IGNORED

What reminds you of videogames when you're not playing them?

acidbearboy

Some examples of my own to get you going....

Somebody on the telly tonight said "Serum", the only use of the word serum I'm familiar with was in Resident Evil.

I am also reminded of Resident Evil every time I use an outdoor metal staircase.

I deliver mail to an office called "Chaff House", which always makes me think of the chaff grenades in Metal Gear Solid.

Actually watching Formula 1 makes me wanna play F1 2012.

Watched few of the Star Wars films at work the other night so i did a run through of Knights of the Old Republic.

So for me, watching something related to it i guess.

If I'm looking out of the window in a car I 'jump' the hedges, fences, gaps and houses like a high velocity Mario (Sonic). Sometimes I do Tony Hawk's skateboard grinds and jumps between rails and things if it's a slow moving car, or a bus in town.

I find it very hard to describe what I'm doing when I do that.

If anyone remembers my old avatar, what I'm about to say won't come as a surprise...

CCTV cameras! I can't be the only one who, upon seeing one, imagines whether a gunshot from my current position would destroy it with one hit straight through the lens, or whether I could only hit the casing and would therefore need to use two or three bullets. :unsure:

Somebody on the telly tonight said "Serum", the only use of the word serum I'm familiar with was in Resident Evil.

The first time I remember encountering the word "apparel" as a term for clothing was in Virtua Tennis 2, where you could customise your character's outfit. So now whenever I see or hear the word, it always reminds me of that game.

If I'm looking out of the window in a car I 'jump' the hedges, fences, gaps and houses like a high velocity Mario (Sonic). Sometimes I do Tony Hawk's skateboard grinds and jumps between rails and things if it's a slow moving car, or a bus in town.

If you make use of a mark or some dirt on the window as your avatar then that makes two of us :)

I'm not alone!

Sometimes when I am practising, learning, or getting better at something I think about all the XP I'm earning. If I make a noticeable improvement then I tell myself I've levelled up.

Listening to music on the walk to work I nearly always imagine that I'm playing it brilliantly on Rock Band (rather than, y'know, actually playing it brilliantly in a rock band like I did as a teenager).

I live next door to a park, and you have to cross the park to get to my sisters house, there's a street light either side of the park but is pitch black in the middle, every time I cross that park I think "what if there's a sniper, prone somewhere in this grass" every bloody time.

I always find myslef admiring the dynamic lighting in real life. A church at night lit by floodlights always make me think of FPS games as well.

This. Constantly, I find myself really enjoying it. There's a church in my town that captivates me. All the old factories with old school lamps on the outside, too.