that at 10pm last night.

I played the first 2 single player missions though and HOLY SHIT it looks amazing. I dont have a gaming PC so this is my first step up since 2005

You don't need to download it all to play MP I think, I only downloaded about 7 Gb to start with and haven't seen a progress bar since.

I don't know if it's the increased framerate or the Dual Shock 4 but I seem to be a better shot in this than on BF3 on the 360. Just hope they fix the bugs, most Conquest matches eventually crash and the vehices have no sound on some maps.

Other than that it's amazing fun. 64 player matches = carnage on another level. :)

Join some of us. Stick close, listen to everyone chatting over comms, spot plenty, and throw out plenty of ammo kits and medpacks. Occasionally you might get into a firefight and kill someone.

It isn't terribly noob friendly I agree, but after a few hours you'll be a bit more comfortable. Battlefield 4 is the best first person shooter ever.

I'd love to join a game and see what I'm doing wrong. I'm on the Bone though and am guessing most of you are playing PS4/PC?

Have we got an Xbox 360 Gamertag for this? I have a few of you guys on my list but not many.

I'd love to join a game and see what I'm doing wrong. I'm on the Bone though and am guessing most of you are playing PS4/PC?

I'm on Xbox 360. I'll be going Xbox One at some point, but not sure when. Maybe once I've actually played through the 20 or so 360 games I've got sitting around...

The thing is, if you have a party of 4 its going to split you up anyway, because thats a lot fairer than suddently giving one team a 4 man lead, so joining as party wouldnt work anyway. It fine on games like halo and cod, where a party of 4 can be matched with another party of 4 and then play, but with this many players its not practical.

What we tend to do is, one person will join a half empty room, then the rest will join him. And at the end of the round we'll try to rebalance and all get on the same team.

How are you switching teams? Was trying to do this last night and couldn't for the life of us find the option. And how are you joining a friend for that matter? From the PS4 dashboard or within game? The only way I could see to do it in game was if the Friends list was working but it was saying I had no Friends playing BF4 when I blatantly did.

I didn't have an option for multiplayer. No big thing, I'll be on tonight

I just got to level 20 last night. I bet you over take me by midweek :P

Rockboy it will only let you switch teams if the other team has less players, so as to be fair.

The secret to Battlefield is you don't need kills to be be a good player. You really don't. Pick a class your squad is lacking and heal, or chuck ammo about, or fix vehicles. Talk to your squad. If they're not talking or if they're not nice guys, pick a different squad. Try to play with friends. The game rewards you heavily for sticking with your squad and doing things together. You can be a very valuable asset without racking up kills :)

Also spot, spot, spot, spot. Spot everything. It's a giant bucket of free points and a huge advantage for your team. Spot like you've never spot before!

How are you switching teams? Was trying to do this last night and couldn't for the life of us find the option. And how are you joining a friend for that matter? From the PS4 dashboard or within game? The only way I could see to do it in game was if the Friends list was working but it was saying I had no Friends playing BF4 when I blatantly did.

I think you switch teams from the Team Setup menu in the Options (Start) Menu. I cant remember which option it is but there should be a key on the bottom of the screen.

There's a couple of ways to join friends on the PS4 (none of which are in the actual game menus which I found odd), if you go to the dash and go to your friend list, select the relevant friend, press X and it should show you their current status and whether you can join them.

You can also join from the Party Chat screen, select your friend, then press the Options button and you should get the option to 'Join Session'.

Ok, thanks for the info both. So the Switch Teams option wasn't there because my team must have had more players, I seem to remember in BF3 and BC2 the option was just greyed out when that happened, I might be wrong though. Good to know it's still there anyway.

The tank bit of the campaign is fucked. You inch through it fighting tanks which materialise out of thin air for about four hours, until you get to a bumpy bit of ground. You fight a larger tank and then two other tanks materialise either side of you and blow you apart in seconds. It even caused the game to crash at one point. Wtf?

First time player on PS4. I was a bit worried that it would be a nightmare for a noob, but I've taken the advice offered earlier in the thread, and I'm spotting, dropping med packs and reviving like a mofo.

It's awesome fun. I'm utterly shit, but having a ball.

So this has sucked me in completely. Does anyone know what the cost of the expansion packs is going to be? A cursory google and I've not found the individual costs. I suspect I'll just go for the premium and be done with it, but was curious to know what the difference is going to be.