IGNORED

EDF 2025

Thread Owner

Put a few hours in, got some level 40 weapons already which is nice, milking the first few levels on hardest for all they're worth. Loving the English menus etc. Ravager expert guy sounds exactly like Suchong from Bioshick.

After a slow start, it turned into a glorious remake of 2017, but with me flying through the fucking air.

Got a sniper rifle that's a constant beam. Makes the recreation of the beach stage with the Hectors a piece of PISS, as I just sat in the distance and unleashed death.

Love that new depth of field effect, too.

Also, play on Hard or go home.

I'm onto insane mode already, got some great guns out of it. Ixion 6 way shot and reflection laser, farm hard for an hour then you should be stepping up to hardest.

Ps it really, really ramps up later on. You've seen nothing yet. Wait for the new enemies to show up.

Agree on the depth of field , and the HDR makes the colours really pop.

So ended up playing around 13 - 14 hours of coop yesterday with a good friend of mine (online coop) and by 2am - 3am we were so tired we couldn't play anymore EDF. During the last couple of hours we were doing mission 30 I think it was - big field, lots of enemies and it was very intense. My mate who is usually pretty calm (even with all the joking and piss taking we were doing) all of a sudden starts shouting 'You CUNT! The fucker just grabbed me out of the air and started chomping on my DICK!' So I look over and see him being chomped on by a red ant, desperately clinging for life and then being flung half way across the map with his body ragdolling :lol: I was laughing so hard at his response I could barely play properly and we ended up losing the mission before retrying :lol: It just makes me smile knowing that this small budget game probably gave us some of the best laughs we've had playing a game together in recent years :lol:

The red ants are utter cunts in EDF 2025 though.

I'm onto insane mode already, got some great guns out of it. Ixion 6 way shot and reflection laser, farm hard for an hour then you should be stepping up to hardest.

Ps it really, really ramps up later on. You've seen nothing yet. Wait for the new enemies to show up.

Agree on the depth of field , and the HDR makes the colours really pop.

I farmed the early gunship level on hard (maybe level 9 - the one after they were introduced where you just fight gunships) as a Wing Diver - used the Reflection laser while stood between two buildings to minimise taking flack..

On my first go - got a Geist 2 homing missile drop, this let me play the level over and just send dozens of homing shots off to deal with each wave.. provided I remembered to stay mostly on the ground (very nasty if you collide with one of the slow moving shots yourself) - couple more goes and I'd picked up a fantastic Thunder Bow and Triple Lightning Sniper Rifle.. Hectors REALLY don't like that one!

Racked up about 6 hours yesterday, (only did about 20 stages in total but was completing them as both Ranger and Wing Diver) and am ready to try some co-op this afternoon I think! :D

Level 11 you mean is the gunship one i think, your AI pals can complete it on their own..you just nip in at the end and pick up the spoils. I forgot about that one, so I did hard mode for an hour, then moved onto farming levels 1, 2 and 3 on inferno for about 4 hours. All using Wing Diver, shes still my favourite by far. Checked my stats and I've already picked up 500 armour, but shes so weedy it only boosts her up to 280 or so. She gets 1 point for every 3 you collect.

I got a similar, Geist 3 think its called, its level 40 or so....fires out an insane amount of homing rockets and slows the screen to a crawl. Hilariously they only fire out at a 180 degree angle sideways to you so you have to do it high up. They also knock out buildings so they level about a square mile around you as you do it. Ive got a level 40 sniper too, it does 1200 damage I think. The level 35 ixion beats out the level 45 one I've got thought, does 45x15 damage or something crazy....it mops up inferno level ants with the reflection laser to back it up while charging. Might have to investigate online modes today.

I folded this morning and got a top-up for my Xbox Live funds to download this game (the digital version is probably more expensive but a small top-up was a bit more cost-effective than a brick and mortar purchase) so I'm looking forward to trying it. My gamertag is qazimod for online shenanigans, though I imagine I'll have to power up a bit first :D

Managed to finally get some of my fave weapons to drop, got the double blue laser, thats only mid 30s level but super powerful. 240 metre range compared to the LASR ones which are about 120 metre. It seems im on about 15% of the Wing Diver weapons (got the 10% weapon drop achievement hours ago) so the weapons dont actually have a single one on each level, if you know what I mean. Just because theres a Thunder Bow 20, doesnt mean there's a 10, for example.

360 version absolutely sublime, 10 second loading times off the HDD when I was used to 30-40 ones, beautifully upscaled 1080p, and your squad actually sings to you.

Bah I never realised the online progress was separate from the solo progress. It's all multiplayer I've been playing on 2025 PS3. Gives me an excuse to buy the 360 version for solo play though without paying for XBLG :D

I'm going to end up paying for XL Gold again aren't I.....

Online progress is separate? Wow who thought that idea up, thats shocking. I was looking forward to taking my unlocked guns online.

I think the guns are fine angel, in fact I'm pretty certain the guns you unlock in single player you can use. It's the mission progression that isn't saved from what I can see, not character progression which seems to actually be across all modes.

I think the guns are fine angel, in fact I'm pretty certain the guns you unlock in single player you can use. It's the mission progression that isn't saved from what I can see, not character progression which seems to actually be across all modes.

Hope so, anyone venturing on at any point?

Is the ps3 version considerably worse? My live sub is about to run out.

Frame rate slightly worse, graphics slightly less crisp, a bit more slowdown, loading times longer. Nothing too upsetting.

Netcode is thankfully very good.. No noticible lag for the several hours I was on - even when playing co-op with 3 Americans..

Ran a bunch of missions with Angel also (cheers for that :D - did well until we tried farming Inferno for weapons - lol - must scale the difficulty even further for multiplayer - did the same levels fine solo) - but we had trouble getting voice comms to work unless we were set up in Party chat - and then couldn't hear the other two..

Not sure what was going on there..

If anyone is up for some co-op this evening maybe? Would be good to get 4 'mukers in a squad..

Me and my bro got this yesterday on the 360...it's been a very long time since we've had such a laugh playing a game. We clocked up about 12 hours - the difference between hard to hardest and then inferno is amazing - we have managed hard without too many problems and then decided to farm a level (21?) where 3 ships keep dropping ants...played a single level for an hour and a half! Amazing how close we got to carelessly dying and screaming out loud in fear...we were rewarded with a couple of lvl 47 and 43 guns. Still no chance on inferno though! :o

Amazing fun - the joystiq review sums it up pretty well. I am glad to hear the levels change after level 40 as so far apart from couple of new enemies, it seems exactly the same as 2017!

What is the best difficulty to start if you don't intend to re-visit the game after finishing all the levels once?

I don't like to get into farming and such, just play through to the end (and all the add-on level packs) at challenging (but not impossible) difficulty.

I found in the previous games that some of the later levels became impossible on the harder difficulty levels unless you went the route of staring at easy, farming for health and weapons, finishing the game and restating at the next difficulty level.

You fail the EDF test if you're farming the easier difficulty settings, it's all about farming the highest possible difficulty for ridiculously overpowered weapons with the weapons and health you've currently got. When you do that it's also a lot less boring since it's also quite a challenge.

I've done the first 15 missions on Normal, then gone back and started on Hardest. I plan on getting to mission 15 and then going back to normal with whatever overly powered weapons I have and working up to mission 30 before going back to Hardest. This way I should be massively overpowered by the end of the game and ready to tackle Inferno.

How many missions are there, by the way?