Batman Arkham Origins

12 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If you like this series, find a way to play the VR entry.  It's short but unlike any VR thing that tries to be real life, it REALLY feels like you're in the Batman Arkham world.

Plus it's a lovely little story with a brilliant conceived conclusion.

I wouldn't know. I had my eyes closed the whole time...

• Upvote 1

My memories a bit shit, but apart from having the best character models (i.e normal looking instead of City's roid people) and some good story beats, Origins had an awful lot of gliding around a huge grey empty world just to get to mission start points and the combat engine was fucked up.

Knight is spectacular, when all the systems come together it's outstanding. Launching from the batmobile at full speed to 200 feet high soaring over Gotham is tremendous. It still looks absolutely fantastic, that rain and neon and sense of scale. Wish it had a pro patch to push it that little bit extra. I even did all the riddler stuff for the secret ending I enjoyed it that much

I do love the way Knight just goes full on eye-gougingly amazing looking from the off. I know it's 'only' Unreal 3, but the sheer detail on everything makes for an absolutely awesome final chapter. 

I know they serve absolutely sod-all purpose, but the wave effects on the water are just magnificent!

Arkham Knight is magnificent. I love the way you can just drop down onto any random street corner or row of buildings, and take in the absolutely absurd level of detail in the environment. It feels like every inch of the city has been modelled to the standard you'd expect to see in a linear FPS, except this is a completely open world where any given location may never be visited by the player.

• Upvote 5
  • 1 year later...

I don't think I finished this, when I played it on the PS3 originally. 

Bug ridden mess, at the time. 

Picked up the 360 version today, and playing on an Xbone X.

That install size, (over 19gb),  WTF?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the fuck out of it this time. 

I love this version of Batman. 

7 hours ago, John Edward Gammell said:

I don't think I finished this, when I played it on the PS3 originally. 

Bug ridden mess, at the time. 

Picked up the 360 version today, and playing on an Xbone X.

That install size, (over 19gb),  WTF?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the fuck out of it this time. 

I love this version of Batman. 

They never fully patched it up iirc. To avoid the dreaded corrupted save file bug, always go back to the title screen before quitting the game or turning off the console.