EDF 2025

Thread Owner

Games journalists are pretty tight and high five each other on twitter a lot, so likely its a mate letting her do some work for the site - and then reading the review and chuckling "Oh you, so wacky!" before quickly uploading the thing onto the site because they had to get to shoreditch for drinks with someone from IGN UK and a guy from Midnight Resistance or something.

Here's a question for you guys. Imagine if all the games journalists met up in that shoreditch pub - and a giant sinkhole opened up and swallowed them all.

Please don't fucking tar us with the same brush, it's annoying and uncalled for. I don't even low five other journalists on twitter (it's too much on my back).

Please don't fucking tar us with the same brush, it's annoying and uncalled for. I don't even low five other journalists on twitter (it's too much on my back).

Indeed Strider. I apologise. I didn't mean *all* games journalists. Not the actual journalists like your good self.

Just noticed the downloadable version. Screw it - I like this sort of game available for an easy load up. When pay day comes I'll be all over it!

Next weekend will be all about GIANT INSECTS.

What's the online side of this about/like? Who's on for the start of March for a weekend of GIANT INSECT killing?!

Heard good things about the netcode in a couple of reviews of the original release last year - people who imported Stateside being able to get a decent game with Japanese players..

Thread here to add your gamertag/PSN ID to for some online co-op

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/277290-earth-defense-force-2025/

General consensus is xbox on this one?

Yeah, the framerate is noticeably better throughout by all accounts.. a patch improved things over the original release on PS3 but it's still worse than 360.. More so in split screen.

The PS3 version is also missing the feature that split screen players can connect to play online with others on Xbox..

Yeah the PS3 version is a bit worse than the 360 one but for me since I don't want XBL Gold again anytime soon and friends are on PS3 it's the one for me. I didn't even find the import version THAT bad tbh, in EDF terms I mean. If you've played through the entirety of EDF2 for example then you'd have no problems.

I do hope they do a port of this to PS4/Xbox One though as well as a new EDF game.

I got a phone call from my Mum, asking me to give her a lift into town. Knowing the game was due today, I really wanted to say "No!", but since the postman usually turns up at about 1pm, I wasn't hugely bothered.

Literally whilst I was tying my shoelace, the game dropped through the door! My poor Mum has never been so scared of my driving before. I've been distracted, even to the point of singing "EDF, EDF" to the tune of "Be Our Guest", and trying to remember any of the other words of the song to make a genuine parody. Time to play, and time to reactivate XBox Live Gold, because sometimes you need to get in bed with the devil.

Yeah the PS3 version is a bit worse than the 360 one but for me since I don't want XBL Gold again anytime soon and friends are on PS3 it's the one for me. I didn't even find the import version THAT bad tbh, in EDF terms I mean. If you've played through the entirety of EDF2 for example then you'd have no problems.

I do hope they do a port of this to PS4/Xbox One though as well as a new EDF game.

That's the reason I'll be playing on PS3. I'll never be buying XBL Gold, not even for this.

The old PS2 EDF2 could chug pretty badly but somehow it didn't matter, so a bit of stuttering is nothing really.

This is amazing. It's the perfect antidote to the po-faced Splinter Cell: Blacklist and the new Final Fantasy XIII games I've been playing. It's just so gamey, if that makes sense. Only done the first 8 missions, but it's more EDF done properly after the mess that was Insect Armageddon.

On mobile, so no paragraphs. To sum up quickly, still plays like EDF. No longer has sprites for pick ups, we next Gen baby. Wing Diver is such an amazing class. Flies for miles, no roll and you really have to think about each reload. I love it, why am I in work till 10:30 tonight :/

Can anyone tell me if the battle machine vegelta still controls like a lumbering mess designed by a gibbon. If they've changed how it moves ONE bit I'll hit the absolute roof.

I can only speak for the free downloadable Vegalta, but it has changed from the one in 2017. I found it a bit more annoying to control, but I can totally see what they have gone for with it. However, control complaints are insignificant when you see its new weapon.

And I have a new favourite weapon in any videogame, ever. Artillery A (Attack Whale) Lv0 lives up to the genius name even more than Air Tortoise does. I can't believe some of the destructive power so early on, it makes me fear for my TV on later levels...

Can anyone tell me if the battle machine vegelta still controls like a lumbering mess designed by a gibbon. If they've changed how it moves ONE bit I'll hit the absolute roof.

There's apparently a new mech all 4 players can pile into and the other 3 control the guns.. :omg:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/18/earth-defense-force-2025-blast-youre-controlling-mech/

How big is the download for this?

4.8GB

Played for 7 hours straight there in coop with a good mate. We're taking a 2 hour break and then getting back to it :D I have played a bit of the import before solo as ranger but I must say I love playing Air Raider, he's a blast to play as. I'm also happy to report that my mate, who's a big EDF fan but who pays no attention to reviews or whatever, is absolutely overjoyed with it too. He's already sending me texts about weapons he wants to try :lol:

d-day, hope people enjoy it. Got my one

As if you don't believe me??

You're a bit mad, you know? ;)

So far, so good. Loads of shit blowing up, the air diver class is awesome, and there seems to be loads of variety in the weapons and stuff. Bit disappoibted with it being all ants for the first three or so levels, and those spiders were DICKS.

Hm odd, the GB crew doesn't seem to be enjoying themselves much even though I was laughing throughout when I witnessed the utter chaos, the giant ants being shot through the stratosphere and the spazzing out of the camera and character. :lol:

I really need to play this in co-op.