IGNORED

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Harsin

• 2 weeks later...

I've fallen off watching, but a Thor follow up directed by Jonathan Frakes makes me want to catch up.

I don't really know why Frakes being involved piques my interest, but it does. He's a fine director but doesn't really contribute a signature touch. I guess I just want to illegally download a copy of the episode out of loyalty.

No, this is a good show. I don't get the hate, I don't see it as too far off the movies. Mainly I don't get the "is it a comedy or is it serious" thing. It's telling stories with the odd gag here and there which is what the films do. We don't need to see superheroes in it, that's what the movies are for. I find this to be about the more regular people that deal with those special threats. Kind of like Men in Black I guess.

It's not brilliant but I find it entertaining enough.

I am finding watching this along side Arrow is a nice mix. Arrow is much better with it's solid action and great characters but I am really enjoying agents of shield. There are some very funny moments in each episode and just enough excitement with the team working together to move things along at a nice pace.

It is never going to win any awards or compete with the majority of quality tv shows out there but it is filling a nice slot for me at the moment. I mentioned a few weeks ago it could do with a main protagonist and still feel this is needed so hopefully this is something they will introduce.

Realised I was only one behind so I caught up. The new one (Thor 2 one) was a bit weak but last weeks one was actually alright. It's certainly improving, just not at a great speed.

Question about the end of this weeks:

I'd started to play Pokemon and stopped looking at the end but was the inference that Agent Catalogue Model went in there to nail Kickass Lady?

I know it's generally considered the cardinal sin to post Penny Arcade here, but:

i-hhJBQRK-950x10000.jpg

You know the problem with it? There is no big bad. It's just separate stories each week which means no one really cares what happens to them.

There is though, that "Centipede" organization. However they've been massively underused so there's nothing to latch onto. If they were involved more often, perhaps being actually shown as the puppeteers behind shit that the team has to face and saying suitably shady evil organization things, then they'd actually feel like a proper opponent who can pose a real threat.

From the beach scene at the end of the last episode:

"Did I fall asleep?"

"For a little while."

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

I just caught up on the last few weeks, this had me :omg:

Is that pretty much a straight-up admission that he's something along the lines of a self-aware LMD? Or is it a meaningless throwaway Whedonism?

I just caught up on the last few weeks, this had me :omg:

Is that pretty much a straight-up admission that he's something along the lines of a self-aware LMD? Or is it a meaningless throwaway Whedonism?

It's a reference to Dollhouse. The doll asks their handler the question after being restored to the state of a doll after their mission. I don't know if there is another meaning.