rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Harsin

Ever Wondered What People On The Other Side of Xbox Live Look Like?

Well wonder no more!

Next time you're being told that you're a homosexual black person of Jewish descent you'll have a face to put to [iTZ]xXx~G0kuW33dSm0ker420~xXx.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be fair if I was playing for $1 Million I would probably fill the swear box faster than Derek and Clive.

Ah, but would you also do the whole 'Hold me back lads!' thing, while looking about as threatening as the guy that played McLovin, though?

• Upvote 2

Ah, but would you also do the whole 'Hold me back lads!' thing, while looking about as threatening as the guy that played McLovin, though?

:lol:

McLovin is uncanny.

• Upvote 1

This fucking winds me up, and I'm not talking about the video.

Both teams are at it and it's no different from the trash talk you get at boxing matches, for instance. It's appears to be done in the right spirit and this is just part and parcel of the experience for these guys. I'm not condoning abuse received online, that is totally different. These are obviously two highly competitive teams, playing in the same room as each other, obviously acting up to the camera and having fun. There appeared to be mutual respect for one-another after the match.

The comments thread on Eurogamer was highly hypocritical: 'Let's all laugh and abuse the people we don't know from behind the safety of the internet at the guys who are laughing and taunting each other in real life, for fun, in the spirit of togetherness.'

Anyway, moving on.

Haha they're playing Call of Duty. IDIOTS.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

No, quite right, We know all about these people from the five minute video we just saw.

I was playing Street Fighter with my mate the other day and called him a cunt because he battered me. On the way home, incidentally, I pushed over a granny in the street and right this second I'm yelling at a random 14 year old from out of the window, telling him how much his mother is a tart. Coz it's the same thing init.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

This fucking winds me up, and I'm not talking about the video.

Both teams are at it and it's no different from the trash talk you get at boxing matches, for instance. It's appears to be done in the right spirit and this is just part and parcel of the experience for these guys. I'm not condoning abuse received online, that is totally different. These are obviously two highly competitive teams, playing in the same room as each other, obviously acting up to the camera and having fun. There appeared to be mutual respect for one-another after the match.

The comments thread on Eurogamer was highly hypocritical: 'Let's all laugh and abuse the people we don't know from behind the safety of the internet at the guys who are laughing and taunting each other in real life, for fun, in the spirit of togetherness.'

Anyway, moving on.

Haha they're playing Call of Duty. IDIOTS.

Yeah but you are called 'iloverage'.

• Upvote 6

You would say that, iloverage. You love rage.

Edit- Damn it

You're absolutely right though. The humour is entirely derived from the juxtaposition of the participants' competitive rage and the feebleness which society at large supposes characterises them. As much as I dislike trash talking nincompoops on Live, I can't support that.

No, quite right, We know all about these people from the five minute video we just saw.

I was playing Street Fighter with my mate the other day and called him a cunt because he battered me. On the way home, incidentally, I pushed over a granny in the street and right this second I'm yelling at a random 14 year old from out of the window, telling him how much his mother is a tart. Coz it's the same thing init.

What are you talking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If these kind of competitions are to have have any kind of acceptance by the masses behaviour should be controlled, it's just giving out the message that its ok to be an antagonistic vile cunt and in this case should be encouraged.

Even boxing or such sports where they are actually going to have a fight don't get that sort of language aired.

• Upvote 6

Maybe if it was creative sledging, or they had ice hockey-style punch-ups it might be more entertaining.

It's quite funny but I've been there myself, and I'm not playing for money.

I do the same when playing anything remotely competitive too, be it in a gaming sense or sport.

This needs an over the top English gents' version, where people are calling each other cad and bounder but all is forgiven over a nice spot of tea.

If they were playing some sort of indie game you'd all be saying how great it is that video games can generate such strong emotions.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I haven't watched the video or taken an interest in this topic at all, but I'd just like to say that I enjoyed this picture greatly:

uZDaZ9C.png

I found it strangely soothing and am going to print out several copies which I intend to keep upon my person ready to hand out to people in heated meetings, redundancy situations, court cases, and at deathbed scenes. Thanks, BrerLappin.

• Upvote 7

Time to show my age now.....that was just embarrassing. That is also why I stopped playing COD and like games online. :)

• Upvote 1

I had so much rage last week playing one of the Mann vs Machine missions on TF2, I wish I'd recorded it as this Pyro was blaming me (Demo) for these Giant Uber Medics and Heavys getting through. Being a Demo I can kill the Medic with a sticky trap providing nobody attacks them which will make them Uber, anywho I bought 3 Uber canteens and used them all to protect myself whist I blocked up and trapped these 4 pairs of heavy/medics - just about to detonate when the same said Pyro just runs at them flailing around his Flamethrower, their Ubers go off, he dies instantly and my last Uber canteen runs out before their Uber's do and I die horribly.

It was a real "LEEEEROY-JENKINS" moment and being the forth attempt at that wave I just lost it and lambasted him with abuse, never been so angry in a game before.

• Upvote 1