IGNORED

Vikings - A History channel original series

sweetdaddyg

• 3 weeks later...

How is no one talking about the latest episode yet :o

Spoiler

I knew it was going to happen because I've read about it before but bravo to the show runners going ahead with it and carrying on the show. If GOT has proven anything you can kill off the main character and still go on to bigger and better things. Its going to be interesting to see where it goes now with no Ragnar and Lagertha as Queen

I've avoided looking up any source material on this as want to be surprised by it

Not sure how crippled Ivor the Boneless goes on a personal rampage as seems pretty immobile, but can see him surprise skewering a few key targets on the pointy end of his self made weapon.

Where this has been great almost from the off is the sheer sense of wonder and terror it evokes when the vikings meet a new set of folks for the first time

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2017 at 12:39, Yoshimax said:

Yeah it's amazing how much they can squeeze into a single episode. Compare to something like TWD where a season provides as much exposition as a single episode of this.

This is just one of the reasons why it's so good. In one episode, it literally skipped through about 6 months of events and yet it doesn't feel like anything was lost at all.

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha loved the ending, 

Spoiler

because Tudors reminds me of Vikings, though Tudors had more sex so this might make up for it

I really like how they deal with religion in this show, I think they do a good job of showing what a big deal it was back then. 

• 2 months later...

I'm 4 episodes into Season 4.2 and I'm really losing the will to live. Seasons 1-3 were the bollocks.. binged them in a few weeks on Amazon Prime. But the second part of SE4 Its just... well a bit meh :(

Lag has just taken control and killed off Queen bitch face, Raggy and Chucky Egg are getting shit faced on beers and catching up

Finished SE4 yesterday, I think I binged 5-6 episodes.....and I'm done. I've just not enjoyed SE4 at all. Fair enough you guys have but for me its almost like the last few seasons of Sons of Anarchy where it was just getting more and more whacked/ silly.

One question regarding Floki 

Why did Floki bury Helga rather than shove her on a funeral pyre? Seems a bit christian to uber norse Floki, or has he lost his faith in the gods after the mosque incident? Also Floki looked huge (hench) in the last season.

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

Finished SE4 yesterday, I think I binged 5-6 episodes.....and I'm done. I've just not enjoyed SE4 at all. Fair enough you guys have but for me its almost like the last few seasons of Sons of Anarchy where it was just getting more and more whacked/ silly.

One question regarding Floki 

Hide contents

Why did Floki bury Helga rather than shove her on a funeral pyre? Seems a bit christian to uber norse Floki, or has he lost his faith in the gods after the mosque incident? Also Floki looked huge (hench) in the last season.

I think that may be the reason. Its the 2nd times hes come into contact with another faith different to his own too. I think along with that and other things over the years like the death of his child and the failure in Paris has him questioning things.

• 6 months later...