IGNORED

EDF 2025

Thread Owner

I have to say, if, instead of Dead Rising 3, the Xbox One had launched with an exclusive next-gen EDF with even more bugs, even more destructibility, I would have been there day one. As it is I'll just continue to bewail the fact that the only EDF to get a PC release has been the only rubbish one :(

Cannot stop playing it. It is just like the hay day of Live on original Xbox. People talking in lobbies, working together to kill stuff. Glorious. Just done one mission where you are on an open field, and the game throws everything at you.

Everything.

Plus this guy kept calling me Batman as I broke out different vehicles. Concluding with that monstrous four person mech. I do not care if all I do is pilot it, that thing wrecks faces. Balanced as well, you cannot just drop it as the start.

This might be my GOTY already.

More good games tonight with MDY, cleared 10 or so levels, only on hard but got some health farmed anyway and had a laugh. Met some weird people though, there was a Fencer who had 20,000 health and was just diving into stupidly hard levels with relative newbies in tow. We all got slaughtered. Then later on, someone who had an obviously dodgy 100,000 health and some high level weaponry. It's only been out a week in the US...somethings obviously being exploited.

Anyway, add away on the gamertag, MDY and I should be around this week with headsets on evenings for some games. Its full of brilliant levels, happy that people are seeing what I was on about.

Whilst this will definitely be on my list for GOTY (no I'm not joking) I can't see any other better coop game for me and my mate this year. It's just so fucking fun and most surprisingly I've been really impressed with Sandlots netcode. It's been absolutely rock solid and even on PS3 the slowdowns haven't really bothered me at all. Then again I'm an EDF 2 veteran :D Such a blast calling in my SDL2 motorbike and then zipping around an open level with your mate in the sidecar shooting ants. Completely mental but leaves you with a big smile on your face :D

Played a bit of coop, then I needed to sleep. For some reason ive adopted what I believe to be a south Carolina accent for online. An especially bad one. I have no idea how this happened.

The net code does appear solid. The whole package makes a mockery of Insect Armageddon with its four levels or whatever.

Whilst this will definitely be on my list for GOTY (no I'm not joking) I can't see any other better coop game for me and my mate this year. It's just so fucking fun and most surprisingly I've been really impressed with Sandlots netcode. It's been absolutely rock solid and even on PS3 the slowdowns haven't really bothered me at all. Then again I'm an EDF 2 veteran :D Such a blast calling in my SDL2 motorbike and then zipping around an open level with your mate in the sidecar shooting ants. Completely mental but leaves you with a big smile on your face :D

Game of the decade, the generation, everything. I cannot think of anything I like more. Did some brilliant levels last night. I was saying to MDY, im getting a very big Phantasy Star Online vibe off this. The menus are similar, the online menu music is pure PSO. You play it in teams of 4, killing the local monsters and moving from level to level. The non-headset chat system is virtually the same, and there's the same excitement over loot drops.

I've only tried out the ranger and the fencer so far, but the fencer plays very differently, which is great. Not just different weapons, but new classes of weapons like melee weapons and shields, the ability to wield 4 weapons (two at once, but you switch between sets as you would switch between individual weapons on the ranger), and with burst jump jets to compensate for the slow movement speed. The control scheme takes a while to get to grips with, but that only makes you appreciate the difference in classes all the more. Reminds me of monster hunter in a way- you get the impression you can really do some amazing things when you master it.

And for a game that can be a bit rough and ready sometimes, there are some impressive touches- like the fact that the fencer's huge hulking armour frame takes a while to come to a stop with it's inertia, and the chaingun taking a few seconds to spin before it starts spitting out bullets. There's a really nice heavy feel to all of it.

Words fail me at the EG stream, the bloody idiots. Anyone up for some 360 games should add me and MDY, i've added a few already. Doing a mix of hard mode story progression with occasional forays into inferno to get some tasty weapons. Bonus points for headsets. and not blowing us up at the start.

Cara Ellison?

Hopefully someone who actually likes the series this time..

EDIT: ah, he said he liked 2017 but hasn't played this yet..

EDIT2: Looks like he barely played 2017..

and not blowing us up at the start.

Especially this :D

I'm pushing through the Campaign on Hard on co-op with a friend (and sometimes a third) but am always happy to play some more EDF with others if they want. I am more likely to blow myself up experimenting with new weapons than I am anyone else, that's a good thing yeah? I seem to have a habit of sidestepping past lamp posts or something as I fire rockets :(

On another note is there a way of turning off the weapon level limits in MP? Do you have to finish the campaign first or?

For Fencer players, do you ever get faster equipment to move around quicker or is it all about abusing the dash method that's about ? I played literally only one level as the Fencer so I won't judge the class at all but his movement speed was sooooooooooo fucking slow.

So is it one achievement per class to complete each difficulty level, then? That's a lot of hours if it is. Took me long enough to finish 2017 with just the one class.

Unlike the original, it looks like there's no achievement for finishing easy either..

For Fencer players, do you ever get faster equipment to move around quicker or is it all about abusing the dash method that's about ? I played literally only one level as the Fencer so I won't judge the class at all but his movement speed was sooooooooooo fucking slow.

Think it's all about using the burst jump jets- you can combine the vertical boost and the dash boost though, and get a bit more distance that way (just switch weapons in mid air). I find I'm faster than ground troops using the horizontal dash- you can use it in four directions too. It's good for scooping up item drops too.

Tried to host my own room last night with the intention of playing through the levels online but could only choose levels 1,2,38 and 39. Once we completed level 2 there was no option I could see to proceed to level 3, what am I doing wrong here?

They're the levels you've completed in online games so far.. so you can replay those or the next earliest..

Also :lol:

3eHklhR.jpg

I bought this on a whim yesterday as it looked right up my street, and for some reason I've never played an EDF game before.

I only manged to finish 7 or 8 missions before the wife got home and wanted to watch tv, but I can't wait to get stuck in again tonight. I don't have XBL gold at the moment though, so am having to play by myself.

MDY - I hope you don't mind but I nabbed one of those pics you posted to use as my avatar :)

"There are flying giant insects?!? I'll never be surprised by anything again!" has to be the single greatest line in the history of gaming. :lol:

Unlocked my first achievement last night as well. After 8 and a half hours play. God, I love this game.

We completed level 2 but I could'nt choose level 3, surely that is the next earliest mission?

Cool t-shirt btw.

Edit: Anyone else having problems playing online sometimes the others players will freeze but the game will continue? Almost like the game has lost connection, really annoying especially when Im the host.

They're the levels you've completed in online games so far.. so you can replay those or the next earliest..

Also :lol:

3eHklhR.jpg