EDF 2025

Thread Owner

How many levels in this game? I just want it to end now, not the Games fault I just have no one to play the game with and playing online has been a pain in the arse :seanr:

Apparently only 13.

Eh?? 85 single player, another 10 or so online, and then 3 mission packs. Its not a game you'll remotely finish for months, and if you want to beat inferno it'll be literally years for each character.

I think it's 139 in total!

85 standard level

9 online only levels

5 in the Special Ops DLC

20 each in the 2 other DLC packs..

Missed a few days due to migraines and family stuff but have still sunk over 30 hours into it already..

Mission pack 2 is crazy, the missions last half an hour. You're talking 10 full waves of enemies compared to the standard 3, they're even challenging on normal mode. Mission 14 is like 10 waves of dragons, giant dragons, and more of them than you fight in the single player. The missions are the combinations of enemies that were missed out of the main game, they're very good.

Gonna have to pick up the pack then.. though I suspect I'll need a good deal more health to handle them..

Just encountered the dragons in SP.. they make me laugh when you kill them.. they flop to the floor like a rubber chicken.. :lol:

I'm really enjoying this. I've played about half of it as the pale wing and it's already had a few of those crazy overwhelming moments. I decided to play on normal and absolutely not farm higher difficulties, that way I can restart on Hard and have a proper curve going on whilst building up my armour for the eventual Inferno mode, should I ever get there.

However I do think it's not evolved enough and is a bit too similar to 2017. I still think there is basic stuff which I can't believe they've not updated in all this time:

- player movement speed. Why can't they speed this up? I don't get it. The fencer in particular is painfully slow. Only the pale wing, with her jetpack, feels quick enough. And even she walks slowly for some reason.

- ranger jump/dodge. Why are these on the same button, still? Jump isn't something you need much so stick it somewhere else. Or take it out completely, I'm pretty sure they could have done that by making it so you automatically jump over obstacles or something. Ranger's fastest movement remains dodging sideways so you end up spending much of the time with the screen not facing the way you're going, which is silly.

- collecting items. There's a small thrill when you pick up weapons, but I can't help thinking that item drops could be done better. Every level ends with that annoying sweep where you go over the whole level seeing if you've missed anything, trying not to kill the last couple of enemies. It's just not very elegant. I can't help thinking that if everything except health was an auto pickup it'd be better. Or an alternative solution might have been to have time targets. Gold silver and bronze. Hit the gold target and get 5 weapons (new or otherwise), silver 3, bronze 1, something like that. I guess one argument might be using respawn points for farming but whatever. I just don't like the fact I spend most of my time worrying about pickups and not bugs.

Well you can dash with the fencer, but he's deliberately a tank. I do a lot of rolling forward with the ranger too, can't really disagree but ive never found it upsetting. I think its part of the skill in killing enemies close by, so you're not trudging 50 miles picking stuff up. I dont think it would be the same without keeping one enemy alive to scour for guns.

Cant really say youre wrong in any points but changing too much means it wouldnt be an EDF game.

Gonna have to pick up the pack then.. though I suspect I'll need a good deal more health to handle them..

Just encountered the dragons in SP.. they make me laugh when you kill them.. they flop to the floor like a rubber chicken.. :lol:

I just did a mission on easy that was actually almost challenging. Its insane, you trapped in a dark cave (no exits), and its about 30 mins of nests appearing on the walls and ceilings, full of creatures. No word of a lie, it will spawn 20 full nests of creatures all over the walls. I've never seen anything like it.

I did the first hector mission solo as a fencer, and thought 'nah, I won't need melee weapons, I'll go with dual mission launchers instead of them', and then without the horizontal dash, it took me ages to get to the shoreline where I was actually killing them to collect the pick ups. I don't think the 'it's part of the skill killing enemies close by' really covers it, since loads of the weapons are designed to be long range.

It's fine in multiplayer, with other, nippier guys collecting stuff for me (i'm assuming anything they pick up, I get too?), but it can be a bit of a pain otherwise. It's still a very fun game though.

Yeah i imagine it would be a nightmare collecting with the fencer, I've not put any time into him yet. You're right about the pickups, everyone gets the armour and a random weapon box for their class for each one picked up.

It's not too bad with the horizontal boosters (think you have to keep one set as melee weapon and shield to get those)- the worst thing are those tiny waist-high barriers, but you can (non-boosted) jump over those, and then do a horizontal dash.

Multiplayer is much better though, with wing divers hoovering up all the loot for me, whilst I spray hot lead from my chainguns like a maniac.

I just did a mission on easy that was actually almost challenging. Its insane, you trapped in a dark cave (no exits), and its about 30 mins of nests appearing on the walls and ceilings, full of creatures. No word of a lie, it will spawn 20 full nests of creatures all over the walls. I've never seen anything like it.

Bloody hell! :lol:

Agreed on the auto vault over for small walls/road barriers - it's annoying getting hung up on them while trying to leg it..

Another idea would be if any (surviving) EDF troops would grab up nearby weapons/armour (though obv not health) for you..

This is brilliant fun.

Only about 10 levels in, but the webs were a lot easier to take down with the 'doesn't stop firing until you change weapons' laser gun. Which seems like someone labelled a bug as a feature, and is hilarious in EDF, where it would be annoying elsewhere.

As much as I get frustrated by getting webbed and dragged to a Retiarius that I'll die before I even see, this game is amazing. Amazing.

Done about 65 levels on normal and the first 26 on hardest. I spent ages on that spider level with 3 huge waves farming for health and weapons and now have 900+ for my ranger. Think I'm just going to finish up the normal levels tomorrow and then put some real effort into hardest. Although I'm dreading some of the later ones.

Again, im glad people are seeing what i was raving about last summer. The giant battleship is fucking insane. Theres a brilliant level with it in mission pack 2 aswell, it transforms and absolutely wrecks a huge skyscraper in front of you. This is why I cant play tin pot piddly little cover shooters anymore, EDF is gaming heroin.

Can you select the mission pack levels seperately, or do they get 'added' to the end of the standard single player campaign?

I bought the 'season pass' for all level packs but I don't see how I can play the levels.

Mission pack 2 level 16 is alleged to be a good farming level but its bloody not. Its caves like the famous level 56 or so in 2017, spider in caves so you can avoid them. Not on this though, its a nightmare. The drops on early levels have dried up too.