IGNORED

Sense8 - Netflix Series

hub2

Up to episode three and it's now gone off into 'so bad that it's good' territory. The unimaginative soundtrack, the writing, the pointless scenes (just to show the audience "hey remember this character?") and the sometimes appalling acting (especially by that chick in the hospital, my god :lol:). I just can't believe this is by the Wachowskis who made the first Matrix film. 

I'm definitely going to watch the other episodes to see how far I can get. It's just all very much eye rolling stuff (of course the asian woman does the kung-fu! I expected nothing less from these writers. :lol:)

I also applaud the casting of Jamie Clayton, a trans actress in a trans role and whacking her right in some full on sex scenes which will have hopefully confused and upset men the world over.

True, it's just a shame she was given such terrible terrible dialogue.

I'm up to episode 6 now (the orgy episode) and I'm having fun with it, even if it moves at a snail's pace and you'll constantly be asking yourself "what has even happened this episode?".

I wish the fucking music montages would stop though. They're basically music videos inside of a TV series and it's really making me cringe back into my seat.

I'm up to episode 6 now (the orgy episode)

I wish someone had called it that earlier in the thread. I stuck with it for 6 episodes in the belief that something exciting was going to happen in ep 6 only to find out it was some weird overly long sexy scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone still going with this?

the special was more of the same weird long musical segments interspersed with an another orgy and occasional action sequence that actually uses the shows premise for something worthwhile.  it's basically the first season in micro.  nothing significant happens at all really, it's amazing.  2 hours long as well.

oh and they've recast Capheus

• 4 months later...

I quite like it still, but I'm a few episodes in and it seems to have dropped the sci-fi a bit in favour of more slow motion music/sexy videos. Don't get me wrong, I love sexy music videos, but I swear the episodes could be half as long without all the slow mo.

I think it's the dumbest show I've ever actually still liked.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't started watching season two yet! Will still watch it, but no hurry now I guess. 

It seemed to have a bit of a rocky road all along, so in some ways it isn't a surprise. Disappointing though. Would be good if Netflix allowed them to tie things up with a special or something.

I'm not surprised, nothing but a completely unfocused, personal indulgence of the Wachowski's.

Maybe if it had spent more time building a coherent plot instead of pushing their own personal agendas, people may have stuck around.

The last few episodes tried but they left it too late for anyone to care.

9 minutes ago, MpM said:

Maybe if it had spent more time building a coherent plot instead of pushing their own personal agendas, people may have stuck around.

All the straight couples did get a bit much at times. Still, despite its obvious flaws and general bonkersness, it was fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...