IGNORED

Battlefield 4

murray

Jumped on for the first time in a week last night and it immediately downloaded China Rising but I don't have premium. Pay for premium tonight and it insists on downloading the whole thing again and now have 2 versions of it sat in my expansion menu/window. Ridiculous...

Had some good fun on this tonight. I'm still shit at it but I started racking up a few kills and was spotting and healing like mad.

Managed to go up a couple of ranks which was good. Only annoyance was on my first game where I did really well I got bombed back to the dash just before the end. Please fix that shit.

Was looking for a spot on your squad Kerraig but I never quite made it in. At lease we were fighting on the same side for a bit. :)

Had some good fun on this tonight. I'm still shit at it but I started racking up a few kills and was spotting and healing like mad.

Managed to go up a couple of ranks which was good. Only annoyance was on my first game where I did really well I got bombed back to the dash just before the end. Please fix that shit.

Was looking for a spot on your squad Kerraig but I never quite made it in. At lease we were fighting on the same side for a bit. :)

I'd say you're far from shit at it. You got some great kills on me tonight

I'm really enjoying the China Rising maps on PS4. It makes me wonder if I might have enjoyed Battlefield 3's Armoured Kill DLC more if I'd been able to play in 64 player games.

I thought they might still have been on the empty side, but there's always something kicking off.

Mwahaha. SUAV get. Chalk two up to roadkill already. Shame the battery doesn't last long but I guess they had to balance it somehow.

Now to get the UCAV, which is going to be beyond my reach I suspect as I can't fly jets for toffee :(

That's better than my last ones, which are

DISCONNECT

DISCONNECT

WIN

CRASH

CRASH

LOSE

CRASH

CRASH

Fuck it

It seems to have gotten worse.

Sigh

BarRE0LIMAAXNgk.jpg

PS4 error log. Have had more BSODS playing BF4 over two nights on my PS4 than I've had on my PC in about ten years. #NextGen

I'll be on tonight for more punishment. Kerraig we should get on a server together if you're about :)

They've said they're not working on any new content or other games until it's fixed. Except the DLC that came out yesterday, of course. Basically, it needed two or three months bug-punching, but EA insisted they push it out to go toe to toe with COD.

Really enjoyed playing the new maps last night, a lot of fun and liking the outdoor space and lushness as it were. Did the typical jump in to a new map and run round like a headless chicken thing for a few rounds until you learn them and get in to the rhythm a bit.

Remind me of the larger bc2 (Vietnam) and some bf3 maps a lot. Also seemed a lot more stable to me. Looking forward to more… :)

I was in 3 games with you guys last night, was also trying to join your squad Kerraig & Kryptonian but it was always full unfortunately. I think Photon was in our games too but possibly on the other team? Pretty sure he killed me at least once. It was my first time playing two of those maps, in case you were wondering why I was occassionally running in the wrong direction, and doing other sumilarly dumb things (that's my excuse anyway)! I managed to scrape a few kills though and was spotting and hurling out med packs like a mofo, trying to help as best I could. How do the voice comms work by the way, can you only hear people within your squad? I had my mic on but I couldn't hear anyone else talking. Or were you partied up?

New mini-patch added to PS4 version...

We are now rolling out the new PS4 game update. You might be booted from ongoing games before you can reconnect to the new server versions that are rolling out at the same time. Change notes below.

NOTE: This small patch was pushed live as quickly as possible to deal primarily with the "one-hit kill" bug. We are already working on the next PS4 update that will contain more fixes and have a bigger focus on game stability. Stay tuned.

Dec 5 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
-Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

One-hit Kill Bug Explained
We are seeing reports from people that this is still present, with descriptions such as "I came around the edge of a building and died instantly". It is important to understand that this is not the One-hit Kill Bug, that is another issue that we are working on addressing. For this, it is important to understand how some of the interpretations made by the game happen so that you can understand the difference.

We saw an issue where a bullet travelling towards an opponent would cause damage in one frame, and then again in the next frame. Therefore bullets would cause 2x damage if they hit the target between these two frames. This issue has been addressed.

The issue of dying before you saw who shot you is a different beast. We use a term called Interpolation in reference to where you are in the game world. There are instances where the death camera is initiated before the correct internet packets have arrived to be interpolated by your camera. This gives the impression that you were killed by "one shot" as someone came around the corner of a building. We have identified this issue and will address it in upcoming updates.

Is it still really bad on PC too do we know? I've not played for over a week now I don't think.

Such a shame they've fucked up big style with the bugs as its an fantastic balanced game right from the off. Which is what they usually get wrong.

I was in 3 games with you guys last night, was also trying to join your squad Kerraig & Kryptonian but it was always full unfortunately. I think Photon was in our games too but possibly on the other team? Pretty sure he killed me at least once. It was my first time playing two of those maps, in case you were wondering why I was occassionally running in the wrong direction, and doing other sumilarly dumb things (that's my excuse anyway)! I managed to scrape a few kills though and was spotting and hurling out med packs like a mofo, trying to help as best I could. How do the voice comms work by the way, can you only hear people within your squad? I had my mic on but I couldn't hear anyone else talking. Or were you partied up?

We were partied up. Always feel free to drop into our party if there's space. Sorry we couldn't get you in the squad. Quite a few people were on

I'm level 14 and have had just as many crashes. When it works, it's absolutely awesome though.

Ended up top 5 on a couple of maps yesterday. One of the things I love about Battlefield is that it's not all about the kills.

As an engineer, i came top ten with just 4 kills. The bulk of my points were made capping flags, repairing vehicles, destroying helis and playing to the objective. Love it.

A possibly odd question (may have been covered earlier in the thread but I can't see it, sorry if it has been) I only really play rush but this may happen on other game modes - The commander drops the class change/ammo box thing *on* the rush capture point thus meaning his team can't defuse/plant (depending on which way your going) the bomb as it's the same button and the box seems to take priority. Is this people just trying to provide some cover or are they just being standard internet dicks?

Probably a bit of both. I'm sure there are times it just lands in an awkward place, but I've had it deliberately dropped to obscure stuff; the entrance to the bomber unit at G on Altai Range is one such dick move.

I need to stop killing people with the SUAV. It's becoming addictive ^_^

I also watched this (it's probably already been seen as it looks like they're playing the original Firestorm) and I can't help think it is what playing with Kerraig is like :D

They've said they're not working on any new content or other games until it's fixed. Except the DLC that came out yesterday, of course. Basically, it needed two or three months bug-punching, but EA insisted they push it out to go toe to toe with COD.

And if anyone here honestly believes they've downed tools on their expensive Star Wars licence then I've got some beans to swap for your prize cow.

And if anyone here honestly believes they've downed tools on their expensive Star Wars licence then I've got some beans to swap for your prize cow.

Of course it's all PR speak but saying they are telling the truth then I'm assuming they mean the Battlefield team specifically if that's the case