IGNORED

EDF 2025

Thread Owner

See, I thought that was more the handheld version? Crazy naming!

There are another couple of trailers out there, that gameplay one looks amazing though! Insect Armageddon isn't fit to be crushed beneath this masterpiece's boots.

It's called EDF4 in Japan - the 2025 bit is for the western versions and wasn't announced until later.

All we really know about a Euro release is that NamcoBandai europe have announced the game..

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/news/2012/12/13/earth-defense-force-2025-urgent-information-from-the-earth-defense-force-recruitment-team/3276

4th July is the current release date in Japan (it's already shuffled back a couple of times).. no western dates announced other than '2013'

Oh my fucking god. This is going to be so good :D

Also great to see the engine struggling along as usual. Aaah, classic EDF!

That's part of the charm! Yeahhhhh.

Now could we imagine next gen versions? URR MAI GAWD.

Look at how many UTTERLY useless weapons there are! Is one of them a suitcase!? I really really loved going into battle armed only with a sentry gun and a horribly impractical 1-shot missile launcher, or some kind of scatterbomb which did more damage to my EDF comrades than to the giant ants. So long as every single vehicle remains an utter nightmare to control and a complete liability to use then I'll be happy. They've even got the flying lass from edf on the ps2!

Look at how many UTTERLY useless weapons there are! Is one of them a suitcase!? I really really loved going into battle armed only with a sentry gun and a horribly impractical 1-shot missile launcher, or some kind of scatterbomb which did more damage to my EDF comrades than to the giant ants. So long as every single vehicle remains an utter nightmare to control and a complete liability to use then I'll be happy. They've even got the flying lass from edf on the ps2!

Oh yes, some gun that fires one huge energy bolt every 15 seconds. If you landed it on target it just took a giant robot out in one go. Most of the time though it would go wildly off course and you'd just get totally flattened. That's EDF.

• 1 month later...

It's still coming out in Japan on July 4th so it's obviously finished, I really don't understand their reason for delaying it. Summer would be an absolutely perfect time to release it. Very tempted to import on PS3, of course it's more full game price when importing from Japan rather than budget and you don't know what the guns do but.....I'm still tempted.