rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Vemsie

New Shadow Warrior - Out Now!

This is out??

Yeah been out for a few weeks at least :)

Here's a quick video I did whilst messing about with the Nvidia Shadowplay video recording:

I agree with VN1X and woo, Shadow Warrior is old-school gory FPS fun, as exciting to play as modern po-faced FPS games are tedious.

Aye, what they said - it's great fun (and the sword is wonderful), with a levelling system that actually works; meaty, fast-paced combat and is just generally a pleasure to dip into.

After picking this up months ago (stupid PC sales) I'm about 10 hours in and it's brilliant.

It's outstanding how polished the whole thing is and Wang/Hoji's double act makes me chuckle.

Surprisingly good melee combat as well!

Nnnnnnnggghhhhhhh- I should be a moderator so I can change thread titles for the better...Seriously I'm always on as I'm without a job atm. I could be rllmuk's janitor!

Anyway Shadow Warrior (2013), hint hint, is a great game. Though it did drag on a bit and I feel like they could've done with some trimming.

These guys should've done Duke Nukem Forever.

Funnily enough I was playing this earlier as well, also having picked it up in some sale or other.

I can only echo what others have said - it's gloriously silly old-school fun. I have the flu at the moment, and if I don't go into work tomorrow, I'm tempted to spend the whole day playing this.

Shame it's such a ridiculous CPU-hog. Otherwise it's really cool.

One of my favourite games from last year. It's coming to PS4 as well this year.

Shame it's such a ridiculous CPU-hog. Otherwise it's really cool.

Some good news in that regard:

http://www.dsogaming.com/interviews/flying-wild-hog-talks-shadow-warrior-64bit-cpu-optimizations-mantle-mod-tools-future-plans/

DSOGaming: Shadow Warrior seemed unable to max out our quad-core and take advantage of all four CPU cores, which resulted in low-performance in various scenes. A simulated tri-core CPU was performing the same with a quad-core CPU. Is that due to a limitation of the API (DirectX)?

JP: We set dual core CPUs as our minimal requirements. Two threads (main and rendering) were running all the time. Additional threads were used for physics, sounds, streaming textures, calculating decals. The game was limited mainly by every single CPU frequency than by the number of cores.

KN: We have recently moved to job based engine architecture. Additionally we have optimized serial code paths and replaced DX9 with DX11, which has lower CPU overhead. Currently it scales much better and most of the time uses all available cores.

MS: In fact we are planning to release a new PC version of Shadow Warrior intended for 64bit processors (Windows 7 and up) that uses new version of our engine – you will be able to test it by yourselves. Our internal tests show a significant performance increase compared to the current PC 32bit version.

Get innnn. Only got to the second level, but the first was pretty awesome.

Also, don't kill bunnies, PS4 owners. Just... leave the motherfuckers alone. It's for your own good.

• Upvote 2

PSA FOLKS! - Shadow Warrior is out today for the PS4 and Xbox One. It's also fucking amazing :) Give it a go!

Get innnn. Only got to the second level, but the first was pretty awesome.

Also, don't kill bunnies, PS4 owners. Just... leave the motherfuckers alone. It's for your own good.

What? It was the first thing I did... like the turtle in Crysis.

Having a blast with this. Didn't think much of the first level, but everything clicked from the second on. Learning to alternate between sword and weapon in quick succession has been the key for me. Loving the 60fps too. It's certainly prone to jumping when there's a lot going on, but for the most part it's a lovely smooth experience.

Noticed this is £20 on PS4 & Xbox at Zavvi.. After Wolfenstein I quite fancy some more FPS silliness.

This is phenomenal fun. Got the originals idiot humour, the sword is a dream to handle, it looks pretty (if ropey) at times and its batshit. Full of unlockables and secrets too.

ALL MEN EAT BUT FU MAN CHU

Gave the demo of this a go after recommendation of a simpler, more fun FPS. And it's AMAZING. To be honest, anything that kicks straight into The Touch would've had me but this is exactly what I've been after. Doesn't take itself too seriously and plays pretty well too.