IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

Pick me, pick me! I can't shoot for shit, I'm basically a free kill and I can't pilot any vehicles!

Oh...on second thoughts, just put a bullet in me now and put me out of my misery :(

I'm sure I have you on my friends list dude! Just not seen you on when I've been on. We'll deffo hook up though!

You have to keep in mind too that Obliteration is dogshit

Not this again :rolleyes:

Was enjoying sp on this (PS4). Put about 5 hours in. Then played mp for a while which was fun but daunting. Then it crashed. So, back to sp. And yup my save had gone.

Hooray! When will they patch this bloody thing?

Edit: a PS4 patch today would be most welcome, if it fixes the save game bug.

I'm not really a fan of the 64-player matches so far. I feel like it's hard to get a read on the flow of battle when there are so many players coming in at different angles, vehicles everywhere and Commanders topping things off with death from above. 32-players seems like a better balance between scope and the potential to outmanoeuvre the enemy, with the largest matches feeling more like a swarming mass of unforeseen death.

How are other people finding the biggest games?

New patch out tomorrow:

PC December 3 Game Update (Expected around 10am GMT 03/12/13)
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
-Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience

PS4 December 3 Game Update (Expected in the afternoon of 03/12/13)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where bullets were sometimes applying their damage multiple times to a character. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
-Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

An update for the Xbone focusing on stability is also due to arrive later this week.

Battlefield 4: China Rising, an expansion pack featuring four new maps, launches to Battlefield 4 Premium members on all platforms tomorrow.

I only noticed last night that my copy of B4 came with China Rising DLC code... is that in everyones 'standard' copies?

finally unlocked the c4 as support and back to my griefing best!

Man I love griefing other players in this.... I've honed my AQ IED tactics in BF3, and now that you can throw c4 I'm always lurking around on roof tops dropping c4 on unsuspecting tanks :)

Some geezer got well upset with me yesterday on the resort map... he was cruising around in one of the gunboats, had some crazy score like 23 kills 0 deaths..... out comes the c4 on the RIB...... susicide waterborn IED time!

Start getting the usual "OMG! l2p noob"

which I normally reply back with "I'm sorry, but I don't speak "Cretin" " or "Adapt and Overcome!"

Also got the hang of playing as a tank driver properly..... plenty of locations for some proper "hull up" tactics.... took out 3 tanks in a row on a hardcore gamer yesterday... brilliant fun!

long range sniper shots are just magnificent. You can feel the rage from across the map.

Yep. I think 500 meters has been my best so far.

Not quite as good as my semi accidental 800 (or thereabouts IIRC) meter headshot on Gulf Of Oman in BF3 though...

Just had a quick go on Altai Range. Ugh. I can forsee that map will be nothing but Recon and vehicles. Looks beautiful but it'll be the only map I'll be actively avoiding as I don't fancy being shot by someone wielding a SRR-61, halfway up a mountain in OOB territory, over and over and over.

Just had a quick go on Altai Range. Ugh. I can forsee that map will be nothing but Recon and vehicles. Looks beautiful but it'll be the only map I'll be actively avoiding as I don't fancy being shot by someone wielding a SRR-61, halfway up a mountain in OOB territory, over and over and over.

You've just described pretty much every map on BF4.

I've played on a couple of PC servers where you're automatically kicked if you get a kill with a sniper rifle. You could always try and find one of those.

Edit: To top-cat

Yeah, I tried that before (as chronicled earlier in this thread) and that was an exercise in futility. Despite clearly stating they are NO SNIPER RIFLE servers, people still use them and the admins weren't doing anything :(

Shame as it's a very scenic map. Lots of off road fun in vehicles (the dirt bike is back and controls like a beee-atch) and some very exposed cap points, but there is no way I want to play it while everything is (predictably) going to be so sniper rifle/vehicle orientated.

Edit *chow* I disagree with that. Other than the obvious Operation Locker, I also think that Flood Zone and Zavod aren't necessarily sniper focussed. Sure you can plonk them in there on buildings and stuff, but close quarters and ambushing is the main score on those three maps. Resort is half half and Dawnbreaker is probably that too. Shanghai, the dam and the railway are more sniper friendly.

Vehicles are less of an issue though as you can deal with them easy enough.

Yeah, I tried that before (as chronicled earlier in this thread) and that was an exercise in futility. Despite clearly stating they are NO SNIPER RIFLE servers, people still use them and the admins weren't doing anything :(

Shame as it's a very scenic map. Lots of off road fun in vehicles (the dirt bike is back and controls like a beee-atch) and some very exposed cap points, but there is no way I want to play it while everything is (predictably) going to be so sniper rifle/vehicle orientated.

Edit *chow* I disagree with that. Other than the obvious Operation Locker, I also think that Flood Zone and Zavod aren't necessarily sniper focussed. Sure you can plonk them in there on buildings and stuff, but close quarters and ambushing is the main score on those three maps. Resort is half half and Dawnbreaker is probably that too. Shanghai, the dam and the railway are more sniper friendly.

Vehicles are less of an issue though as you can deal with them easy enough.

Play it on Rush then?

God it's shit no being able to play this with you lot. Traded in my 360 copy for a PS4 copy on Friday in preperation of my new console arriving on Sat morning, planning a weekend of nex gen BF goodness.

My City Link delivery driver had other ideas however and seems to have delivered to one of his mates.

End result, It's gone, they wont investigate, I have a copy of Battlefield but nothing to play it on till after Christmas :(

God it's shit no being able to play this with you lot. Traded in my 360 copy for a PS4 copy on Friday in preperation of my new console arriving on Sat morning, planning a weekend of nex gen BF goodness.

My City Link delivery driver had other ideas however and seems to have delivered to one of his mates.

End result, It's gone, they wont investigate, I have a copy of Battlefield but nothing to play it on till after Christmas :(

What retailer was it - have you been refunded?

Why won't Citylink look further into it?

What retailer was it - have you been refunded?

Why won't Citylink look further into it?

Mate, John Lewis have been amazing throughout. Not for one second have they ever doubted mine over the driver’s version of events. I'm lucky in that respect.

City link are what you'd expect from an over unionised private company, they’re investigation and feedback processes is beyond poor. The driver has basically gone from saying 'I definitely delivered it' to 'I can't remember where I delivered it to'. They’re totally ok with that. His GPS shows he was on my road and actually I can confirm this because I saw him drive past (I was out painting the front of my house). He sure as shit didn’t stop though. The recorded sig is just a squiggle.

If I could change anything it's the amount of time ive had to spend sorting this mess out. City Link need constant instruction on how/what to investigate. It's far easier for the depot manager to hand it over to the insurance dept and move on.