IGNORED

Anime recommendations

sweetdaddyg

Have you watched much else later than those you posted? You seem to like mecha, which isn't that much my bag, and I'm not into a lot of modern anime, but stuff I have enjoyed and recommend includes:

• Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex. Try the first one, the second gets a bit talky.
  • Cowboy Bebop. Gateway series, got a lot of people into anime, great stuff.
  • Samurai Champloo - more humour than the stuff you posted, but a great action series.
  • Gurren Lagann - how to describe it? It's more than the sum of its parts - heroic mecha action, typical power-up structure, but wayyyyyy over the top.
  • Baccano! - incredibly graphic, violent headf*ck of a series.
  • Black Lagoon - amoral and violent mercenary adventure in the south seas.
  • FLCL. Indescribable. Batshit. Insane. All over the place. Wonderful. Too short :-(, but also just the perfect length.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Seem to be in the action genre. Other stuff I've liked but may be more of an acquired taste include Claymore, Moribito, Planetes, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Edit: the first two Evangelion 'reboot' movies are out and can be had pretty cheaply.

Proper, with some CG redone, AFAIK; it cropped up in the main anime thread a while back. Also:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-22/cowboy-bebop-blu-ray-and-dvd-in-q3-from-anime-limited

In the subsequent discussion, Anime Limited said its blu-ray would be using the same material as the Japanese release. The blu-ray would not be an upscale, but "would match the Japanese job, which I think actually was a proper job."

yeah I have seen all gundam to date. I didnt much like gurenn lagann or however its spelt. Thanks for the recommendations thus far. I had expected Meh to mention uritsikoju (again sorry about the spelling) which I recall was the film that got our little anime video trading ring banned in primary school in the late 80s/early 90s due to it featuring the good ol demon rape.

I see full metal alchemist is on netflix so I might give it a whirl. I am trying to get my wee lad into anime by using the great gateway drug, Dragonball Z lol.

Urotsukidoji is low on the Meh scale of classics.

Edit: In terms of recommendations, is it mainly mech you're after or action? Or just anything decent from the last few years

Edited by Mr.Jeff

Urotsukidoji is low on the Meh scale of classics.

Edit: In terms of recommendations, is it mainly mech you're after or action? Or just anything decent from the last few years

It was a trend-setter in adult entertainment. The plot was incredible. INCREDIBLE.